DICK v WOOLY

Started by trailer, July 24, 2018, 09:38:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

trailer

It's all a bit cringe tbh.

Scoring Zone

this whole thing is like watching two dwarfs fight - entertaining for the first 10 seconds then ye just feel sorry for them trying to get attention - just two irrelevant average ex county men looking to be heard - in a committee of some description in clerkins case ( Jarleth "scor" Burns Jr) and in Parkinsons case, Joe.ie and their laddish clickbait blog gives the loudest mouth a soapbox - unfortunately this seems to be the norm - Cavanagh, Brendan Deveney, Billy Joe Padden, Dessie Dolan, Gooch, David "as the man says" Brady - are all bland, irrelevant cliche ridden doses #rantover

Schkite

I do generally enjoy Wooly's podcast, even if the odd time he's a bit full of himself in thinking his opinion is right and assuming the others will agree with him. But generally a good listen.

But he comes across as a right arsehole on Twitter. Again, he makes some statements and gives his opinion on things, but don't dare disagree or he'll turn his nose up at you and try to make out like you're a clueless gobshite.

stephenite

Quote from: Scoring Zone on July 24, 2018, 09:36:45 PM
this whole thing is like watching two dwarfs fight - entertaining for the first 10 seconds then ye just feel sorry for them trying to get attention - just two irrelevant average ex county men looking to be heard - in a committee of some description in clerkins case ( Jarleth "scor" Burns Jr) and in Parkinsons case, Joe.ie and their laddish clickbait blog gives the loudest mouth a soapbox - unfortunately this seems to be the norm - Cavanagh, Brendan Deveney, Billy Joe Padden, Dessie Dolan, Gooch, David "as the man says" Brady - are all bland, irrelevant cliche ridden doses #rantover

+1

Main Street

Yet so many take the time  to  submit their protest, Is that called being "threadbaited"?
Some even surmising what must be Dick's ambitions in life.
'I heard the rumour that's doing the rounds from a source and if true then it sums up the man altogether´..... :D
'Based on a rumour, the man's a gobshíte'  ...  I think I heard that line on Father Ted.
The Ireland of the squinting windows lives on.

The Subbie

Quote from: Main Street on July 25, 2018, 12:46:30 AM
Yet so many take the time  to  submit their protest, Is that called being "threadbaited"?
'I heard the rumour that's doing the rounds from a source and if true then it sums up the man altogether´..... :D
'Based on a rumour, the man's a gobshíte'  ...  I think I heard that line on Father Ted.

So we have one person in Camp Dick.
Anyone else ????

NetNitrate

Quote from: The Subbie on July 25, 2018, 01:58:03 AM

Anyone else ????

It was a bit mean spirited of Parkinson. A lot of going to matches for a smaller county involves running into people who were there in the many bad days and the few good days of yesteryear. I thought that was the point and it is fine for the writer to set the stage and convey the experience and emotions. 1985 in particular was an amazing set of games. If we want deep analysis with data driven facts we'll get it elsewhere. Those tend to be dry pieces without emotion but serve a journalistic purpose. Colm spends a huge amount of time on his podcast talking about his personal experiences. Actually worse he often repeats the same stories. All the presenters then tend to parrot what the previous presenter just said. So if his criticism was because he feels he is doing a superior form of journalism, he is wide off the mark. The fact that he now has to give the end of his show to Paddy Power is even sadder still. No journalism worth it's salt would sell out like that.

cavanmaniac

There's a touch of contrivance and sneering about the laddish image Parkinson likes to carefully cultivate, while Dick seems a harmless enough Daniel O'Donnell/Mammy-pleasing throwback type. That's no justification for the former to be hounding every move the latter makes, as an attention-seeking ploy it's starting to look like tabloid hounding and seems in bad taste.

Schkite

Quote from: NetNitrate on July 25, 2018, 03:33:18 AM

Anyone else ????

It was a bit mean spirited of Parkinson. A lot of going to matches for a smaller county involves running into people who were there in the many bad days and the few good days of yesteryear. I thought that was the point and it is fine for the writer to set the stage and convey the experience and emotions. 1985 in particular was an amazing set of games. If we want deep analysis with data driven facts we'll get it elsewhere. Those tend to be dry pieces without emotion but serve a journalistic purpose. Colm spends a huge amount of time on his podcast talking about his personal experiences. Actually worse he often repeats the same stories. All the presenters then tend to parrot what the previous presenter just said. So if his criticism was because he feels he is doing a superior form of journalism, he is wide off the mark. The fact that he now has to give the end of his show to Paddy Power is even sadder still. No journalism worth it's salt would sell out like that.

Your problem there is thinking something affiliated with Joe.ie is a worthy level of journalism. That site is click bait shite at it's worst.

OgraAnDun

Quote from: Schkite on July 25, 2018, 08:02:52 AM
Quote from: NetNitrate on July 25, 2018, 03:33:18 AM

Anyone else ????

Your problem there is thinking something affiliated with Joe.ie is a worthy level of journalism. That site is click bait shite at it's worst.

The site is pure shite, but the podcast is alright.

ONeill

Nothing worse than a wooly dick.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Orchard park

Clerkin doing well for a lad who was kjiwb to tout his own all Ireland final tickets a few years ago

Jinxy

Big Dick is well able to stand up for himself.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

The Subbie

Quote from: Orchard park on July 25, 2018, 08:20:51 PM
Clerkin doing well for a lad who was kjiwb to tout his own all Ireland final tickets a few years ago

Obviously a key moment in the Fianna Fáil candidate recruitment teams decision that Dick was the man for them in Monaghan .
A true demonstration of the embodiment of some key Fianna Fáil core principals right there.

JimStynes

The GAA Hour is excellent and Parkinson is good craic on it. I'd much rather listen to the likes of him than some of dinosaurs on RTE. Stevie McDonnell and Cian Ward are excellent on it as well. By far the best GAA podcast going.