Seanie Johnston Switch and outside managers

Started by samwin08, January 18, 2012, 12:10:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dont Matter

I wonder what the transfer fee is? Seanie J seems to have agreed personnel terms anyway. 
Let's hope McGeeney isn't the Harry Redknapp of the GAA world.
'Dublin is not a national problem, it's a national opportunity.'
Peter Quinn

Jinxy

Quote from: haranguerer on January 24, 2012, 03:34:41 PM
Quote from: mylestheslasher on January 24, 2012, 02:05:48 PM

He wasn't forced to walk out on his club - bullshit of the highest order. He had a choice and he made it and now he can live with the consequences.

He wanted to stay with his club, did he not? Yet he also wanted to play intercounty football; naturally, hes good enough so of course he wants to play his sport at the highest level.

However, he couldnt both stay with his club and play intercounty football, that was made pretty clear too, so the rules did force him out of his club. His choice was to play at the highest level or not, he made the right one, imo its just a pity it meant he had to leave his club.

The club comes first.
Always.
It's some joke if he transfers to St Kevins and doesn't play for them.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Orangemac

Was Cavan Gaels Johnston's original club or had he played for a smaller team in Cavan before that?

Denn Forever

I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

Hill16 Blues

This is a complete joke! Correct me if I'm wrong but Johnston is a teacher working in Cavan who plays with Cavan Gaels who wants to transfer to Kildare while staying living and working in Cavan?

Would love to understand how this is within the rules or the spirit of the rules the GAA operates around. It also shows that Kildare Gaa continue to have no shame in how they operate their senior county team.

Inter county transfers are questionable enough as it is. This makes a mockery .of the GAA! Johnston himself is nothing but a two faced mercenary!

Jinxy

If you were any use you'd be playing.

ross matt

Quote from: Hill16 Blues on January 24, 2012, 11:16:30 PM
This is a complete joke! Correct me if I'm wrong but Johnston is a teacher working in Cavan who plays with Cavan Gaels who wants to transfer to Kildare while staying living and working in Cavan?

Would love to understand how this is within the rules or the spirit of the rules the GAA operates around. It also shows that Kildare Gaa continue to have no shame in how they operate their senior county team.

Inter county transfers are questionable enough as it is. This makes a mockery .of the GAA! Johnston himself is nothing but a two faced mercenary!

Surely this cant be the case? If so how can it be sanctioned withing the rules as Hill 16 asks?

mylestheslasher

He lives and works in Cavan but he has now got a kildare address (we can only guess who organised that for him?). Maybe he is going to live there and drive to Cavan but I doubt it. Its not like VRT where the customs can do spot checks to see where someone is normally resident. The GAA have to take him at his word to some extent.

DuffleKing

If he was the documentation to prove residency I don't see how kkb can turn this down. Those speculating that the address is bogus have no basis to support that assumption and nor can kkb if the boxes are ticked.
The only thing I'd wonder about is that if his address is in straffan, surerly kkb would have to dictate that this is where he should play?
This could very well become a more regular occurance at county level - particularly if destination countires are able to organise employment in the current climate.

haranguerer

Quote from: mylestheslasher on January 25, 2012, 08:17:00 AM
He lives and works in Cavan but he has now got a kildare address (we can only guess who organised that for him?). Maybe he is going to live there and drive to Cavan but I doubt it. Its not like VRT where the customs can do spot checks to see where someone is normally resident. The GAA have to take him at his word to some extent.

Oh ffs...its an amateur game for chissake. Theres enough mini hitlers running round without a crowd of pricks calling to your door to check you live where you said you did.

And its not a ridiculous proposal to let anyone play wherever to f**k they want and it will come in, whenever everyone cops on and realises that people deserve the right of free choice

LeoMc

So will he claim his mileage allowance for travelling to training from the school or from his new address in Straffen?

Will he be given Gym membership in Straffen or in Cavan?

heffo

He'll be transferring back to Cavan Gaels in the summer. The Kildare club transfer is just a marriage of convenience.

fearglasmor

Quote from: haranguerer on January 25, 2012, 08:32:52 AM
Quote from: mylestheslasher on January 25, 2012, 08:17:00 AM

Oh ffs...its an amateur game for chissake. Theres enough mini hitlers running round without a crowd of pricks calling to your door to check you live where you said you did.

And its not a ridiculous proposal to let anyone play wherever to f**k they want and it will come in, whenever everyone cops on and realises that people deserve the right of free choice

haranguerer, you obviously dont subscribe to the current ethos of the GAA which is entirely based on representing the parish/community and  county. Maybe you feel that the notion of "belonging" to a particular locality or county is outdated and belongs with the dinosaurs. Thats your right. But I think you will find that a lot of people in the GAA do attach great importance to these ideals and believe that the association would lose something valuable if it abandoned them.
Personally, I have no gripe with soccer, but I find it very hard to have any real attachment to my local leinster senior league club who field a large section of paid players from Dublin city and other areas in their team. I would never like to see the GAA go down this road. If SJ and KE achieve their objective then I think it sets a precedent that will lead to the situation you espouse.

Don Johnson

Paddy Power's view on the whole saga:

To play for Kildare during the League 2012    1/8
To start 1st championship match v Offaly in 2012    evens
To Win an All Ireland playing for Kildare    5/2
To Win an All Star in 2012    11/2
To play v Cavan in Championship 2012    11/2
To kiss the Kildare jersey during Championship 2012*    16/1
To be top scorer in Championship 2012    18/1
To be Footballer of the Year 2012    33/1
St Kevins to win Kildare Senior Championship 2012    50/1

mylestheslasher

I see the "whats the problem with Seanie Johnson" has been removed from the Hoganstand.com/cavan website. It was 11 or 12 pages long.