Author Topic: We need to talk about Cillian O'Connor  (Read 4243 times)

TheGreatest

• View Profile
Re: We need to talk about Cillian O'Connor
« Reply #15 on: February 12, 2018, 08:51:00 AM »
One of the dirtiest players in the game. Gets away with a lot, whinges when he doesn't get his way. Should banned for a long time. Could of caused serious injury. Don't rate him as a play, most of his scores are scraps in front of goal or frees.

Jinxy

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 12, 2018, 08:59:15 AM »
I think one of the reasons Cillian is so cranky most of the time is that he just doesn't have the pace to put any distance between himself and his opponent.
He always seems to be wrestling with defenders as he can't get away from them.
I'd imagine over the course of a game this amount of close contact leads to a lot of pent-up frustration and agitation.
He's a bit of a throw-back in that regard as it is pretty much a prerequisite in the modern game that if you are going to play in the inside line you need to be quick.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Farrandeelin

• Hey buckaroo! How are you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 12, 2018, 09:11:30 AM »
One of the dirtiest players in the game. Gets away with a lot, whinges when he doesn't get his way. Should banned for a long time. Could of caused serious injury. Don't rate him as a play, most of his scores are scraps in front of goal or frees.

I can imagine you writing a pure dirt bird and erasing it. That red was a long time coming to be honest.
The woman in red has the car parked on the slope.

TheGreatest

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 12, 2018, 10:17:34 AM »

I can imagine you writing a pure dirt bird and erasing it. That red was a long time coming to be honest.

Don't get what your trying to say to be honest.

I'm sure he's a nice bloke, but it was a long time coming, Perhaps its time to drop him from the team, he cant control his temper.

BennyCake

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 12, 2018, 10:20:49 AM »
COC highly frustrating player. Seems to stand up where stupid things are concerned but not there when it truly matters

Choker

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vtcy-WgTWbI

Yeah, see what I mean?!  ;D

Mayo4Sam14

• Mayo for sam
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 12, 2018, 10:26:08 AM »
Not going to lie, I canít stand him. Have noticed this stuff for a long time now. Even in the first half yesterday he got away with a dirty elbow.
You can forget about Sean Cavanagh as far as he's a man!

Mayo4Sam14

• Mayo for sam
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 12, 2018, 10:26:53 AM »
Also not sure how much he contributes anymore, not kicking frees like he used to.
You can forget about Sean Cavanagh as far as he's a man!

ashman

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 12, 2018, 10:28:47 AM »
Also not sure how much he contributes anymore, not kicking frees like he used to.

He is very average and if mayo want to go one better they need an upgrade on Cillian .

dublin7

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 12, 2018, 11:35:32 AM »

He is very average and if mayo want to go one better they need an upgrade on Cillian .

The problem for Mayo is that there is no one else. Andy Moran at 34 is their best forward and he will need to be replaced either the end of the season or next year at best

whitey

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 12, 2018, 11:54:22 AM »
I think one of the reasons Cillian is so cranky most of the time is that he just doesn't have the pace to put any distance between himself and his opponent.
He always seems to be wrestling with defenders as he can't get away from them.
I'd imagine over the course of a game this amount of close contact leads to a lot of pent-up frustration and agitation.
He's a bit of a throw-back in that regard as it is pretty much a prerequisite in the modern game that if you are going to play in the inside line you need to be quick.

I dont know how fast he ever to beging with was but the bulking up he did has definitely taken a few yards off his pace.  Hes also gotten dogs abuse for years, so I was happy to see him stand up for himself, but now he seems to have now taken it too far.

JoG2

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 12, 2018, 11:59:55 AM »
Not going to lie, I canít stand him. Have noticed this stuff for a long time now. Even in the first half yesterday he got away with a dirty elbow.

you'd prob think differently if you where a Mayo man

the very best free takers (eg himself and Dean Rock, who are the best around) are worth their weight in gold, especially with many free's occurring in or around the 45 metre line. COC gets dogs abuse from many defenders and bites back on occasion. He definitely overstepped the mark yesterday. Quality player

Hound

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 12, 2018, 12:49:49 PM »

the very best free takers (eg himself and Dean Rock, who are the best around) are worth their weight in gold, especially with many free's occurring in or around the 45 metre line. COC gets dogs abuse from many defenders and bites back on occasion. He definitely overstepped the mark yesterday. Quality player
Cillian's kicked a lot of big scores, and never hides when needed.
I think there's a case he's being getting his retaliation in early over the last couple of years, but that's for the refs and officials to deal with. Probably the straight red will be the lesson to reign it in just a little bit.

sligoman2

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 12, 2018, 12:52:55 PM »

Intentionally elbowing a defenseless player in the head is way more than overstepping the mart, he could have caused serious injury and should be banned for a decent amount of time.  There's no place in football for that type of mma crap ....
I used to be indecisive but now I'm not too sure.

Orchard park

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 12, 2018, 01:02:24 PM »

Intentionally elbowing a defenseless player in the head is way more than overstepping the mart, he could have caused serious injury and should be banned for a decent amount of time.  There's no place in football for that type of mma crap ....

at least refs wont have to listen to Cillian reffing it for them for a while now

seafoid

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 12, 2018, 01:13:21 PM »
Mayo should get an interpol search warrant for Larry ”g
 Finnerty and any other ethnic Mayo people living in the diaspora who can score points or ,even better , goals. One last push could swing it.
"you can try and intimidate us, but f**k youse, we're going to win an All-Ireland anyway"