Match video file sharing.

Started by Last Man, April 17, 2018, 11:29:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Last Man

Anybody out there have a cheap and easy way of sharing HD match video footage on line to our senior squad members. Up until now we have been passing cd roms about or group viewing, hoping there's an easy solution. Don't mind paying a small bit for cloud storage if its easily accessible and the best way to do it. 
Any help would be appreciated.

Orchard park

can a private username protected youtube channel be created. Roscommon are doing something on those lines

Last Man

I'll have a root around in Youtube, cheers fella.

The Bearded One

Upload to Youtube as unlisted and bang out the link via whatsapp...it opens the video directly.

Any questions send me a DM.
It is what it is. Presumably.

Dinny Breen

Quote from: Last Man on April 17, 2018, 11:29:10 AM
Anybody out there have a cheap and easy way of sharing HD match video footage on line to our senior squad members. Up until now we have been passing cd roms about or group viewing, hoping there's an easy solution. Don't mind paying a small bit for cloud storage if its easily accessible and the best way to do it. 
Any help would be appreciated.

I use VimeoPro. Find it very good.
#newbridgeornowhere

Last Man

Cheers lads, that'll get me sorted one way or another.

The Bearded One

On this....

Sharing the full game is easy via the methods mentioned. Anyone any ideas for clipping and sharing the files? I used Windows Movie Maker (free version) to clip them but the file format isn't compatible to share with anyone or upload to YouTube.

Maiden1

Quote from: The Bearded One on April 19, 2018, 10:19:36 AM
On this....

Sharing the full game is easy via the methods mentioned. Anyone any ideas for clipping and sharing the files? I used Windows Movie Maker (free version) to clip them but the file format isn't compatible to share with anyone or upload to YouTube.

There are lots of free online sites to convert your wmv file to other formats that you can upload.

e.g.  https://convertio.co/wmv-mp4/
There are no proofs, only opinions.

The Bearded One

The problem is that because I use the free Windows Movie Maker software I can't save the project in any other format than a WLMP file...therefore I can't convert to mp4.

I may pay up £££

Croí na hÉireann

Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

Itchy

Get them all in a room and play the video. Whats the point in sending it to them? God knows 20/30 men will all draw different conclusions from watching the match back.

TheClutch

Quote from: The Bearded One on April 19, 2018, 11:13:08 AM
The problem is that because I use the free Windows Movie Maker software I can't save the project in any other format than a WLMP file...therefore I can't convert to mp4.

I may pay up £££

When using movie maker and you have your finished product; Click 'File' then 'Save Movie' then click recommended for this project. Then from the drop down menu select MP4. Simples
2017 Championship Prediction League Winner 8)

JoG2

Quote from: Itchy on April 20, 2018, 12:50:34 PM
Get them all in a room and play the video. Whats the point in sending it to them? God knows 20/30 men will all draw different conclusions from watching the match back.

We used YouTube / unlisted and sent via WhatsApp the evening or day after the game. Allows men to watch and discuss with group, then watch as a group after the next training session when management could focus on certain aspects that need work etc. Great job but fairly time consuming at the same time

Norf Tyrone

Probably a silly question. Our match videos are ~ 12g in size. Is there a way of compressing that before uploading to youtube. My BB is slow enough and it'll take forever to hoke it all up.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

shezam

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on April 30, 2018, 11:15:08 AM
Probably a silly question. Our match videos are ~ 12g in size. Is there a way of compressing that before uploading to youtube. My BB is slow enough and it'll take forever to hoke it all up.

Remove sound from video and compress using handbrake