u15 transfer question

Started by Molly Dolly, January 22, 2018, 09:25:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BallyroanAbu

They can object not much they can do if it is an inter county transfer provided your address is in the other county.

Molly Dolly

well funny you say that our postal address is not the actual county we live in but rather the county he wants to transfer too. 

Itchy spot on. 

Itchy

Quote from: Molly Dolly on January 25, 2018, 04:06:32 PM
well funny you say that our postal address is not the actual county we live in but rather the county he wants to transfer too. 

Itchy spot on.

If you have an address in your new county and you live in that county then there are no grounds at all to prevent you transferring to the best of my knowledge. If your chairman is so thick that he objects to a kid wanting to play ball well it says a lot about him. Your transfer will go through. Only issue is if it gets delayed by false objection just to be contrary but sounds like he wont be playing with his new amalgamation anyway so delays wont make much difference. After that your other consideration is bad feeling between your family and people in your old club.

magpie seanie

Quote from: Itchy on January 25, 2018, 05:07:18 PM
Quote from: Molly Dolly on January 25, 2018, 04:06:32 PM

Itchy spot on.

If you have an address in your new county and you live in that county then there are no grounds at all to prevent you transferring to the best of my knowledge. If your chairman is so thick that he objects to a kid wanting to play ball well it says a lot about him. Your transfer will go through. Only issue is if it gets delayed by false objection just to be contrary but sounds like he wont be playing with his new amalgamation anyway so delays wont make much difference. After that your other consideration is bad feeling between your family and people in your old club.

I hope you're not in Connacht and the county you want to "leave" is Mayo.

Molly Dolly

No its a Leinster county.  Postally we're in one county which is where he wants to go too but geographically its the one we're playing in.  Irish borders, gotta lovem. 

I can understand rules is rules but at a kids level its all a bit mad.  Our county isn't troubling Croke Park in September in either code.  If it pees him off enough there are options.  He is a decent runner and has won county medals in community games and made it to the finals.  Also has good fun playing soccer which is offering up a trip abroad this year.  With all this fun gaa is starting to look less appealing. 

Itchy

If you have an address in the county you want to go to then your transfer will go through. Any objection is a nonsense.

AZOffaly

Quote from: Itchy on January 26, 2018, 04:56:43 PM
If you have an address in the county you want to go to then your transfer will go through. Any objection is a nonsense.

In fact if your address is the other county he may be illegal with the current club !😀