Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

trailer

Mourinho's desire to bring in another centre-half indicates he has misgivings about Chris Smalling, Phil Jones, Victor Lindelöf and Eric Bailly, despite the latter two being his own signings.

This line is rather quite telling. JM makes more bad signings than good. Add into that Mikitaryan who's already left, Pogba who's been very ordinary, Lukaku who hasn't set the world alight and Sanchez, while he's only been there 6 months, has also struggled. You wouldn't want to hand him another 100 million to buy Harry Maguire who's a glorified Richard Dunne.

Geoff Tipps

Quote from: snoopdog on August 10, 2018, 10:17:26 AM
If Jose is a dead man walking then who is he replaced with. ? Zidane? Who else would be options. We are running out of options. Do we need a guy who knows the club knows the fans. Is Bruce a contender? Its all pie in the sky stuff. Mourinho is a successful manager you dont win european cups with porto and inter milan without knowing a thing or two. Utd were a bit of a shambles when he took over. Hopefully the playees he has brought in will start to click. He can he be fired he b4 xmas ? Does he need more time. Utd could turn back to 68 to 93  very quickly by choping and changing managers  26 years without a title happened before with manager ins and outs every couple of seasons. Liverpool another example of that.

Give it Giggseh  ;D

johnnycool

Quote from: trailer on August 10, 2018, 10:17:51 AM
Mourinho's desire to bring in another centre-half indicates he has misgivings about Chris Smalling, Phil Jones, Victor Lindelöf and Eric Bailly, despite the latter two being his own signings.

This line is rather quite telling. JM makes more bad signings than good. Add into that Mikitaryan who's already left, Pogba who's been very ordinary, Lukaku who hasn't set the world alight and Sanchez, while he's only been there 6 months, has also struggled. You wouldn't want to hand him another 100 million to buy Harry Maguire who's a glorified Richard Dunne.

You're all very hard on Lukaka as he had a pretty decent goalscoring return on a team that defensive in mindset to say the least.
The bus was parked a few times by Jose especially against the bigger teams and Lukaka was chasing shadows.
It's hard to finish off chances when none are being created.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: johnnycool on August 10, 2018, 10:46:05 AM

You're all very hard on Lukaka as he had a pretty decent goalscoring return on a team that defensive in mindset to say the least.
The bus was parked a few times by Jose especially against the bigger teams and Lukaka was chasing shadows.
It's hard to finish off chances when none are being created.

Yeah I find it strange to be hard on Lukau also, he's been a very good a signing, as as you said he wasnt getting the service on his own against the bigger teams, so its difficult to say he can't score against the big teams if hes being used as a lone striker with no support.

I could think of worse strikers, Sturridge who's made of glass and big Andy Carroll ;)
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Boycey

This is the kind of drivel that passes as comment nowadays, despite Mourinho being shite, the players he signed being shite, the players he inherited being shite the fcukers managed to finish 2nd last year...

Carmen Stateside

;D ;D ;D
Comedy gold this thread. 

Milltown Row2

I know I'm starting to get bored of the funeral going on at Utd, lets see what happens up to xmas and make an opinion after he has his first team available...

Though I can't remember a season that has been as poor with players not fit or injured before a season starts
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

screenexile

This is my favourite bit from the article . . .

QuoteUnlike his first two seasons in Manchester, Mourinho stopped noticeably short of talking up United as potential champions but his spikiest moment, presumably with Liverpool in mind, was directed towards the media for "making people that finish second look like they were relegated and people who win nothing, finishing below us, look like serial winners".

Looking forward to another season of mediocrity at the theatre of w**ks!!

trailer

Quote from: screenexile on August 10, 2018, 11:08:31 AM

QuoteUnlike his first two seasons in Manchester, Mourinho stopped noticeably short of talking up United as potential champions but his spikiest moment, presumably with Liverpool in mind, was directed towards the media for "making people that finish second look like they were relegated and people who win nothing, finishing below us, look like serial winners".

What age are you? 12?

Armamike

Are the board really surprised Mourinho is after short term fixes?  They went for a short-term fix manager when they recruited him.
That's just, like your opinion man.

NAG1

Been saying consistently for over a season now, Liverpool and Spurs talked up during the season and United finish ahead of them. JM isnt popular with the media Poch and Klopp are so they get all the positive press and Utd get the negative, in years gone by SAF would have turned this into the perfect recipe for squad unity and success. It just doesnt seem to be gelling for JM or the squad.

As has been pointed out, name me a realistic successor at the moment and I would consider it, I dont see one anywhere, so just have to hope that the shackles come off a bit this season and he lets the team go for it, because when he does they are a match for anyone in the EPL.

oakleaflad

An otherwise excellent poster, you do lose the run of yourself in this thread Screen. I know you are on the attempted wind up but it does come across as a sort of childish irrational dislike as opposed to the usual 'banter'.

Rawhide

really hilarious when you consider the w**k of a club he comes come, mediocracy is the word
cccc is a true supporter lol

Carmen Stateside

Wait till after tonights game at least guys before the personal abuse  :D

NAG1

Quote from: Carmen Stateside on August 10, 2018, 12:59:48 PM
Wait till after tonights game at least guys before the personal abuse  :D

Dont think there will be any need for abuse.

I predict a similar season to last, consistent while pragmatic. Expect Liverpool and Spurs to run hot at times and cold at others similar to last year with City off in the distance.

As I said hopefully the shackles come off and he lets the squad at it, just cant see it.