Michael Lyster's imminent retirement

Started by T Fearon, January 28, 2018, 07:31:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

From the Bunker

Joanne Cantwell is the one. Knows her stuff. Not afraid to ask the hard questions.

Dara O Cinneide is a good presenter with great knowledge, but we have to many people on RTE and in the media from Kerry.

BennyCake

Michael seems a decent auld scud. Seen him do after dinner speaker once, very entertaining.

TSG needs a long term host. Someone for the long haul. You can't be changing hosts every time the wind changes. I mean, this isn't 'Countdown' we're talking about.

T Fearon

The heyday was the 1980s with the late Enda Colleran,decency,good honest analysis,with no personal insult or gratuitous offence given.

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

T Fearon

Comeback for Jerome Quinn,the voice of the GAA! 😂😂

Jinxy

If you were any use you'd be playing.

An Fhairche Abu

Quote from: From the Bunker on January 28, 2018, 08:25:13 PM
Joanne Cantwell is the one. Knows her stuff. Not afraid to ask the hard questions.

Dara O Cinneide is a good presenter with great knowledge, but we have to many people on RTE and in the media from Kerry.

A hundred times this, the Kerry mafia have enough in it already.

red hander

Quote from: T Fearon on January 28, 2018, 08:34:10 PM
The heyday was the 1980s with the late Enda Colleran,decency,good honest analysis,with no personal insult or gratuitous offence given.

The death thread hijacker citing 'gratuitous offence'  ::)

Duine Eile

You'd go far to meet a sounder man, an absolute gent, hope he has many years to enjoy his retirement after his health scares. Hopefully he won't be replaced by Des Cahill  :-\

imtommygunn

Quote from: Duine Eile on January 28, 2018, 09:47:28 PM
You'd go far to meet a sounder man, an absolute gent, hope he has many years to enjoy his retirement after his health scares. Hopefully he won't be replaced by Des Cahill  :-\

Jesus don't say that. Cahill does enough to ruin the evening show.

Nice guy. Tough gig these days controlling those muppets brolly and spillane but he does it well.

snoopdog

Targetman

Adrian Logan's just made for it, will get Mickey Harte back onside, naw maybe not!!

macdanger2

Quote from: Zulu on January 28, 2018, 07:55:52 PM
Dara O Cinneide.

He's excellent. Cantwell very good also.

Cahill is brutal. Personally I'm not a huge fan of Lyster but I wish him well in his retirement

From the Bunker

Quote from: macdanger2 on January 28, 2018, 11:45:06 PM
Quote from: Zulu on January 28, 2018, 07:55:52 PM
Dara O Cinneide.

He's excellent. Cantwell very good also.

Cahill is brutal. Personally I'm not a huge fan of Lyster but I wish him well in his retirement

Same here. Not a huge fan of Lyster. But it will be a sentimental moment when he signs off!