Tyrone County Football and Hurling

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, April 01, 2007, 05:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Under Lights

Quote from: viperhiggins on August 04, 2021, 06:52:14 AM
11 days out from probably the biggest game for Tyrone since the '08 final.

What about the all Ireland final in 2018

viperhiggins

Quote from: Under Lights on August 04, 2021, 07:54:00 AM

Darren McCurry wasn't cooking the country up that year... I have faith in big Dazzler :-* :-* :-*

tyrone08

2018 was strange as no one expected anything other than a Dublin win. Ironically tyrone done very well for the first 15 mins but once Dublin for the goal around the 20 min mark it was game over. I still have the image of tryone being down by about 4-6 points in the 2nd half with all Tyrone players in their own half bar Colm Cavanagh standing on the half way line willing tyrone to push forward to no avail.

trailer

Quote from: tyrone08 on August 04, 2021, 09:12:59 AM

2018 was strange as no one expected anything other than a Dublin win. Ironically tyrone done very well for the first 15 mins but once Dublin for the goal around the 20 min mark it was game over. I still have the image of tryone being down by about 4-6 points in the 2nd half with all Tyrone players in their own half bar Colm Cavanagh standing on the half way line willing tyrone to push forward to no avail.

The game changed on a poor kickout from Morgan. Dublin goaled and the match was over. That's the reality, one mistake and you are finished.

Jim Bob

Yes and the one man who came out and thumped the ball into the Dublin area was Morgan   It what was needed at that time and he obviously was frustrated his teammates lack of urgency

tyrone08

Quote from: Jim Bob on August 04, 2021, 09:45:04 AM

Yes and the one man who came out and thumped the ball into the Dublin area was Morgan   It what was needed at that time and he obviously was frustrated his teammates lack of urgency

Yip. When tyrone did pump the ball in colm I think scored 1-1 from it. Tyrone didn't do it enough. For me that was ehe I I decided mickey needed to go. Poor negative game plan, defending a loss is ridiculous. If you are losing in the final 15 mins you may as well go all out attack. Getting beat by 1 point or 16 points is still the same

viperhiggins

Quote from: tyrone08 on August 04, 2021, 10:01:49 AM
Quote from: Jim Bob on August 04, 2021, 09:45:04 AM

Agreed. Harte seemed to have lost that "all or nothing" tool from his arsenal in his later years. It was almost like his courage dwindled with every passing year.

Yip. When tyrone did pump the ball in colm I think scored 1-1 from it. Tyrone didn't do it enough. For me that was ehe I I decided mickey needed to go. Poor negative game plan, defending a loss is ridiculous. If you are losing in the final 15 mins you may as well go all out attack. Getting beat by 1 point or 16 points is still the same

RedHand88

Tyrone went from 8 points down to 4 when the switch was made. If only it was made sooner...

Under Lights

Hearing more players tested positive for covid since the Monaghan game

bigtogs

Quote from: Under Lights on August 04, 2021, 09:39:28 PM

Coalisland and surrounding area is rife with it atm...

tyrone08

Quote from: Under Lights on August 04, 2021, 09:39:28 PM

Any ideas who? If it was recently they should be OK to play from a self isolating point of view but if they are unwell then they may not be fit for it.

the goal was on

Hearing there were many more who had tested positive before the Monaghan game ! Tyrone were down to bare bones in training ! Post match celebrations can't have helped situation though hard to avoid

redzone

That's complete crap. To come on here and say that players tested positive before the game and played on is bullshit. It's fellas like you that drag the County through the mud

trueblue1234

Quote from: the goal was on on August 04, 2021, 10:49:36 PM
Hearing there were many more who had tested positive before the Monaghan game ! Tyrone were down to bare bones in training ! Post match celebrations can't have helped situation though hard to avoid

I heard McGeary had his positive test result written on his arm and kept showing it to the Monaghan players.
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

Snapchap

Quote from: trueblue1234 on August 05, 2021, 10:45:51 AM
Quote from: the goal was on on August 04, 2021, 10:49:36 PM

I heard McGeary had his positive test result written on his arm and kept showing it to the Monaghan players.

Well if an anonymous contributor on a web forum heard it from another anonymous source, I suppose it must be true then.