Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

5 Sams

QuoteHe just needs the right supply.

Or club. ;) ;)
The Aristocrat Years

Brick Tamlin

just wondering, what are peoples thoughts on roughin up, whats deemed to be crossing the line and what is hard but fair etc. what way or how would we like to see our defenders marking this year without crossing "the line".
ideally what type of defence or personnel would people like to see tried and in what position etc, just defensively speaking now!

charlie stubbs

under 21's this weekend any thoughts rostrevor burren and clonduff play the stone

goldenyears

As far as I know, the following appointments have been made recently re: club senior football

aidan farrell / j austin - rostrevor
j mc comiskey - liatroim
jim mc corry - mayobridge
jp o'kane - saval

no one yet at castlewellan, bryansford?

Cloc Mor

Mc Corry back to Mayobridge?  Though they were glad to see the back of him (and his salary) several years ago when he took off Mickey Linden with a few minutes to go in the Ulster Final in Casement.

TORGAEL

If its true about McCorry being back at the bridge it's a strange one indeed, but then, money talks !

bridgegael

goldenyears...mccorry is not with the bridge. still on the lookout.  just out of intrest where did you hear that??
"2009 Gaaboard Cheltenham fantasy league winner"

goldenyears

heard it was between p o;rourke and mccorry, and that mccorry was the man. heard it in w'point from an ex county player...

Cloc Mor

Paul Mc Cartan is taking over at Shamrocks.

amallon

I don't think O'Rourke would take the Bridge job if it was offered to him.  I'd say he's the sort that wouldn't want to manage a team against his own club and fair play to him.  Would he be the right man for the Bridge thats another question.
Disclaimer: I am responsible for MY comments only.  I don't own this site.

redsky

The Bridge should really be looking beyond McCorry & O'Rourke. McCorry should never have been replaced when he was (think bridge would have had elusive ulster by now if they had kept him). However the vast majority of the bridge committee at the time couldn't wait to get rid of McCorry to get Mickey in; were some players at the time also were not happy with McCorry - the vast majority of this same disenting committee are still there, does McCorry have any issues with some of the current players??...McCorry would be on a hiding to nothing. Def not O'Rourke he has done nothing at either club or county management to give you any confidence. What about Ray Morgan, Paddy Tally, Barney McAleenan to name a few. Bridge need entire senior set-up replaced, new ideas, new faces etc if ulster/all-ireland is to come their way...some forget that the bridge team ave age taking Woods is about 25, there is no doubt that this team have the potential will win 4/5 more county titles at least.   

amallon

Redskey - Tally was approached but he has something lined up already.  According to the rumour mill anyway.

I don't think they got rid of McCorry to get Mickey in, Jackie McManus came in after McCorry.

Hope you are right about the 4-5 county titles though!

redsky

Forgot about McManus alright....where did he ever go to (and no I'm not suggesting the bridge make contact). I hear P McGrath is going to help out at Rostrevor.

amallon

I've no idea where McManus went to.  I haven't heard peep about him since he left the Bridge.

bridgegael

jackie mcmanus is now talking some rugby  team in belfast.   barney mac was asked three times before to take the bridge and wouldn take them,  i don't think they will ask him again.  it'll be intresting to see who is next manager.
"2009 Gaaboard Cheltenham fantasy league winner"