The Horse racing thread

Started by maddog, December 19, 2006, 03:02:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mickey Linden

Ground could be interesting factor has it hasnt come up soft at the festival in a long time. Does it mean tho that form of irish horses could hold up better as they have been running on soft all year? Some seriously short price horses this year but like evrery other year they wont win

Avondhu star

Heard a bit of talk about Mal Dini on Tuesday andcheck out what Derek O Connor is on in that race.
Bookies could be paying each way on first six
Lee Harvey Oswald , your country needs you

Don Johnson

Quote from: Mickey Linden on March 10, 2018, 08:05:59 PM
Ground could be interesting factor has it hasnt come up soft at the festival in a long time. Does it mean tho that form of irish horses could hold up better as they have been running on soft all year? Some seriously short price horses this year but like evrery other year they wont win

Will be opposing the majority of the short priced favouites bar Footpad.

RealSpiritof98

Have a few anti's that are exactly getting there, but the multiple declarations has ruined anti post betting. Not a bad week to be working in the industry but spare a thought for us that hAve to do 4 Cheltenham days then paddys day on Saturday.

Frank_The_Tank

Anyone any tips for the week - I remember a few years ago someone posted a word document of selections for each race for the week on here and followed it and it was really useful
Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience

Hound

Interesting article by Malachy Clerkin in the Irish Times today about a lad called Tony O'Reilly (not "the" TOR!) who started betting through a €50 PP voucher he got as a present, and his first ever bet was for for €1. His first deposit was €10 and he split that between the next 4 Liverpool matches (all on Michael Owen to score first!).

But he gradually got well into it, betting on horses, soccer and a host of other sports, but almost always doing research on his bets rather than just firing on anything. Doesn't say how long he was at it, but his PP winning returns were €9 million. Only problem was he staked €10.4 million and robbed the balance from the Post Office (where he worked), and this was how he was caught.

Targetman

I heard him talking to Darcy on the radio last week, he has a book out called Tony 10, all about his addiction to gambling and contemplating suicide, he spent 3 years in prison but works now as a counsellor, he had £450,000 in his PP account one day and lost it all in 12 hours!

Hound

Tempted to go big on Faugheen at 6/1 e/w.
Barring a mishap, I think he's a lock to beat all bar Buveur. If you could depend on Ruby to keep pushing him hard if he realises he can't beat Buveur

Milltown Row2

Ok so the horses I'm losing my money on today are

Faugheen
Summervile boy
Coo star sivola

each bet and straight treble

good luck everyone
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

screenexile

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 13, 2018, 12:48:56 PM
Ok so the horses I'm losing my money on today are

Faugheen
Summervile boy
Coo star sivola

each bet and straight treble

good luck everyone

Nice!!!

screenexile

What kind of voodoo shit are you on MR2 a 5/1 & 9/1 winner already??!! Fair play!

That's all great but if Faugheen beats Beuver Dair I may not go home tonight :(

Milltown Row2

Quote from: screenexile on March 13, 2018, 03:01:33 PM
What kind of voodoo shit are you on MR2 a 5/1 & 9/1 winner already??!! Fair play!

I'm hoping it does win as i might not come in the rest of the week!!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Hound

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 13, 2018, 03:04:16 PM
Quote from: screenexile on March 13, 2018, 03:01:33 PM

I'm hoping it does win as i might not come in the rest of the week!!
Was coming into congratulate as I thought the treble was Footpad rather than Faugheen. Hopefully Faugheen comes through, although Ricci's two in the first ran very poorly.

Milltown Row2