Seanie Johnston Switch and outside managers

Started by samwin08, January 18, 2012, 12:10:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

orangeman

Seanie will have to live with the decisions he has made.

He's made a fool of himself as past few years with club and county and instead of being remembered for his outstanding footballing ability he will most likely be remembered for the Straffan and the hurling and his lack of principle.

Let him be and I hope the media circus surrounding him now stops.

Syferus

Quote from: mylestheslasher on August 07, 2013, 08:55:27 AM
Seems Cavan Gaels would stoop to any low to win, even by allowing this guy back in their ranks. Well I suppose that is their perogative but I wish them no success, its a pity that they will probably be keeping one of their up and coming young players off the team.

I don't think SJ will be back playing for Cavan. Don't think he could swallow his pride to do that and I don't think anyone on the panel (bar a few) want him near it. This was always his plan, to use St Kevins for his own manipulation of the GAA to suit himself. Afterall, his original attempts was to stay with teh Gaels and play for Kildare and when he needed  the big bucks to take  this case and the Gaels wouldnt back him, he left them too. I presume everyone can now see he was never a resident of Straffan or Kildare.

However, I think he is making one big mistake. Leaving St Kevins after doing what he did and the hurling farce, surely even the most ardant Kildare fan will admit that none of this whoring of their clubs was worth it as he brought them nothing additional and they won nothing in his time. So what happens if McGeeney leaves now, SJ is playing in Cavan. Will the new manager want or need him - I doubt it.

Ah come off it. Johnston was with the club since he was a baby. He clearly never wanted to leave them in the first place. It's incredible sour grapes to be attacking a club for taking one of their own back.

armaghniac

QuoteAh come off it. Johnston was with the club since he was a baby. He clearly never wanted to leave them in the first place.

Why did he leave them in first place then?
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Syferus

Quote from: armaghniac on August 07, 2013, 11:50:10 AM
QuoteAh come off it. Johnston was with the club since he was a baby. He clearly never wanted to leave them in the first place.

Because of the enchanting Geeze and the big smoke in Newbridge, obviously. If he could have stayed put and played for Kikdare there's little doubt he'd have done it.

It's fair game attacking the original transfer but him returning to his original club? Nah.

Dont Matter

Just makes the flourbags more of a laughing stock than they already were.
'Dublin is not a national problem, it's a national opportunity.'
Peter Quinn

mylestheslasher

Quote from: Syferus on August 07, 2013, 12:01:17 PM
Quote from: armaghniac on August 07, 2013, 11:50:10 AM

Because of the enchanting Geeze and the big smoke in Newbridge, obviously. If he could have stayed put and played for Kikdare there's little doubt he'd have done it.

It's fair game attacking the original transfer but him returning to his original club? Nah.

Really, thats why he left? Wow I thought it was because he just wanted to play football and he was told he would never play for Cavan again etc etc. You are right he did want to stay put and play for Kildare but as you know that is clearly against the rules of the GAA. So he faced a choice between his Ego and his club and guess which won? Anyway it looks like he got what he wished in the end but as the saying goes be careful what you wish for as I think Seanie is going to get some abuse on the club scene (he is lucky Anthony Gaynor is suspended for a year!)

mylestheslasher

I'm not sure that even if he were committed and made up with the players/fans/management that he would add anything to our panel. His best days are behind him and the mass defence does not suit a player like him. Its too big of a risk to Cavan to let him in and possibly disrupt what is a very tight set-up.

heffo

There was an article in one of the Sunday papers quoting I think an ex-Cavan county Chairman who referred to 'cancerous' elements who were in the dressing room but are now gone - who was he referring to?

Dont Matter

Quote from: heffo on August 07, 2013, 02:14:21 PM
There was an article in one of the Sunday papers quoting I think an ex-Cavan county Chairman who referred to 'cancerous' elements who were in the dressing room but are now gone - who was he referring to?

Val Andrews I'd say.
'Dublin is not a national problem, it's a national opportunity.'
Peter Quinn

heffo

Quote from: Dont Matter on August 07, 2013, 02:32:17 PM
Quote from: heffo on August 07, 2013, 02:14:21 PM

Val Andrews I'd say.

You're such a cad. Witty to boot.

comeysfield

Word on the street up towards the top of the town is that SJ is looking for an apology of the Gaels for how they mishandled and mistreated him during the transfer saga. Anyway Joe O C would walk on coals to get him back so expect this major impasse will get sorted 

Itchy

Apology for what. Not wasting club members money on a case that was going to lose. Doesn't sound like he is coming back a reformed character. Can't see him ever playing for Cavan again.

From the Bunker

Quote from: Itchy on August 07, 2013, 07:52:09 PM
Apology for what. Not wasting club members money on a case that was going to lose. Doesn't sound like he is coming back a reformed character. Can't see him ever playing for Cavan again.

Cavan Senior team would be better off without him. To much baggage and unwanted attention. Seanie is the Past, And Cavan football should be all about the future.

Syferus

Quote from: From the Bunker on August 07, 2013, 08:13:58 PM
Quote from: Itchy on August 07, 2013, 07:52:09 PM

Cavan Senior team would be better off without him. To much baggage and unwanted attention. Seanie is the Past, And Cavan football should be all about the future.

You're only saying that 'cause ye couldn't manage the Thriller. Terry Hyland is a more wily man than Jamesy.

#bringseanieback

INDIANA

if cavan want to undo every bit of good done this year- then just invite him back