Seanie Johnston Switch and outside managers

Started by samwin08, January 18, 2012, 12:10:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Westside

Antrim 2008: Johnston kisses wrist band after every score.
Fermanagh 2010: Johnston spends almost a minute and a half posing as he was (supposed to be) taking a free. Fixes jersey, pulls up socks, shuffles feet etc etc until finally referee takes the ball of him and calls for half time.

Seanie loves a bit of posing.

Westside

Shove what up Andrews nose? He doesn't want Johnston. He hasn't made a peep regarding the saga (Which surely he would if he was such an attention seeker?) So why would he care if Johnston tries to appeal this farce of a transfer request? Andrews will be focusing on the forwards he has chosen for the squad, not on what some player he has dropped is choosing to do with his spare time.

By the way Richie have you ever been a part of a football team? Because claiming Johnston should be forgiven for his poor attitude and included regardless would suggest that you have most certainly not.

mylestheslasher

I personally never want to see Johnston pull on the blue jersey again. He is in this game all for himself and I rather lose as a team than have the likes of him benefit. That being said, we all know his transfer is a joke and flies in the face of the ethos (and rules) of the GAA as he simply does not live in Kildare. So he can sit in his bedroom dreaming about being a county footballer and the good genuine footballers of Cavan can get on with the business of playing football.

btw - I also believe Andrews has handled this very well by pretty much refusing to comment on it. The only one running off to the media telling tales (half of them lies) is Mr Johnston.

heffo

Quote from: Richiej on March 10, 2012, 06:04:13 PM
Quote from: mylestheslasher on March 10, 2012, 05:56:28 PM
I personally never want to see Johnston pull on the blue jersey again. He is in this game all for himself and I rather lose as a team than have the likes of him benefit. That being said, we all know his transfer is a joke and flies in the face of the ethos (and rules) of the GAA as he simply does not live in Kildare. So he can sit in his bedroom dreaming about being a county footballer and the good genuine footballers of Cavan can get on with the business of playing football.

btw - I also believe Andrews has handled this very well by pretty much refusing to comment on it. The only one running off to the media telling tales (half of them lies) is Mr Johnston.

Andrews WILL have to explain his reasons to the clubs if he wants his 3rd year thats for sure.Because when this goes tits up this year clubs Will demand explainations about why players were dropped.

I would've thought that the last 42 pages would've made those reasons crystal clear.

mylestheslasher

Quote from: Richiej on March 10, 2012, 06:04:13 PM
Quote from: mylestheslasher on March 10, 2012, 05:56:28 PM

Myles i hope he never plays for Andrews again but as a gaels man i hope he doesnt leave the gaels as he will be a loss to them. Despite all his so called faults he does no where the posts are.

Andrews WILL have to explain his reasons to the clubs if he wants his 3rd year thats for sure.Because when this goes tits up this year clubs Will demand explainations about why players were dropped.

I couldn't care less if he plays for Cavan Gaels or not, they are not my club. I'll say this. Johnston went to the gaels looking for them to put up the cash to appeal croke parks initial refusal to allow him to transfer to Kildare without changing club. The gaels declined - i expect they have better things to spend 10k on. Johnston then, through his new adopted club,  put in a transfer request without even informing Cavan Gaels - the action of a good clubman? Now you might say Cavan Gaels are behind the player since they sanctioned the transfer but thats not the whole story either. When the transfer request got to the Gaels, Cavan Co Board had already objected which meant it wasn't going to go ahead without an investigation anyway. The Gaels knew they could just agree to it and it wouldn't change anything. In light of all this, if Sean Johnston is the type of player you want around your club that's fine but I certainly wouldn't want him around the place.

Jinxy

Quote from: Richiej on March 10, 2012, 04:47:42 PM
I hope Seanie appeals his failed transfer request. If it's only just to shove it up Andrews nose it would be a good enough reason. Andrews the attention seeker who dropped 5/6 half decent forwards this year because some of them questioned his pathetic management. Johnston IS the best scoring forward in the county without a doubt. Whether he has an attitude problem or not he dies know where the posts are. And god knows who would blame him for having an attitude problem after some of the substandard co managers  he has had the misfortune to have to listen to.

