Coffee machine

Started by redzone, January 17, 2021, 09:00:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

redzone

Any good recommendations for a decent coffee machine. Money isn't a problem because il save it in a year. Spending a minimum of a tenner a week, sometimes twenty thas last year

gallsman

Quote from: redzone on January 17, 2021, 09:00:24 PM
Any good recommendations for a decent coffee machine. Money isn't a problem because il save it in a year. Spending a minimum of a tenner a week, sometimes twenty thas last year

A mate has just bought the Sage Barista Touch. It's the absolute business.

Tony Baloney

Sage Barista Express. You can spend more for Touch or Oracle for the gadgets, but can't imagine the coffee will taste different albeit I'm sure they introduce a bit more automation to the process. Know a few people with them and say they're the business.

thewobbler

If you like coffee by the gallon I'd recommend getting a moka stove top pot.

Makes your kitchen smell great and the coffee is better than any capsule.

Jell 0 Biafra

Just buy a french press for a few quid, and it's as handy as making tea from tea bags.

OgraAnDun

Sage Bambino Plus, along with the Sage grinder. Not having to manually steam the milk is great.

lfdown2

Quote from: Tony Baloney on January 17, 2021, 09:20:01 PM
Sage Barista Express. You can spend more for Touch or Oracle for the gadgets, but can't imagine the coffee will taste different albeit I'm sure they introduce a bit more automation to the process. Know a few people with them and say they're the business.

Have one of these, have it about 5 years now, great job - but, I thought I wanted a good coffee machine but in reality I know fek all about good coffee and would have probably gotten as much from a decent nespresso type machine, just worth considering how much of a coffee connoisseur you really are, as I had ideas above my station!

Milltown Row2

Can't get into coffee at all, just a taste that I can't get on with..

Like the idea of 'going for coffee' but end up with a cup of tea!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Orior

There is one in my work which has not been used since March last year.

All we need is a a crow bar, a few spanners and a low-loader.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

general

Bought myself a De'Longhi Coffee Machine - after a recommendation from a co worker

Espresso/Double
Small Coffee/Large Coffee
Milk Frother

Think its the bees knees, I trial different types of coffee beans each week, could spend £10 on 1kg of Beans, do in and around 2-3 weeks. Its a great job, dont know why i didnt get one before now. Worth every penny - used to stop and get a coffee most mornings, absolute muck. Have a good travel mug.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/DeLonghi-Automatic-Coffee-Machine-ECAM22-110-B/dp/B00400OMU0/ref=sr_1_2?crid=1Q5RMN447Z7UJ&dchild=1&keywords=delonghi+magnifica+esam4200.s&qid=1606654692&sprefix=de+longhi%2Caps%2C165&sr=8-2

JimStynes

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 18, 2021, 09:09:38 AM
Can't get into coffee at all, just a taste that I can't get on with..

Like the idea of 'going for coffee' but end up with a cup of tea!

Same as me. I like the idea of it but I just don't like hot drinks.

bennydorano

I've only really got into Coffee in the past few years (Cyclists are awful awful wankers about Coffee), you really don't be long spunking a lot of money on them on a daily basis, an Americano and my daily newspapers were regularly costing me £30-£40 p/w. For the New Year I've cut back and started buying those boxes of Lattes/Caupucinnos, does the job - but I'm not a fully fledged Coffee w**ker.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: bennydorano on January 18, 2021, 11:29:13 AM
I've only really got into Coffee in the past few years (Cyclists are awful awful wankers about Coffee), you really don't be long spunking a lot of money on them on a daily basis, an Americano and my daily newspapers were regularly costing me £30-£40 p/w. For the New Year I've cut back and started buying those boxes of Lattes/Caupucinnos, does the job - but I'm not a fully fledged Coffee w**ker.

For me a cuppa tea is bliss, I'm resisting the chocolate this month, difficult especially when I've been flat out on chocolate over xmas!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

JimStynes

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 18, 2021, 11:39:47 AM

For me a cuppa tea is bliss, I'm resisting the chocolate this month, difficult especially when I've been flat out on chocolate over xmas!

I heard that referees have to wear a player fit jersey from now on too!!

Milltown Row2

Quote from: JimStynes on January 18, 2021, 11:44:55 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 18, 2021, 11:39:47 AM

I heard that referees have to wear a player fit jersey from now on too!!

Back in training, after a spell off with a damaged knee (wear/tear) never had beer belly before so its an interesting challenge