Official Monaghan GAA Thread

Started by GrandMasterFlash, February 02, 2007, 08:42:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

thebandit

I think the fixtures were announced at Monday night's Co board meeting - any word?

Mid Mon

Think we have Drumhowan in d first league game. not sure when it is though.

thebandit

I know 4th March is the start date, but dunno any fixtures

thebandit

Just heard that the fixtures are to be finalised tonight .... but that they wont be made public for at least a week.

That means we'll only find out who we're playing a week before the first game  ::)

Mid Mon

GrandMasterFlash

Doohamlet lost at the weekend according to a poster on the HS.

charlie linkbox

GrandMasterFlash

My Native club is Killeevan Sarsfileds Charlie but I've been livin in Belshaft this 14yrs. I played a bit 2 year ago with Carryduff. And yoursel?

GrandMasterFlash

I suppose you're anticipating the mouth-watering first round of the club c'ship then Charlie! I think I'm gonna have to head to that one mesel with all the hype about it... :)

charlie linkbox

Quote from: GrandMasterFlash on February 21, 2007, 06:11:23 PM
I suppose you're anticipating the mouth-watering first round of the club c'ship then Charlie! I think I'm gonna have to head to that one mesel with all the hype about it... :)

Dead right GMF. It's been far too long since there's been a proper Truagh Emyvale championship tussle and those Emyvale ones need to be reminded that they're an inferior breed  ;).
Having said that, knowing the ineptitude of our County Board it'll probably be round November before it's played.

thebandit

Harte Peat Intermediate Football League  - V. Mc Aviney Cup
at 3 pm

Round 1  Sunday 4th March 2007 
Drumhowan v. Aghabog   
Corduff v. Sean Mc Dermotts   
Emyvale v. Tyholland   
Cremartin v. Truagh   
Monaghan Harps v. Rockcorry   

Gerry's Fresh Fruit & Veg Junior Football League - Dr. Ward Cup
Toome v. Eire Óg   
Killeevan v. Aughnamullen   
Oram v. Killanny   
Currin v. Blackhill   
Clones - Bye

Mid Mon

Good work bandit.

Thats a nice stiff one for us to get 2007 under way.

thebandit

Corduff and Seans should be a good game as well

Mid Mon

The loss of  Damien Larkin and Emmett McElvaney is a major disadvantage to seans who were very poor last year