Westminster Election 12th December 2019

Started by Ambrose, October 29, 2019, 02:24:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

seafoid

"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

imtommygunn

Quote from: Ed Ricketts on November 10, 2019, 11:37:48 PM
It's important to vote, even if you know your candidate has little chance of success. Voting isn't always about instant gratification - it can take two, three, four attempts before your man or women gets over the line. Very often when a constituency flips you can track the momentum of new representative through several earlier elections - but that momentum needs people to get out and vote.

Exactly. The only way this place will ever change - and it really really needs to - is the apathetic voters get out there and make some difference and stop it being dominated by the bitter entrenched people.

five points

Quote from: seafoid on November 11, 2019, 09:28:51 AM
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics/2019/11/11/northern-ireland-veterans-get-new-protections-tories-announce/

Conservatives in general election manifesto pledge to end 'unfair trials' for Northern Ireland veterans

There are a good few veterans whose trials are long overdue. Some of them still in high public office.

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: smelmoth on November 10, 2019, 07:07:30 PM
In SinnFeins party political broadcast will they be setting out the achievements of Mickey Brady, Órfhlaith Begley (she is the MP for West Tyrone), Francine Molloy (also an MP apparently), Paul Maskey (you might know his brother Alex), Michelle Gildernew, Chris Hazzard or Elisha McCallion?

When you read this it really hits home how useless SF are

trailer

In SinnFeins party political broadcast will they be setting out the achievements of Mickey Brady, Órfhlaith Begley (she is the MP for West Tyrone), Francine Molloy (also an MP apparently), Paul Maskey (you might know his brother Alex), Michelle Gildernew, Chris Hazzard or Elisha McCallion?

Mickey Brady has been the MP for Newry/Armagh for God knows how long and I have never heard the man speak. He's never on TV or Radio.

smelmoth

Quote from: seafoid on November 11, 2019, 09:28:51 AM
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics/2019/11/11/northern-ireland-veterans-get-new-protections-tories-announce/

Conservatives in general election manifesto pledge to end 'unfair trials' for Northern Ireland veterans

Tories playing to the gallery on Remembrance Day. This proposal is unwelcome but also doesn't do the things the headlines pretend it does.

No impact on ongoing criminal trials
No impact on ongoing inquiries that the judiciary have instructed
No impact on future inquiries/legal cases where there has been no prior investigation
No impact on cases where new evidence has emerged

There is a lot of grey areas there on what constitutes new evidence and what constitutes a prior investigation. Grey areas that will be interpreted by the judiciary rather than politicians

playwiththewind1st

Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on November 11, 2019, 10:27:24 AM

Only good thing is that it should in theory be a very short broadcast.

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: playwiththewind1st on November 11, 2019, 11:54:11 AM
Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on November 11, 2019, 10:27:24 AM

Only good thing is that it should in theory be a very short broadcast.

;D
Micky Brady, honestly I cant even get a picture of him in my head, and I am not saying that for effect.
Begley, mmm naw I really don't rate her or know of anything she has done. Seems nice, but robot talk all the time.
Francie, I thought he had retired. Expect him to be down the local in the corner talking shite.
Maskey, he is bald I think.
Gildernew. I like her.
Hazzard-he is on twitter now talking about Bolivia, the new Maduro feck up fro SF. Anything to appear lefty
Elisha Dolittle-Clean useless. Great that she managed to brave the rain this week. What a hero. I could stick the knife into her in so many ways but I think most people in Derry know it all already, voter fraud the latest

screenexile

Farage has fucked it then!!!! All hail king Boris!

yellowcard

Farage just announced that he is stepping down candidates in Tory constituencies, big boost to Boris Johnson and all Brexiteers.

imtommygunn

He was always going to. A coward who thinks he's important and is no more than a stain on society.

Boris is clearly going to win this election. I would be very happy to be wrong but I doubt I am going to be.

yellowcard

Quote from: imtommygunn on November 11, 2019, 12:24:53 PM
He was always going to. A coward who thinks he's important and is no more than a stain on society.

Boris is clearly going to win this election. I would be very happy to be wrong but I doubt I am going to be.

It looks very much like it now. I think the thought of Corbyn in 10 Downing Street (he had started the campaign off well) helped make this his decision for him. Surely even Johnson can't fcuk it up from here. 

imtommygunn

I wonder would there be any chance of impeaching Boris at any stage. He'd definitely be a candidate for it.

smelmoth

Quote from: yellowcard on November 11, 2019, 12:23:33 PM
Farage just announced that he is stepping down candidates in Tory constituencies, big boost to Boris Johnson and all Brexiteers.

A big help to BoJo in fending off Labour and specifically LD. Not much help to him in the seats he wants to win to get a majority and or offset any he loses. Makes it easier for Labour to to say if you can't stomach voting Tory don't vote Brexit- they are one and the same.

Ambrose

Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on November 11, 2019, 12:06:11 PM
Micky Brady, honestly I cant even get a picture of him in my head, and I am not saying that for effect.

Anti-republican, anti hunger striker, typical modern day Shinner. Lifelong member of the Workers Party and senior member of the 'Officials' in Newry.
Ran a successful welfare advice centre in Newry and managed to increase the SF vote at the last Westminster election.
You can't live off history and tradition forever