I would blame him.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

mylestheslasher

Quote from: Richiej on March 10, 2012, 07:46:03 PM
As I said countless times Johnston knows where the post are. Off either foot and il tell you there not too many around Cavan can score like him. That's been proven since he been dropped. Andrews looked for attention by dropping him and others. Especially when he hasn't replaced them by anything better. We have been kicking 14 wife's in every game this year. Andrews hasn't the firepower to fix that problem.

Richie you are not addressing any of the other posts here just saying the same thing over and over. Do you honestly think that johnston can do whatever he likes just because "he knows where the posts are".

Swadman

Quote from: Richiej on March 10, 2012, 07:46:03 PM
As I said countless times Johnston knows where the post are. Off either foot and il tell you there not too many around Cavan can score like him....  We have been kicking 14 wife's in every game this year. Andrews hasn't the firepower to fix that problem.
I agreed with Richie, this wife kicking has to stop and if we have to bring back Johnston to do it, so be it. Mna na hEireann, for one, will thank us.

Westside

Quote from: Richiej on March 10, 2012, 05:59:00 PM
Quote from: Westside on March 10, 2012, 05:01:54 PM
Shove what up Andrews nose? He doesn't want Johnston. He hasn't made a peep regarding the saga (Which surely he would if he was such an attention seeker?) So why would he care if Johnston tries to appeal this farce of a transfer request? Andrews will be focusing on the forwards he has chosen for the squad, not on what some player he has dropped is choosing to do with his spare time.

By the way Richie have you ever been a part of a football team? Because claiming Johnston should be forgiven for his poor attitude and included regardless would suggest that you have most certainly not.

I noticed you commenting on every part of my post except the "best scoring forward in the county" bit. So does that mean we are in agreement that Seanie is the best scoring forward i the county???
Is it not a half decent managers job to be able to work with all sorts of personalities that have ability for the sake of the team??
If so was there a need to cast Seanie aside so quickly??

He's a brilliant corner forward on his day and if things are going well for him he can put on magical displays even at intercounty level. Nobody has ever denied this. But are you honestly so deluded that you believe talent is the only requirement to keep your place on a team?!

A good manager knows when a player needs a kick in the arse or an arm around the shoulder, a good manager knows how to manage personalities. Completely agree. However, a manager must also realise when a player needs to be gotten rid of for the greater good of the team. Andrews obviously felt this way and he is well entitled to drop Johnston or anyone else should he feel that need. He had dealt with Johnston for a year and presumably got a feel for the player and decided he didn't want him.

I am not convinced by Andrews and I don't think he will be with Cavan in the long term. However he is there now and he is acting in good faith for the best interests of the Cavan team so he would have my full support for dropping Johnston. Johnston's conduct after being dropped has justified the decision completely. A great Cavan player worth holding on to would not make an underhanded attempt to change counties simply to keep playing Intercounty. I would not want a player who would pull on another county's jersey to play for Cavan ever again. No matter whether he knows where the posts are or not. The GAA is about more than that.

Also Richie: If Andrews dropped 6 players looking for attention why did he then decide to keep completely silent on the issue even in the face of intense media focus? Surely if he was an attention seeker this would have been the perfect opportunity to get himself into the limelight? You're talking BS man..

mylestheslasher

Quote from: ExiledGael on March 11, 2012, 08:11:21 PM
http://www.balls.ie/2012/03/11/no-prizes-for-guessing-who-was-at-the-kildare-match-today/

Meanwhile real cavan men were down the road scoring 4-10 against tipp. Thats as close as seanie is ever going to get to playing with kildare.

Westside

Realistically even if Johnston got the transfer at this stage could he force his way onto the Kildare team for the Championship? Or is he looking at this long term and would be happy enough to get the transfer if he could play next year?

Jinxy

If McGeeney has any sense, he'll abandon the idea.
It would be too disruptive to bring him in now.
If you were any use you'd be playing.