Previous topic - Next topic

heffo

Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on June 05, 2012, 06:10:19 PM
It's rumoured this evening that the CCCC have granted the transfer

It's gone through.

Jinxy

If you were any use you'd be playing.

Jinxy

To be honest Myles, regardless of what twitter polls and such like may say, I've yet to encounter an honest to goodness GAA man who approves of this transfer.

mup

Honest to goodness. Don't give me that bull. They want to sell papers. Where were the honest to goodnaess GAA men when Carlow lost Thomas Walsh?

heffo

Quote from: mup on June 05, 2012, 07:17:39 PM
Honest to goodness. Don't give me that bull. They want to sell papers. Where were the honest to goodnaess GAA men when Carlow lost Thomas Walsh?

That got plenty of coverage at the time, but dont get us wrong, Kildare are bigger fish - they won the O'Byrne cup last year and Div 2 this year - hence more attention than a transfer between two Div 4 counties.

I genuinely think ye'll regret this and it'll work out as more hassle than it was worth.

mup

Quote from: heffo on June 05, 2012, 07:24:41 PM

That got plenty of coverage at the time, but dont get us wrong, Kildare are bigger fish - they won the O'Byrne cup last year and Div 2 this year - hence more attention than a transfer between two Div 4 counties.

I genuinely think ye'll regret this and it'll work out as more hassle than it was worth.

It shouldn't be that way. The rules should be for every county no matter what Division. Its wrong, wrong, wrong that the media are giving this so much air time while not giving a fiddlers for the likes of Carlow.

And for whats its worth I agree with you regarding being more hassle than its worth.

heffo

Quote from: mup on June 05, 2012, 07:34:11 PM
Quote from: heffo on June 05, 2012, 07:24:41 PM

It shouldn't be that way. The rules should be for every county no matter what Division. Its wrong, wrong, wrong that the media are giving this so much air time while not giving a fiddlers for the likes of Carlow.

And for whats its worth I agree with you regarding being more hassle than its worth.

Sorry, I wasn't clear - I meant attention from the media, not from the CCCC.

IMO, the CCCC gave this far more attention as Thomas Walsh was working in Dublin and it was believable he lived in Greystones.

It was unbelievable that someone working in Cavan and paying rent in Cavan (up to a week or so ago anyway) would also pay rent and commute that distance.

Thats the distinction in my view.

Both contrived though.

This is the first where a strongish county has taken a weak countys player though..

mup

Why should how strong or weak a county is make a difference. It should have nothing got to do with it.

heffo

Quote from: mup on June 05, 2012, 07:49:44 PM
Why should how strong or weak a county is make a difference. It should have nothing got to do with it.

Did you read my post or just intentionally ignore it?

mup

You wrote that this was the first time that a stronger county took form a weaker on. I assumed that this was one of the reasons the CCCC took their time with it. And I'm questioning why that should be?

Jinxy

Did you agree with the Thomas Walsh transfer?

heffo

Quote from: mup on June 05, 2012, 08:29:02 PM
You wrote that this was the first time that a stronger county took form a weaker on. I assumed that this was one of the reasons the CCCC took their time with it.

Why would you assume that. I'm just a person on the internet with an opinion. I'm a fair bit younger than the average member of CCCC.