Clare v Mayo Round 3A Qualifier

Started by From the Bunker, July 03, 2017, 09:19:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lar Naparka

Quote from: Taylor on July 10, 2017, 10:29:53 AM
Quote from: Gael85 on July 10, 2017, 09:38:19 AM
Quote from: Taylor on July 10, 2017, 08:27:25 AM
Anyone have a link or a GIF od the Harrison incident?

It cant have been that bad?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zgv135Ee9Vc

Cheers.

I stand corrected. Incredibly stupid & dangerous in equal measures
I have to agree. Dunno what came over Harrison. He's normally a fairly level-headed player. I saw nothing in the lead up to the incident that should have provoked that tackle so I can't say why he reacted in that way.
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

thewobbler

I've no problems with Harrison here.

If two players are happy to engage in a gun show, then both have to understand that one might have bigger guns. It looked worse than it was.

Taylor

Quote from: thewobbler on July 10, 2017, 10:46:37 AM

If two players are happy to engage in a gun show, then both have to understand that one might have bigger guns. It looked worse than it was.

Bigger guns??
He body slammed someone that had him in a headlock FFS - stupidity of the highest order.

The body slam naturally could have hurt the Clare lad but he could easily have had his own neck snapped.

INDIANA

No worries. If he ended up in a wheelchair he can console himself that his guns  just weren't big enough
What sort of a moron are you ?

rosnarun

I thought Harrison was definitely a red card . but the ref saw it and decided it wasn't. so I was wrong . so move along nothing to see here
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

INDIANA

Quote from: rosnarun on July 10, 2017, 11:26:32 AM
I thought Harrison was definitely a red card . but the ref saw it and decided it wasn't. so I was wrong . so move along nothing to see here

Just another poor refereeing performance .

Ballaghman

Quote from: Taylor on July 10, 2017, 10:52:37 AM

Bigger guns??
He body slammed someone that had him in a headlock FFS - stupidity of the highest order.

The body slam naturally could have hurt the Clare lad but he could easily have had his own neck snapped.
That's what I was getting at. Watching it in real time My first thought was he's going to injure his own neck. He risked far more injury to himself than the other lad. He wanted to get out of the headlock but it was a reckless and stupid way to do so, that I can totally agree with. The Clare lad was acting the maggot and was the instigator (constantly for a few mins off the ball before that) and he took on a stronger guy. As I said earlier,  what Harrison did was over the top but it has been dealt with. Both lads could have gotten a red, didn't think the black card was supposed to be used for incidents like that but there you go. The ref was happy with the action he took.
Mossie highlighting the COC incident was just sad and pathetic. COC has done plenty in the past but there was nothing in that incident. Embarrassing stuff from Quinn really. A Kerryman would have waited for the right moment to pull a stunt like that. If we continue to improve and are due to play Kerry, I expect 'analysis' like that in due course.
Our lads have to get smarter though. That game was over and both Harrison and Boyle risked getting sent off. AOS is a great example of constantly getting riled and harassed but never taking the bait, many could learn from him.

Halfquarter

Even after both players hit the ground together , Harrison head first, the Clare lad still had Harrison in a headlock.
Not sure that it is as onesided as some make out.

thewobbler

Quote from: Halfquarter on July 10, 2017, 02:19:48 PM

Even after both players hit the ground together , Harrison head first, the Clare lad still had Harrison in a headlock.

No it wasn't. It was wrestling. Not is it the most strategic of pursuits. You grab, you shove, you pull. If he doesn't let up, how your opponent fares isn't going to be a concern.

Taylor

Quote from: thewobbler on July 10, 2017, 02:37:09 PM

No it wasn't. It was wrestling. Not is it the most strategic of pursuits. You grab, you shove, you pull. If he doesn't let up, how your opponent fares isn't going to be a concern.

But you should have enough cop on to know not to do something that could be life changing for yourself?

thewobbler

Quote from: Taylor on July 10, 2017, 02:39:24 PM
Quote from: thewobbler on July 10, 2017, 02:37:09 PM

But you should have enough cop on to know not to do something that could be life changing for yourself?

I know in these days of freeze frame technology, a dozen camera angles, and a thousand opinions it's easy to get confused. But we aren't computers, and we rely on instinct, not 10,000 calculations per second.

Given the choice between being dumped in the ground by Brendan Harrison or being shoulder charged at full tilt by Aidan O'Shea, I'd probably take the former. Just my opinion.

But hi it looks like we need to villify everything in the game these days. It annoys me greatly, but carry on.

mayo.mick

mayo for sam-don't ask me what year! :-)
https://michaelmaye.com/mayo-gaa-photos/
@mayo_mick

Captain Obvious

Quote from: Ballaghman on July 10, 2017, 11:51:09 AM

Mossie highlighting the COC incident was just sad and pathetic. COC has done plenty in the past but there was nothing in that incident. Embarrassing stuff from Quinn really.
I'm just after seeing what O Connor did now. Nothing in that incident? Cillian O Connor should miss the Cork game if the rules are applied here or maybe he will get lucky and this incident will be ignored.

Tubberman

Quote from: Captain Obvious on July 11, 2017, 02:06:55 PM
Quote from: Ballaghman on July 10, 2017, 11:51:09 AM

Mossie highlighting the COC incident was just sad and pathetic. COC has done plenty in the past but there was nothing in that incident. Embarrassing stuff from Quinn really.
I'm just after seeing what O Connor did now. Nothing in that incident? Cillian O Connor should miss the Cork game if the rules are applied here or maybe he will get lucky and this incident will be ignored.

You mean when he was being held by 2 Clare players and the 3rd came in and shouldered him into the chest, and O'Connor shoved him away?
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

Cunny Funt

TBH C O Connor will be lucky if he avoids suspension looking at that.