Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ardtole

He has been very impressive this season to date. Hard to imagine putting yourself through a winter pre season only to go after a few games. Unless it was something already planned.

County Star

Quote from: ardtole on February 16, 2023, 02:33:29 PM
He has been very impressive this season to date. Hard to imagine putting yourself through a winter pre season only to go after a few games. Unless it was something already planned.

Must be a planned trip. Hopefully back before end of the league or the championship

Smurfy123

Planned trip. He is back the the following week
A few changes expected

O Hare for Kane
McP for McCarthy
Poland for Donnelly

And I'd expect to see one of the Johnstones at some stage

Truth hurts

How many Johnstons and Brannigans have joined the panel?

Ed Hardy

Kane
Magill
McEvoy
Laverty
Francis
McParland
Rooney
Donnelly
Murdock
Collins
Miller
Kerr
Doherty
Havern
Gilmore

DuffGael

Smurfy123

I don't see Kane starting. Poor against Antrim and O Hare done well previous
Rory Burns has left the squad but was asked back so something not right
Any word how the under 20s done yesterday?
When does the minors start Jesus it's hard to get any information?
It's like everything is a secret

Ed Hardy

I think the u20s were beat by 4. Not a mention of the game on social media tho, most other counties naming their squads, Down don't even announce they have a  home game. Its like they don't want fans to turn up and support. Been like this for years, brutal compared to likes of Antrim or Tyrone on social media.

Ed Hardy

Brutal 1st half from Down, has to improve drastically in 2nd half in order to salvage 2pts from this game! MF getting cleaned out, and the 2 subs they've made haven't helped so far at all. Defence looks miles off it, big 35mins coming up

Nanderson

Bad, bad defensive performance from Down this afternoon. Its all well and good being able to score at one end but you can't be conceding 2-17 and 2-14 in games and expect to always get away with it. Eventually we have to let go of this idea of playing midfielders and forwards as defenders. Too many times Down players got turnt too easily by their opponent. Even midfield as good as they are on the ball really struggled to win any primary possession from either kick outs.

Also what was the craic with McCabe was a late change for Miller but miller seemed to be on very quickly and no mention of a sub from the commentary. Did he not start at all?

thebar

To be fair all I can say is Division 3 is a fair place for Down to be in. We are no worse but certainly no better than the teams there and would be serious effort to get out of the Division this year. Kudos to all for effort and structure, we are in a better position than last year but then that should be the least expected and maybe not as far forward as we had hoped.

skat man

alot of tinkering going on for not much end result , same last week where a load of changes made early which would mean the wrong team started . ohare must be injured cant understand it otherwise

Johnnysboys

Millar didn't start no - was replaced by Annett and Gerdy Collins replaced by McCormick.
Very poor display today even though we scored rightly. Are we any better off than last year where we played a higher division against better opposition all season? I'm not so sure. Westmeath, Offaly, Longford and Cavan remain. Will we get 8 points here - I can't see it.
5 Kilcoo players used today so we can't accuse them of not committing this year with 3 Johnston's back training too. Donnelly and McParland were poor and for gods sake could our supporters please learn the rules - it's embarrassing the amount of grown men who shout for a black card for every single tackle made against Down. Some of these men are in hefty positions within their clubs - you would think they might know the rules of the game.

urbangael

That was a massive blow to our promotion chances today. Arguably tougher games against West Meath and Cavan lie ahead so 2 points was a must today even to knock Fermanagh out of the race. Its seriously tight now and looking to sat night I'd say its a must win. Kane will know himself he f**ked up and that 2 games in a row where he's been at fault for goals. I don't understand why Ohare was dropped. Still no reliable free taker which is obviously gonna cost you. Serious opening 20 mins of the second half but not enough to win a game. Probably need to be on top for 40/45 mins. Need a big crowd and serious support come sat night. Keep the faith.