Seanie Johnston Switch and outside managers

Started by samwin08, January 18, 2012, 12:10:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

heffo

Quote from: Westside on February 25, 2012, 06:26:07 PM
If Andrews goes I would imagine any manager would think twice about Johnston's role in the team given how quickly he abandoned Cavan this year.

You mean the second time after he abandoned them. He accepted a nice little mid-season transfer to Brendans in Chicago ahead of Cavans qualfiers in 2007.

haranguerer

Quote from: heffo on February 25, 2012, 05:34:42 PM
Quote from: haranguerer on February 25, 2012, 11:40:56 AM
My point is what would be strange about a player who had transferred to another club, if home (forget the ins and outs of the residency argument) goign along to a training session with his old club? It happens a lot.

Aside from the fact that he's ineligible to train with anyone aside from St Kevins and hence uninsured were he to suffer an injury, there's nothing 'strange' whatsoever about it. In fact this whole episode has been entirely straightforward.

Wtf are you talking about?? Players are 'ineligible'to train with anyone but the club they're signed to?? Thousands of lads train every week with clubs that arent their own you eejit.

Jinxy, theres been no fall out with cavan gaels whatsoever despite what some are trying to claim. As I said, forgetting the residdency issue, its perfectly normal that a lad, if he was home for the weekend or whatever, would train with his home club, especially if its likely nhe wil return in the future.

heffo

Quote from: haranguerer on February 25, 2012, 06:34:16 PM
Quote from: heffo on February 25, 2012, 05:34:42 PM
Quote from: haranguerer on February 25, 2012, 11:40:56 AM
My point is what would be strange about a player who had transferred to another club, if home (forget the ins and outs of the residency argument) goign along to a training session with his old club? It happens a lot.

Aside from the fact that he's ineligible to train with anyone aside from St Kevins and hence uninsured were he to suffer an injury, there's nothing 'strange' whatsoever about it. In fact this whole episode has been entirely straightforward.

Wtf are you talking about?? Players are 'ineligible'to train with anyone but the club they're signed to?? Thousands of lads train every week with clubs that arent their own you eejit.

I would've though my post was crystal clear and there is hardly a need to get personal.

I would suggest you check the Official Guide and then post an apology.

Should you require clarification on anything else don't hesitate to ask.

haranguerer

Apology? Why would I apologise - I meant eejit as a term of endearment you surely realised?  ;)

Anyway, you state sarcastically (I presume, so already your post isnt exactly crystal clear, is it?) that theres nothing strange about him training for a club hes not signed for which, (in your crystal clear way) I take you to mean you actually DO think it strange.

I point out that thousands of lads train regularly with clubs that arent their own. I believe theres a thread on this very board seeking players from other clubs to come along to train with them. So it would appear its very commonplace, and thus not at all strange. I wont be so self righteous as to ask for an apology.

Also, to take you up on your offer of clarification, what is this about ineligibility to train with other clubs in the official guide? Shouldnt there be some sort of crackdown??  ???

heffo

Quote from: haranguerer on February 25, 2012, 06:58:09 PM
Apology? Why would I apologise - I meant eejit as a term of endearment you surely realised?  ;)

Anyway, you state sarcastically (I presume, so already your post isnt exactly crystal clear, is it?) that theres nothing strange about him training for a club hes not signed for which, (in your crystal clear way) I take you to mean you actually DO think it strange.

I point out that thousands of lads train regularly with clubs that arent their own. I believe theres a thread on this very board seeking players from other clubs to come along to train with them. So it would appear its very commonplace, and thus not at all strange. I wont be so self righteous as to ask for an apology.

Also, to take you up on your offer of clarification, what is this about ineligibility to train with other clubs in the official guide? Shouldnt there be some sort of crackdown??  ???

I'll take it from the top so.

Seanie Johnson (or any other player for that matter) is not permitted to train with any club of which he is not a member. If he's training with both clubs while living in Straffan (or has he moved back to Cavan now??) then if he got injured then he wouldn't be insured.

Therefore this is strange.

Richiej

Westside........ And anyone else who wants to listen...... Val was interviewed after the Longford league game... He wished Seanie the best of luck. He never told the radio station the door wasn't closed.. Why not? Cos it was closed. Andrews is going to look a mug if Seanie performs for Kildare . I've a hunch he will stay with the Gaels out of loyality. There is no way he will move club for fun. Christ sake he's been there since he was 7. Gaels is probably most hated club in the county bit if your involved in that club you will also know it's the greatest family club you could be attached to .. Seanie knows that. He's steeped in temraditition , his grandfather won an all Ireland minor medal in 1938 so he don't take stupid inter county transfer chat lightly. I hope he stays with the Gaels .. Don't give a Fcuk if he never kicked a county ball again for Andrews..look at Sean Reilly,,, best fielder of a ball on the county.. You think he'd ever play for Andrews??? No chance.. Nor chesty either. Cavan football is bollaxed!!!!

