The Wolfe Tones live from the Garvaghy Road

Started by Harold Disgracey, August 27, 2011, 10:13:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Harold Disgracey

They might not be everyone's cup of tea but the Wolfe Tones are playing a concert tomorrow night, 28th August, at Tír na nÓg's playing fields @8pm. Gates open at 6pm, admission £15.

Hardy

That's a great idea, Harold. We should start a Wolfe Tones warning thread, just like the Hurricane Irene one.

Shamrock Shore

Is this the 'Real' W**** T**** or the 'Continuity' W**** T**** or the 'Provisional' W**** T**** that are performing?

Not that I give a toss, like.

I'd prefer Hurricane Irene over the Warfields anyday.

laoislad

What a great band! Love their music,have seen them loads of times and are always brilliant.
Friends of mine have often played support to them.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Shamrock Shore

Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeey Mirinda.

Would Mirinda not be too orange for The W**** T****?

anglocelt39

Admission £15, which way does the money flow in this case, just to be sure
Undefeated at the Polo Grounds

Harold Disgracey

Straight into the club development fund. A club's got to do all it can to raise funds these days.

ardtole

I doubt the money is going straight to the clubs development fund. When Cushendall were running a fundraising event around '94-95 for their ground development the wolfetones were charging 10,000 stg for the night. Once they heard about the amount of tickets being sold for the event they wanted the conditions changed to a percantage of the gate receipts. Obviously they were told to fcuk off despite threatinging to pull out. Considering the circumstances at the time Id say big tom  would have sold the place out.

Minder

Quote from: ardtole on August 27, 2011, 09:34:56 PM
I doubt the money is going straight to the clubs development fund. When Cushendall were running a fundraising event around '94-95 for their ground development the wolfetones were charging 10,000 stg for the night. Once they heard about the amount of tickets being sold for the event they wanted the conditions changed to a percantage of the gate receipts. Obviously they were told to fcuk off despite threatinging to pull out. Considering the circumstances at the time Id say big tom  would have sold the place out.

I remember there was running battles at that and a very high percentage of scumbags.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

ardtole

Minder

Quote from: ardtole on August 27, 2011, 09:46:32 PM
I dont recall much trouble to be honest.

There was a fair bit of boxing at it.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Minder on August 27, 2011, 09:49:03 PM

Indeed there was. Hurling sticks were produced and I could name some of the culprits. But I won't ;)

laoislad

Quote from: Tony Baloney on August 27, 2011, 09:53:29 PM
Quote from: Minder on August 27, 2011, 09:49:03 PM

Indeed there was. Hurling sticks were produced and I could name some of the culprits. But I won't ;)

Sounds like a club match in Laois.

mylestheslasher

They're a gang of greedy hoors and best left to the plastic Paddy Celtic supporter brigade. spirit if freedom were a good band back in the day, are they still about.

laoislad

Quote from: mylestheslasher on August 27, 2011, 10:45:32 PM
They're a gang of greedy hoors and best left to the plastic Paddy Celtic supporter brigade. spirit if freedom were a good band back in the day, are they still about.

I'm neither but I still like their music!