Seanie Johnston Switch and outside managers

Started by samwin08, January 18, 2012, 12:10:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Itchy

One thing that a lot of people don't realise is that Dunne works very hard. In not in SJ make up, I don't think Cavan need him anymore. He sure made a stupid decision leaving and there will be a queue of hard men in club football waiting to welcomed him back.

Jinxy

Seanie made his bed, now he has to drive to Straffan and lie in it.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

anglocelt39

Was only a matter of time before he ended up back at the Gaels I suppose. Would be an awful lot of bridges for him to cross before he would be considered for a re-entry to the Cavan senior panel. First he would have to knuckle down at a Cian Mackey rate with his club and shed the apparent individual/me fein streak. second the panel would want to be 100% behind him coming back in if he did prove himself worthy of it in a football sense. The positive thing is that we have a pile of young lads who are available and willing to play now as well as any number of 25 years plus blokes who should be looking at what Mackey and Flanagan are achieving this year and maybe pushing themselves forward for next year if they are so inclined. In short its not a case that we are  now begging Seanie or anybody else to tog out for the County, I'm confident those days are gone for the moment. I'd have great faith in Terry's ability to make the right call on Seanie.
Undefeated at the Polo Grounds

Donnellys Hollow

Quote from: All of a Sludden on July 24, 2013, 12:17:52 PM
Speculation is rife that Seanie Johnston will return to his home club Cavan Gaels in the coming weeks.

Johnston's transfer to Kildare last year dominated most of the headlines throughout the year, but the former Cavan captain eventually made the switch to the Lilywhites and linked up with club side St Kevin's.

Johnson missed out on the opening round of this year's Kildare SFC through injury and thus is eligible to make the switch back to his native club Cavan Gaels.

His return would be a huge boost to the former champions as they look to put in a strong bid for championship honours, having been knocked out at the quarterfinal stage by Killygarry last year.

There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

tommysmith

He blames Hyland for being dropped in the first place, whether he was just using that as a tool so not to do a U-turn after Andrews left is another thing.

Itchy

Quote from: tommysmith on July 24, 2013, 10:04:50 PM
He blames Hyland for being dropped in the first place, whether he was just using that as a tool so not to do a U-turn after Andrews left is another thing.

Does anyone care what he thinks at this stage anyway. He stuck up two fingers to Cavan Gaels, Cavan and the GAA to get what he wanted. He would want to beg forgiveness and even then as Anglo says the whole panel would want to be 100% behind him. I think there is zero chance of that given he togged out in Breffni against us. Im not sure he is even good enough anymore either. Best to leave him where he is and stick with the young lads as we have been doing very well this year.

Westside

I've no doubt he's still on very good terms with McKeever, Ronan Flanagan, Sheridan and Mackey but does anyone see the likes of Feargal Flanagan or McDermott or Gearoid welcoming him back in? Not a prayer. His days with Cavan are finished, for good. Too much baggage, too much media attention. If he comes back the best he can hope to achieve in his football career will be a shot at an Ulster Club title, and it's unlikely he'll get it.

Itchy

I recall Barry Reilly making some jokes on twitter about his loyalty. Since Barry was captain of one of our u21 teams I'd say his opinion would be typical of the young lads.
How is he going to survive club football though, I'm thinking he is going to get some abuse.

Westside

Watch the youtube footage of Kildare v Cavan last year and how the (usually placid and well mannered) McDermott reacts when Johnston scores the free, that'll tell you all you need to know.

I agree about the Club Itchy, do Cavan Gaels really want to give their opposition more motivation? They have an wealth of options and more and more coming through each year, they don't need Johnston. Will the people around the club be loyal to him because of his great past contributions ? Perhaps..

rodney trotter

I'd say if was able to survive the abuse from people over his transfer to Kildare he would be able for any abuse eplaying for the Gaels. Fairly thick skinned.

Joe O Connor wants him back - the Gaels manager.

Syferus

Any club team in the country would be mad not to accept a player of Johnston's talent if he wants to join. Whatever about county level it's unquestionable he's more than good enough  to make an impact for a club. Doesn't matter how many 'options' a club has, Johnston is still going to make any club team in the country at a canter.

rodney trotter

That's true, the Gaels haven't really been setting the world alite this year in the League. Knocked out of the Championship last year at the Quarter Finals stages by Killygarry by 1pt. Johnston would have made the difference.

He is still a class Footballer for Club level anyways.

big balla

Looks like Seanie is on his way back to the gaels according to twitter!

Orangemac

After the great service he gave St Kevins surely no one should question his right to move back to is former club.

mylestheslasher

Seems Cavan Gaels would stoop to any low to win, even by allowing this guy back in their ranks. Well I suppose that is their perogative but I wish them no success, its a pity that they will probably be keeping one of their up and coming young players off the team.

I don't think SJ will be back playing for Cavan. Don't think he could swallow his pride to do that and I don't think anyone on the panel (bar a few) want him near it. This was always his plan, to use St Kevins for his own manipulation of the GAA to suit himself. Afterall, his original attempts was to stay with teh Gaels and play for Kildare and when he needed  the big bucks to take  this case and the Gaels wouldnt back him, he left them too. I presume everyone can now see he was never a resident of Straffan or Kildare.

However, I think he is making one big mistake. Leaving St Kevins after doing what he did and the hurling farce, surely even the most ardant Kildare fan will admit that none of this whoring of their clubs was worth it as he brought them nothing additional and they won nothing in his time. So what happens if McGeeney leaves now, SJ is playing in Cavan. Will the new manager want or need him - I doubt it.