Seanie Johnston Switch and outside managers

Started by samwin08, January 18, 2012, 12:10:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JUst retired

You can not be registered as a player with different clubs,unless you play football for one club and hurling for the other. this would apply if for example your football club did not cater for hurling.

heffo

Quote from: JUst retired on February 26, 2012, 09:13:30 PM
You can not be registered as a player with different clubs,unless you play football for one club and hurling for the other. this would apply if for example your football club did not cater for hurling.

I posted that at the top of the page.

JUst retired

In your last post you asked for clarity,all I did was give it.

heffo

Quote from: JUst retired on February 26, 2012, 09:27:44 PM
In your last post you asked for clarity,all I did was give it.

It was a rhetorical question aimed at a teenage poster.

I had already posted the information you repeated.

mup

You can play hurling for one club and football for the other even if the two clubs play both hurling and football.

Jinxy

Quote from: mylestheslasher on February 26, 2012, 09:07:17 PM
Lar - he told Tommy Carr to f**k off not Andrews. He told him that because he gave free taking to another player. He disrupted the whole preperation for a match because he wasnt taking the frees. Now given that Westside just told you that seanie had no Twitter account and the "f**k off"was not to Andrews would you like to review your post? Btw, seanie also walked out on donal keoghan the manager before Carr.

I was given out to years ago in the dressing-room before an underage match.
I was told I had to start passing to the other lads more often and stop going for my own score every time.
Did I tell the manager to "f**k off"?
No I didn't.
I just put my head down, said nothing and went out of my way not to pass to anyone during the game.
I was taken off with 15 minutes to go and THEN I told the manager to "f**k off".
You have to be able to take constructive criticism.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

haranguerer

Quote from: heffo on February 26, 2012, 05:51:52 PM
]

Just so I'm clear here, what you are saying is that a person can be a member of two different clubs, have voting rights in both clubs and be registered as a player with both clubs. Is that correct?

What would happen if Seanie did his cruciate while illegally training with whatever club he's not registered with? How would he get to Cavan town each morning for work? Who would pick up the bill as he wouldn't be insured...

No, I CLEARLY said, you cant be a player with both clubs. It was so clear that I can only assume you are deliberately misinterpreting. My post was a nod of the head towards humility, in recognising what you had been saying. However, given that you cant interpret simple english, I'm afraid I have to return to antagonism and ask you wtf (as I already have) about the numerous lads training with clubs that arent their own. If as you say they are uncovered, isnt this a massive issue within the GAA which should be pursued? Surely they should all be banned, or sanctions placed on the clubs?

Jinxy, major difference, seanie johnson does the business, you obviously didnt/dont, or you'd never have been taken off :)

mylestheslasher

Haranguerer - you are aware seanie was dropped last year and stripped of the captaincy. Thats a bit worse than being subbed. I think you are hyping up his ability a bit. He is not in the same tier as gooch or steven o neill yet.

Lar Naparka

Quote from: Westside on February 26, 2012, 04:59:41 PM
Lar Naparka: Johnston didn't have a twitter account until December 2 months after being dropped, Mackey the same, Lyng doesn't have one and neither does Sheridan.

Fair enough; I was only passing along what my brother picked up in Belturbet. I happen to know a couple of the individuals he was talking to and I wouldn't question their sincerity.
Seanie and his mates may not have used Twitter but those lads would have belived the source they got the story from.
An old friend, my ex-postman, is a dedicated Cavan supporter. Whether it's right or wrong he swears he got the story from a reliable source in the county. When you add in a number of non-Cavan GAA followers who say they heard the same, you can take iit for granted that this account is doing the rounds.
I suppose where a story is newsworthy and facts are few, rumours will spread like wildfire and this case is no exception.
Richie has come up with a variation on this tale. (#551) where he says the criticism was posted on Hoganstand but the basics are the same: Val saw what was posted; took exception and fired the lads in question.
Somehow or other, while I don't doubt Richie's sincerity, I'd believe the Twitter account before that one.
However, the second point he made in that post does have a ring of truth about it—McGeeney made the initial approach or otherwise Seanie's actions make no sense at all.
(Not that they are making much sense as it is.)
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

Lar Naparka

Quote from: mylestheslasher on February 26, 2012, 09:07:17 PM
Lar - he told Tommy Carr to f**k off not Andrews. He told him that because he gave free taking to another player. He disrupted the whole preperation for a match because he wasnt taking the frees. Now given that Westside just told you that seanie had no Twitter account and the "f**k off"was not to Andrews would you like to review your post? Btw, seanie also walked out on donal keoghan the manager before Carr.

