Seanie Johnston Switch and outside managers

Started by samwin08, January 18, 2012, 12:10:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sammymaguire

Quote from: AQMP on January 18, 2012, 04:58:55 PM
Quote from: sammymaguire on January 18, 2012, 04:42:34 PM
Andrews is forcing him out AQMP.... is that not clear already? that's what part of this whole debate is about  :-\

How so?

He told him he doesnt want him being part of the Cavan senior football panel this campaign
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

mylestheslasher

Quote from: sammymaguire on January 18, 2012, 06:28:49 PM
Quote from: AQMP on January 18, 2012, 04:58:55 PM
Quote from: sammymaguire on January 18, 2012, 04:42:34 PM
Andrews is forcing him out AQMP.... is that not clear already? that's what part of this whole debate is about  :-\

How so?

He told him he doesnt want him being part of the Cavan senior football panel this campaign

You know that for sure? A lot of you boyos don't know much about this situation at all. Of course the door was not fully closed on him, it never is when a player is dropped. It wasn't even closed fully when he ran off to America in the middle of the championship a few years ago. The only one closing the door fully is the bold seanie. If that is his attitude kildare are welcome to him.

Rossfan

Quote from: Give and Go on January 18, 2012, 04:45:39 PM
You can have all the opinions in the world but the rules are explicit on this issue. He cannot play for another county while playing CLub football for his home club. If he completes an inter county transfer to a county he is now resident in he can play for his new club and his new county or his home county. There are no other options.
Apart from submitting a motion to the next Cavan Convention seeking the rule to be changed, have it passed and onto the Clár at the 2013 Congress!

In the meantime he can drop into his local filling station in Straffan (only shop there) and buy a dummy to suck for the year.

According to Aertel he lives in Straffan and works in Cavan Town  :o ::)

Now I've often heard of people doing a long distance commute to work just so as they could continue to live in their home town .... but moving 90 or whatever  miles away from your home town while still working in it ....
Maybe the family have shares in an oil company  ;D
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

sammymaguire

I am only going off the RTE website myles http://www.rte.ie/sport/gaa/championship/2012/0117/johnstons.html I don't know anything about Johnston apart from what I seen him doing on the field of play
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

mylestheslasher

Quote from: sammymaguire on January 18, 2012, 07:06:54 PM
I am only going off the RTE website myles http://www.rte.ie/sport/gaa/championship/2012/0117/johnstons.html I don't know anything about Johnston apart from what I seen him doing on the field of play

Sammy - that report says he lives in Straffan. He doesn't and he never did. Just bullshit to help him transfer. Instead of living in his home town beside where he works we are expected to believe he moved 90 miles away to commute? Come on! The reports in the media are all from Seanie himself, the other side is not in the public domain.

Richie - Johnston was not told that he will never be part of the set-up again, just that he wasn't been considered during pre season. Same was said to Lyng, Nesty, Sheridan etc. Where are their transfer requests??

Jinxy

Colm Parkinson was very good on Off the Ball.
The bit at the end was priceless.
Damian Lawlor: "Residency isn't enough"
Parkinson: "Especially when it's fake residency!"  :D
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Dont Matter

Quote from: Jinxy on January 18, 2012, 07:48:21 PM
Colm Parkinson was very good on Off the Ball.
The bit at the end was priceless.
Damian Lawlor: "Residency isn't enough"
Parkinson: "Especially when it's fake residency!"  :D

He's some man to talk.
Left his club for the bright lights in the big shmoke.
Decided he's not playing for Portlaoise anymore as long as their current managers are in charge because he was takin off in a match for being crap.
Left the Laois panel last year because he wasn't getting a game.
Always looking for publicity with his twitters.
The lads a clown and I've just mentioned stuff that he's done recently.
'Dublin is not a national problem, it's a national opportunity.'
Peter Quinn

Maguire01

Quote from: Jinxy on January 18, 2012, 01:23:56 PM
I'd cut off my big toe before I'd pay to watch a Cavan man playing for us.
Come on flourbags, you're better than this.
:D
and +1

Maguire01

Quote from: sammymaguire on January 18, 2012, 02:38:00 PM
Quote from: AZOffaly on January 18, 2012, 02:00:54 PM
Quote from: sammymaguire on January 18, 2012, 01:54:50 PM
Quote from: hardstation on January 18, 2012, 01:42:06 PM
Could Fermanagh, for example, then just start picking players from Tyrone who can't get on the Tyrone panel?

why not?, them lads arent getting inter county football and if they wanted to tog out for Fermanagh, then does not that help the GAA overall?

No. It does not. I presume ye are winding here at this stage. Inter county football is a 'representative' team. i.e. You represent the clubs in the county. That's the idea of it. County teams are not supposed to be autonomous entities with no ties to the clubs in the same county. Some people think the GAA is only about playing inter county, as if that's the raison d'etre of the association. It's not. Playing for your county is a great honour and a great achievement, and it is a target for everyone in the county to aim for. It's not some franchise that is skimming the best players from anywhere at all.

So the strong keep getting stronger and the weak can still hope for their odd day in the sun?? Maybe the GAA need to look at this "representative" basis of the county teams with a more liberal approach... I dont think we would see a mass exodus of any proud county man to another regardless of the rule change.
What about the scenario where a team like Fermanagh has one top class player, but he knows he will never win anything with Fermanagh, so he decides to move to another county to have a better chance of winning something? Under your proposal, there's still plenty of scope for the weak to get weaker and the strong to get stronger.

sammymaguire

But if this top class player had the dregs from Tyrone, Donegal, Armagh etc then that team would be stronger and the team would have a chance to succeed... As there is no money involved the same problems as professional sport would not be exactly the same imo
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

Maguire01

Quote from: sammymaguire on January 18, 2012, 08:59:56 PM
But if this top class player had the dregs from Tyrone, Donegal, Armagh etc then that team would be stronger and the team would have a chance to succeed... As there is no money involved the same problems as professional sport would not be exactly the same imo
Then it's no longer Fermanagh.

For me, this aspect of the GAA is far above the amateur/professional argument in terms of importance.

I'd have little interest in supporting Monaghan if it was made up of players from other counties.

Quarterback

I think its ridicilous what Johnston is playing at.  Id be friendly with an x cavan trainer and when asked about Johnston his relpy was that he had serious attitude problems....didnt wanna train..wanted to be wrapped in cotton wool.  Johnston would never make a Tyrone panel given his type of attitude...Id hardly think that mc geeney would take any shit from him...

sammymaguire

That's a fair point too and a Fermanagh Ulster win with a Monaghan man in the ranks would take the shine of it... But it would still be an Ulster title  :-\

With your comment in mind, I don't think too many GAA inter county players would play for another county anyhow
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

BennyHarp

Why do people take any notice of Colm Parkinson?
That was never a square ball!!

Jinxy

I think he's funny.
An absolute spoofer, but still funny.  :)
If you were any use you'd be playing.