Down v Roscommon Sunday 11th feb Hyde park

Started by Smurfy123, February 05, 2018, 06:21:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ardtole

I'd presume Harrisson is suspended for the roscommon game after getting a straight red v Cork.

OgraAnDun

Quote from: Cunny Funt on February 06, 2018, 01:55:30 AM
Quote from: OgraAnDun on February 05, 2018, 11:53:17 PM
Quote from: Cunny Funt on February 05, 2018, 08:48:04 PM
Watched the highlights tonight, Down were only 0-10 to 0-8 behind v Cork yesterday and looking competitive then a silly keeper error gave Cork a cushion of a 5 point lead and they only won by 6. Harrison will be big handful to the Roscommon full back line Cork at times had 3 men marking him.

Where were they on?

TG4

Thanks, was trying to find it on the player bur they only uploaded thee Div 1 games, hence I couldn't find it.

seafoid

Last year Down lost to the 2 promoted  teams in the first 2 rounds and were odds on for relegation. They played Meath in the 3rd round and Meath were heavily backed.
Down beat them and Meath ultimately stayed in D2 because of this result.
Down are a bit like the Offaly hurlers mid 90s. They can play when they feel like it. The question is can Ros be consistent week to week.

No1

Quote from: seafoid on February 06, 2018, 08:08:10 AM
Down are a bit like the Offaly hurlers mid 90s. They can play when they feel like it.

I think that is an insult to the Offaly hurlers of the mid 90s.  Roscommon will win pulling up. 

There is certainly potential in the county but leaving Newry on Sunday was extremely depressing.  Down reached an Ulster Final last year in spite of the management team.

seafoid

Ros are 2/5 on oddschecker.
Down aren't bad value at 5/2.

Kurtz

Quote from: Targetman on February 05, 2018, 10:05:34 PM
Having seen Down yesterday I can see only one outcome and that's a comfortable win for Roscommon, we really are struggling for scores and I fear a more physical Roscommon will dominate the game, hope I'm wrong!!

Ros should win
But Rossies have their own problems
Been weak in middle third for years now. get turned over by most teams out there
Good forwards though, and that should be the difference

slippery dodger

Quote from: OgraAnDun on February 06, 2018, 07:34:21 AM
Watched the highlights tonight, Down were only 0-10 to 0-8 behind v Cork yesterday and looking competitive then a silly keeper error gave Cork a cushion of a 5 point lead and they only won by 6. Harrison will be big handful to the Roscommon full back line Cork at times had 3 men marking him.

Where were they on?

TG4

Thanks, was trying to find it on the player bur they only uploaded thee Div 1 games, hence I couldn't find it.

They are the highlights of you still want to see them!
https://youtu.be/jRTFUxziAnY

No1

QuoteI think that is an insult to the Offaly hurlers of the mid 90s.  Roscommon will win pulling up. 

There is certainly potential in the county but leaving Newry on Sunday was extremely depressing.  Down reached an Ulster Final last year in spite of the management team.

Just shows what I know!! Super result for Down.

OgraAnDun

Quote from: slippery dodger on February 07, 2018, 05:14:43 AM
Quote from: OgraAnDun on February 06, 2018, 07:34:21 AM

Where were they on?

TG4

They are the highlights of you still want to see them!
https://youtu.be/jRTFUxziAnY

Thanks, I got them the next day on the TG4 player. Hopefully they had a camera at Hyde Park today.

Surprising win for Down, hopefully they beat Clare to secure safety in two weeks time and then you never know what might happen. Down can be woefully inconsistent however, and Clare are a decent side, so anything could happen.

Syferus

Down full value for the win. When Ian got his trademark rush of blood to the head we were always going to be playing a dicey game. Missing the penalty and Lennon's soccer shot just after we're the chances we had to get back into the game.

No where near good enough and I'm glad we have the Galway game to get some things sorted for the trip to Drogheda.