Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MR99

Quote from: Hereiam on November 16, 2009, 10:09:36 AM
Can't see that building been built in that form. But I hope they don't just put up a square shed.

The T shape building is ridiculous and only the crows will be able to see the shape, I am sure huge savings could be made with a more orthodox and practical building, hopefully the dreamers in Club Tyrone will see sense on this one.  Personally I think the entire project is too ambitious and much more than is required and I am not in favour of every club having to pay.  Clubs have been told that they will not be able to book a pitch on it for their on use at any stage.  However, other delegates in my club voted in favour of paying and at the end of the day democracy rules.

ziggysego

The actual building isn't T shape, it's just marked with a T on the roof.
Testing Accessibility

Rois

Quote from: MR99 on November 16, 2009, 01:51:00 PM
I am not in favour of every club having to pay.  Clubs have been told that they will not be able to book a pitch on it for their on use at any stage. 

Can we put the contribution in context - say 50 clubs giving £5k over 5 years - total of £0.25m out of £6.5-odd million.  That's about 4% contribution by the clubs to the cost of the project. 

Just out of interest, who told the clubs that they can't book a pitch?  I hadn't realised plans had gone that far yet but would be interested to know if they have.  Genuine question.

Ziggy the building is a T-shape at the minute.  Hopefully not the final version - a marked T on the roof would be great, just make it a good old square or rectangle.

Quote from: MR99 on November 16, 2009, 01:51:00 PM

hopefully the dreamers in Club Tyrone will see sense on this one

You are obviously confused about Club Tyrone's role in this project.  There's a Garvaghey committee, you might want to look there before blaming the "dreamers".  The day Club Tyrone make decisions on the architectural shape of a building is the day we should all be scared for the future of the county!     

MR99

Just out of interest, who told the clubs that they can't book a pitch?  I hadn't realised plans had gone that far yet but would be interested to know if they have.  Genuine question.

[/quote]

The last county board meeting for the clubs said pitch wouldn't be available for use by individual clubs.

DCR

Quote from: omagh_gael on November 15, 2009, 10:06:55 PM
Quote from: bigfrank on November 15, 2009, 09:12:59 PM
Some of the players that trialed today for sure

mark donnelly
martin mc keown
ronan mc nabb
shane mallon
aiden mc elroy
kyle coney
niall mc kenna
peter hughes
gavin teague was there but injured so didnt play
peter harte
ciaran mc ginley
colly harkin
matty donnelly

According to these lads It seemed that Martin Mc Keown was very unlikely to take any part in the county set-up. Anyone from round ardboe know the story here that he did attend county trials?
http://gaaboard.com/board/index.php?topic=12.14835

Despite the fact that Marty McKeown had previously refused invitations to attend Minor and U21 trials he did attend yesterday along with John McConville Gavin Teague and Kyle Coney. I understand that Brian and Tommy McGuigan were there as well. Hear that his team mates were a big influence on his decision to attend. Marty is a very quiet and shy person.  Hear as well that he performed very well - it will be interesting to see how it all develops

Rois

Quote from: MR99 on November 16, 2009, 05:51:28 PM

The last county board meeting for the clubs said pitch wouldn't be available for use by individual clubs.

Thanks.

tyrone86

Quote from: littleoak on November 16, 2009, 12:48:00 PM

tyrone 86 I am starting to suspect your real identity ............Pat Darcy? ;D

Ouch! I've been accused of being several people on this, but that one hurts  :-[

Lamh Dhearg Alba

Quote from: DCR on November 16, 2009, 07:03:58 PM

Despite the fact that Marty McKeown had previously refused invitations to attend Minor and U21 trials he did attend yesterday along with John McConville Gavin Teague and Kyle Coney. I understand that Brian and Tommy McGuigan were there as well. Hear that his team mates were a big influence on his decision to attend. Marty is a very quiet and shy person.  Hear as well that he performed very well - it will be interesting to see how it all develops

What age is McKeown?

ziggysego

Quote from: tyrone86 on November 16, 2009, 09:42:03 PM
Quote from: littleoak on November 16, 2009, 12:48:00 PM

tyrone 86 I am starting to suspect your real identity ............Pat Darcy? ;D

Ouch! I've been accused of being several people on this, but that one hurts  :-[

I still reckon I'm right  :P
Testing Accessibility

orangeman

Quote from: Lamh Dhearg Alba on November 16, 2009, 09:57:20 PM
Quote from: DCR on November 16, 2009, 07:03:58 PM

What age is McKeown?

usa07

does any one know what dromore lads were at the trials??

tyroneman

Anyone at the cookstown game? Who played well? Mulgrew and mugsy? Anyone else look the pArt?

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: usa07 on November 17, 2009, 01:42:30 AM
does any one know what dromore lads were at the trials??

Ronan Mc Nabb, and Eoin Mc Cusker.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

Quarterback

Quote from: tyroneman on November 17, 2009, 10:51:57 AM
Anyone at the cookstown game? Who played well? Mulgrew and mugsy? Anyone else look the pArt?

Was down at the game my self.  Great match with cookstown not lieing down...For me Barry Mulligan was the star of the show...his distribution is awesome...Similar player to mulgrew.

DCR

Quote from: Quarterback on November 17, 2009, 12:23:17 PM
Quote from: tyroneman on November 17, 2009, 10:51:57 AM

Was down at the game my self.  Great match with cookstown not lieing down...For me Barry Mulligan was the star of the show...his distribution is awesome...Similar player to mulgrew.

Was a great Co Minor a few years back but has been out of the limelight since.