There is doubt about it, Seanie is one rare tulip!
I had thought from the general gist of the 'conversation' that it was a spat between himself and Andrews that was in question and the fact that Richiej sometimes abbreviates his words meant I didn't pick up his reference to 'Tc.'
( I think he was the first one to mention Johnston effing the manager out of it.
I think many a Cavan player and follower had plenty of reason to eff Carr out of it too but that's another matter.)
I'd say Seanie probably has had flare ups with every manager he worked with.
You seem to have had a bizarre run of flaky managers in recent times but that doesn't take from the fact that Seanie appears t be very temperamental.

IMO, it's just unfortunate for Cavan's sake that the two of them are on the scene at the same time.
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

Jinxy

Quote from: haranguerer on February 27, 2012, 01:58:01 AM
]

Just so I'm clear here, what you are saying is that a person can be a member of two different clubs, have voting rights in both clubs and be registered as a player with both clubs. Is that correct?

What would happen if Seanie did his cruciate while illegally training with whatever club he's not registered with? How would he get to Cavan town each morning for work? Who would pick up the bill as he wouldn't be insured...

No, I CLEARLY said, you cant be a player with both clubs. It was so clear that I can only assume you are deliberately misinterpreting. My post was a nod of the head towards humility, in recognising what you had been saying. However, given that you cant interpret simple english, I'm afraid I have to return to antagonism and ask you wtf (as I already have) about the numerous lads training with clubs that arent their own. If as you say they are uncovered, isnt this a massive issue within the GAA which should be pursued? Surely they should all be banned, or sanctions placed on the clubs?

Jinxy, major difference, seanie johnson does the business, you obviously didnt/dont, or you'd never have been taken off :)

There's no 'me' in team.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

imtommygunn

There's a funny rule with hurling and football clubs. You can be a member of a hurling club and play football for another club but not vice versa. Or something like that. Completely different rule though.

Orchardman

Quote from: haranguerer on February 27, 2012, 01:58:01 AM
]

Yes haranguerer, its strange that some lads don't understand what ur saying here. Loads of lads train with clubs not their own. Aside from the seany case ( which is totally crazy, and if he's training with his own club more than the odd time then it does make him look even more silly) , lots of lads would train with teams in dublin for example, and then head home to mayo, donegal, wherever and play for their club, which they are a member of.

As well as that, and more to the point: lads may have transferred away from their home club to move to a club in dublin full time to play. If the guy happens to be home for the weekend, he may decide to train with his old buddies. When i played football in england, i trained with my club when at home, of course i would not have been insured though.

screenexile

Ah lads its the GAA!! It isn't too hard for Seanie to go back to Straffan and say "I done me cruciate training with the Gaels can you sort my form for me?

From my grasp of the situatiuon it would seem that he's a knob and Andrews is a knob and the whole situation is making Cavan a laughing stock! Is there nobody about who can take the bull by the horns and sort it out? It's a strong football county with a deep history and the whole affair is dragging their good name through the mud.

Westside

In fairness Screenexile Cavan have taken a firm stance that has not wavered. Andrews is the manager and can drop players and choose his team at his own discretion. They wish Seanie the best but will not rubber stamp a transfer that flies in the face of what the GAA is all about. Andrews has not got into a slagging match or given the press any comments about the saga at all. They have shown a united front and kept their own counsel. I would suggest Cavan County Board and Andrews have come out of this without any mud sticking - Apart from the obvious question of the wisdom of not asking the most talented forward in the county back into a newly formed squad.

Meanwhile McGeeny is poaching players, Kevin's are publicly welcoming a player that has not transferred and Johnston is showing his ego to the country.