DUBLIN TEAM JOKES!

Started by Gaffer, August 26, 2008, 12:52:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gaffer

> > What do you say to a dub on All Ireland Final Day?
      Two hotdogs please

What's the difference between a Dublin GAA jersey and a school uniform??
You can see school uniforms in September.

What's Navy & Blue and goes beep beep beep?
The Dublin open top bus  reversing back into the garage.

How do you get rich in Dublin ??
Save to see Dublin in the All-Ireland Final

What Dublin 's national anthem?
What's another year!

What do you call a Dublin man with an all Ireland medal?
An antique dealer

Osama Bin Laden released a video statement on August 25th, and to prove he
was alive said that ' Dublin football were crap last Saturday week'.
The Irish government dismissed it, stating it could have been recorded anytime
in the last 10 years.

The Dublin goalie, Cluxton,  is under arrest and has been charged with theft. The
burglary took place between 4.00pm and 5.30pm last Saturday week, during which
the suspect cannot account for his whereabouts.

> Oxo are releasing a new type of cube in recognition ofthe Dublin footballers season.     
It call 'Laughing Stock'
"Well ! Well ! Well !  If it ain't the Smoker !!!"

dodgy umpire

The Boys in Red and Black are back

Gnevin

Quote from: Gaffer on August 26, 2008, 12:52:48 AM

What's Navy & Blue and goes beep beep beep?
The Dublin open top bus  reversing back into the garage.

;D ;D

31 V 1 or what!
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

orangeman

The old ones are best - must say I thought the Bin Laden joke was good !  ;D ;D

Maiden1

It was mid-way through the championship season and Pillar decided to get the team together and go back to absolute basics. Picking up a football, he said,

"Right, lads, what I have in my hands is called a football, and the object of the game is..."

"Hang on a minute," came a shout from the Dublin forwards "you're going too fast."
There are no proofs, only opinions.

David McKeown

This one from 2006 is probably my favourite

Apparently there only selling Sprite to the Dublin players anymore because 7 up isnt good enough for them.

No doubt an old one but i hadnt heard it till after the Mayo game
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

feetofflames

c**k ups and Muscles - The Dublin GAA annual 2008. 
Chief Wiggum

heffo

Quote from: orangeman on August 26, 2008, 12:22:25 PM
The old ones are best - must say I thought the Bin Laden joke was good !  ;D ;D

Topical too.

comethekingdom

An Oldie :

Paul Caffrey was arrested last night after vandalising a cigarette machine,
he replied by saying he was in a bad way for 20 players!!

Son_of_Sam

A primary teacher starts a new job at a school in Boyle County Roscommon and, trying to make a good impression on her first day, explains to her class that she is a Roscommon fan.

She asks her students to raise their hands if they, too, are Roscommon fans. Everyone in the class raises their hand except one little girl.

The teacher looks at the girl with surprise and says: "Mary, why didn't you raise your hand?"

"Because I'm not a Roscommon fan," she replied.

The teacher, still shocked, asked: "Well, if you're not a Roscommon fan, then who are you a fan of?"

"I'm a Mayo fan, and proud of it," Mary replied.

The teacher could not believe her ears. "Mary, why, pray tell, are you a Mayo fan?"

"Because my Mum is from Castlebar and my Dad is from Westport, and my mum is a Mayo fan and my dad is a Mayo fan, so I'm a Mayo fan too!"

"Well," said the teacher, in a obviously annoyed tone, "that's no reason for you to be a Mayo fan. You don't have to be just like your parents all of the time. What if your mum was a prostitute and your dad was a drug addict who robbed cars, what would you be then?" "Then," Mary smiled, "I'd be a Dublin fan."

Son_of_Sam

Knorr are bringing out a special navy and blue cooking cube - it's called Laughing Stock

ludermor

Its a bit rich for a Mayo fan to be makin jokes at another counties expense

Son_of_Sam

Quote from: ludermor on August 28, 2008, 08:32:30 AM
Its a bit rich for a Mayo fan to be makin jokes at another counties expense

A sure with Corks performance in last years All-Ireland & the Dubs this year its about time for a bit of a backlash  ;)

After all despite us losing 2 games it was only by a combined total of 2 against Galway & Tyrone.

Zapatista

Mickey Harte materminded the biggest destruction of a Pillar in Dublin since 1966.

Rub-a-dub-Dub

All  can say is - Cork V Kerry, the 2 counties with the largest number of club members in the country in an All Ireland semi final and only 28,000 people turn up! The jokes are funny but Its about time people realized that it is the Dublin Football supporters (who seem to pay more for their tickets for some reason) who keep the GAA afloat.

And don't give me the whole 'Croker on your doorstep' arguement, I travel from Galway for every game and meet my brother from Wexford and my friends living in Offaly and Westmeath.

Fact is that we are the real Dublin fans, not the media hyped junkies on the Hill. Sure why do I expect any county to not hate Dublin when the press ram this perception of the Dublin fan down your throat. Anyone on gaaboards.com know fans from Dublin do not hype up their team, it is the press and the GAA that do that.

I am just sick of the jibes, I am a real GAA fan and was at the Kerry V Galway game and a Kerry supporter asked me why I was there, sure wasn't I a Dub? it seems only 31 counties can have a real interest in GAA, anyone from Dublin is just on a band wagon!

End of rant!!