Fermanagh v Roscommon

Started by Shrewdness, July 06, 2015, 01:01:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Farrandeelin

Quote from: FermGael on July 08, 2015, 07:41:42 PM
Parking is usually grand if you stay away from the car park at the pitch which does not reopen until 15 minutes after the game is over.
If you park around the town and walk up its grand.
There is a car park beside the library which is a handy get away as well.

True. Is that a pay parking one though?
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

FermGael

I do not think it is on a Sunday.
Wanted.  Forwards to take frees.
Not fussy.  Any sort of ability will be considered

Shrewdness

In an interview with local print media, John Evans said that only Diarmuid Murtagh, of the injured players, is likely to have any involvment against Fermanagh.

Syferus

Quote from: Shrewdness on July 09, 2015, 09:46:36 PM
In an interview with local print media, John Evans said that only Diarmuid Murtagh, of the injured players, is likely to have any involvment against Fermanagh.

Said to the Herald that Senan might make the bench too. The others, Healy, Ward, Carty and Cathal Shine are out.

giveballaghback

Senan will make the bench, D Murtagh may not be risked again.

FermGael

Fermanagh unchanged

T. Treacy; M. Jones, T. Daly, N. Cassidy; D. McCusker, J. McMahon, M. O'Brien; E. Donnelly, R. O'Callaghan; B. Mulrone, R. Jones, D. Kelly; P. McCusker, S. Quigley, T. Corrigan.

Shrewdness

I read where one of the Fermanagh players missed the win over Antrim through suspension.. Is he still suspended or named on the bench?

FermGael

That would be Ryan McCluskey.
He's on the bench

DuffleKing

Quote from: FermGael on July 11, 2015, 12:25:17 PM
That would be Ryan McCluskey.
He's on the bench

Don't think anyone's swallowing that one...

ck

Rossies by 5 or 6. Can't believe the hype around Fermanagh. People saying they're "going well" and they're "on a good run". They've beaten Antrim twice. That's it! id say they'll get a rude awakening today

sligoman

Quote from: ck on July 12, 2015, 10:20:19 AM
Rossies by 5 or 6. Can't believe the hype around Fermanagh. People saying they're "going well" and they're "on a good run". They've beaten Antrim twice. That's it! id say they'll get a rude awakening today

You seem to have an issue with them for some reason, I haven't heard any hype on Fermanagh. They had a solid league and were promoted with a game to go, won their two matches with Antrim quite comfortably and lived with Monaghan for the guts of 60 minutes until a sending off turned matters. They have a handful of quality players and Pete McGrath seems to have them extremely well organised and full of confidence. I have a lot of work related dealings with Fermanagh people and they're happy and excited about the way the team's going at the minute, where's the hype in that? They have the smallest GAA pick in the country and will be playing Div 2 football next year and are competing today for a last 12 spot. I'm currently living in Leitrim and have been for over 10 years now which would have the next smallest GAA pick in the country and I'd know they'd be thrilled to be in Fermanagh's position.

I still think Roscommon should and will win, they have that extra bit of quality but Fermanagh seem like a much more known quantity and know what they're about compared to Roscommon who seem to have a bit of an identity crisis in the game they are trying to play. I think this one is open for a shock if Roscommon aren't at their best today.

Aaron Boone

Roscommon are a good division 1 team and have twice won the All-Ireland, so much better pedigree than Fermanagh.

Rossfan

Time to fill the flashkeen and pack the hang sangwedges, say a decade and head for darkest Fermanagh.
We won't get it easy today but if minds and bodies are right I'd expect us to be in Monday's draw.
Then again we have to be winning games like these if we hope to be joining the big boys down the road.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Shrewdness

In a preview of a couple of small paragraphs, today's Sunday Independent has tipped Fermanagh to beat Roscommon.

Shrewdness

Speculation that Conor Daly is out injured, and that Senan Kilbride and Diarmuid Murtagh won't play any part in today's game... Is this the day when all our injuries prove to be our undoing. Plenty of Rossies here.