heffo

Quote from: Richiej on February 25, 2012, 07:18:30 PM
I've a hunch he will stay with the Gaels out of loyality. There is no way he will move club for fun. Christ sake he's been there since he was 7. Gaels is probably most hated club in the county bit if your involved in that club you will also know it's the greatest family club you could be attached to .. Seanie knows that. He's steeped in temraditition

Did you not get the memo that he applied for a transfer to leave?

haranguerer

Quote from: heffo on February 25, 2012, 07:05:59 PM

Seanie Johnson (or any other player for that matter) is not permitted to train with any club of which he is not a member. If he's training with both clubs while living in Straffan (or has he moved back to Cavan now??) then if he got injured then he wouldn't be insured.

Two points.

Firstly, who says he is not a member of Cavan Gaels? Is there anything stopping someone from being a member of two clubs?

Secondly, I would have thought what was 'strange' and what was 'normal' was defined, not by statute, but by general trends.

For e.g., there was an oft quoted law in the UK that apparently is technically still in force (or was until recently), whcih stated that a pregnant woman can relieve herself anwhere she wants, including in a policemans helmet. If you witnessed this taking place, would you not consider it strange, given that it very rarely happens, or rather would you consider it normal, purely because it is provided for in law?

Richiej

Quote from: heffo on February 25, 2012, 07:20:55 PM
I've a hunch he will stay with the Gaels out of loyality. There is no way he will move club for fun. Christ sake he's been there since he was 7. Gaels is probably most hated club in the county bit if your involved in that club you will also know it's the greatest family club you could be attached to .. Seanie knows that. He's steeped in temraditition

.  I don't think he will ever play club or county football in Kildare. And really that's no offence to any Kildare ppl. No way. They like us never won f.a. Seanie just ain't the type. His heart wouldn't be in it.

Jinxy

Westside........ And anyone else who wants to listen...... Val was interviewed after the Longford league game... He wished Seanie the best of luck. He never told the radio station the door wasn't closed.. Why not? Cos it was closed. Andrews is going to look a mug if Seanie performs for Kildare . I've a hunch he will stay with the Gaels out of loyality. There is no way he will move club for fun. Christ sake he's been there since he was 7. Gaels is probably most hated club in the county bit if your involved in that club you will also know it's the greatest family club you could be attached to .. Seanie knows that. He's steeped in temraditition , his grandfather won an all Ireland minor medal in 1938 so he don't take stupid inter county transfer chat lightly. I hope he stays with the Gaels .. Don't give a Fcuk if he never kicked a county ball again for Andrews..look at Sean Reilly,,, best fielder of a ball on the county.. You think he'd ever play for Andrews??? No chance.. Nor chesty either. Cavan football is bollaxed!!!!

Explain this one to me.  ???
If you were any use you'd be playing.

heffo

Quote from: haranguerer on February 25, 2012, 07:27:36 PM
Quote from: heffo on February 25, 2012, 07:05:59 PM

Is there anything stopping someone from being a member of two clubs?

Yes. The GAA rule book.

heffo

Quote from: Richiej on February 25, 2012, 07:27:57 PM
Quote from: heffo on February 25, 2012, 07:20:55 PM

.  I don't think he will ever play club or county football in Kildare. And really that's no offence to any Kildare ppl. No way.

There's gonna be some angry arabs in Kildare so gunning for him. Faking tenancy agreements and utilty bill connections - those mad sheiks aren't going to take this lying down.

Richiej

Cavan co board tried to block Seanies transfer cos they wernt taking the rap for Andrews misgudgement ... Fine great... Reilly trying to save his skin bit he gone this year.Seanie ain't popular but he got ability and that will pul him through. He got a great name for looking after underage lads and is highly respected so if you wana pick holes, there more wholes I Andrews. ..

heffo

Quote from: Richiej on February 25, 2012, 07:40:27 PM
if you wana pick holes, there more wholes I Andrews. ..

Andrew mgt is an entirely seperate issue and if you want him removed you lobby your club Secretary to mandate your delegate to this effect.

Hardy

Quote from: haranguerer on February 25, 2012, 07:27:36 PMthere was an oft quoted law in the UK that apparently is technically still in force (or was until recently), whcih stated that a pregnant woman can relieve herself anwhere she wants, including in a policemans helmet. If you witnessed this taking place, would you not consider it strange, given that it very rarely happens, or rather would you consider it normal, purely because it is provided for in law?

That's the best and most apt analogy I've seen in a long time and I enjoyed it more than anything else that happened today.

The night is young, though.