The Many Faces of US Politics...

Started by Tyrones own, March 20, 2009, 09:29:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Main Street

Denn Forever

Will you want to watch the Dems. try to do the thing they think their electoral base want them to do (ditch the candidate who thinks for themselves). 

We need all differing opinions the board.
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

Dolph1

Quote from: whitey on February 19, 2019, 04:34:43 PM
I'm going to have to give this whole social media thing a break until after the election.

Already got into 2 spats in Facebook for having the audacity to question the positions of some of the Democratic candidates

3 predictions

Mueller will come up with very little on Trump (but the Dems will try and spin it)

Democratic primary will push many of their viable candidates further left than they are comfortable with

General election will be much tighter than many predict. I think Trump will lose, but not in a landslide

Talk to you all in November 2020

Good luck Whitey. Maybe catch up with you for some celebratory drinkies for the 2nd term of Donald J. Trump next year
Trump 2020. Making America Greater Again

Wildweasel74

What is it with America politics where a bunch of old foggies regularly  make a run for president.. These people should be long retired. And younger vibrant persons running for president.. That clown Trump incoherent at the best of times and another retiree running things is the last thing America needs. after Coco the clown is voted out.

trailer

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on February 19, 2019, 10:04:08 PM
What is it with America politics where a bunch of old foggies regularly  make a run for president.. These people should be long retired. And younger vibrant persons running for president.. That clown Trump incoherent at the best of times and another retiree running things is the last thing America needs. after Coco the clown is voted out.

It's America. It's a very fucked up place.

Gmac

incoherent is right

RadioGAAGAA

What is it with America politics where a bunch of old foggies regularly  make a run for president.. These people should be long retired. And younger vibrant persons running for president..

Funnily enough, I'd completely disagree with that.

I think if I'd my way, only people over the age of 60 would be allowed to run a country.

Its only at that age that someone would become sufficiently experienced across a wide range of areas that they would be qualified to run a country. (That is, if I had my way of replacing "representative" "democracy" - which is neither representative or democratic.)

[In case you think I'm some old timer; I'm 37.]

That clown Trump incoherent at the best of times and another retiree running things is the last thing America needs. after Coco the clown is voted out.

Trump is an anomaly to most systems. Unfortunately he is a somewhat inevitable result of the degeneration of US politics away from facts and into perception completely unrelated to events.
i usse an speelchekor

gallsman

Quote from: RadioGAAGAA on February 20, 2019, 09:06:14 AM
What is it with America politics where a bunch of old foggies regularly  make a run for president.. These people should be long retired. And younger vibrant persons running for president..

Funnily enough, I'd completely disagree with that.

I think if I'd my way, only people over the age of 60 would be allowed to run a country.

Its only at that age that someone would become sufficiently experienced across a wide range of areas that they would be qualified to run a country. (That is, if I had my way of replacing "representative" "democracy" - which is neither representative or democratic.)

[In case you think I'm some old timer; I'm 37.]

That clown Trump incoherent at the best of times and another retiree running things is the last thing America needs. after Coco the clown is voted out.

Trump is an anomaly to most systems. Unfortunately he is a somewhat inevitable result of the degeneration of US politics away from facts and into perception completely unrelated to events.

Why 60? Why not 50? or 57? or 63?

Eamonnca1

Quote from: Dolph1 on February 19, 2019, 10:50:51 AM
Quote from: LeoMc on February 19, 2019, 08:14:21 AM
Combat 18 where 1 = A and 8 = H as in Adolph Hitler
1488 where 8 = H as in Heil Hitler
Dolph1 where 1 = A as in A Dolph,

You got to give it to the 4Chan crowd, they are nothing if not consistent.

References to Barrack Hussein Obama bring back the whiff of Foxy.

Leo =  Leon Trotsky M = Mad C= Communist

We can all play that stupid game. Cop on.

Nice try. I'm quite sure Leo didn't choose his own name. And I'm quite sure your mother didn't name you Dolph1.

RadioGAAGAA

Quote from: gallsman on February 20, 2019, 11:04:15 AM

Its not the age that would be the qualification, but the wealth and depth of experience accrued.

I don't see how anyone under the age of 60 would be able to work in enough fields for enough time to be sufficiently experienced unless they explicitly set themselves the goal of doing so straight out of leaving the education system.

So, there might be someone younger that is suitable for the role - in which case that is absolutely fine with me. But the chances are it'd be unlikely.

[As your probably realising by now - I'm not an advocate of representative democracy.]

Look at it this way - in an ideal world you want the best people to be running the country. There are what, ~500 MPs in a population of 80million, so your seeking out the top ~0.001%.

There is virtually no way anyone under the age of 40 can be in the top 0.001% (that is 1 in 10,000) of people for having the best mix of intelligence, knowledge and wisdom. Under 50, very unlikely. Between 50 and 60, increasingly realistic. Above 60 is where I think you are going to find most of your best selection.
i usse an speelchekor

LeoMc

Quote from: RadioGAAGAA on February 20, 2019, 03:59:10 PM

Its not the age that would be the qualification, but the wealth and depth of experience accrued.

I don't see how anyone under the age of 60 would be able to work in enough fields for enough time to be sufficiently experienced unless they explicitly set themselves the goal of doing so straight out of leaving the education system.

So, there might be someone younger that is suitable for the role - in which case that is absolutely fine with me. But the chances are it'd be unlikely.

[As your probably realising by now - I'm not an advocate of representative democracy.]

Look at it this way - in an ideal world you want the best people to be running the country. There are what, ~500 MPs in a population of 80million, so your seeking out the top ~0.001%.

There is virtually no way anyone under the age of 40 can be in the top 0.001% (that is 1 in 10,000) of people for having the best mix of intelligence, knowledge and wisdom. Under 50, very unlikely. Between 50 and 60, increasingly realistic. Above 60 is where I think you are going to find most of your best selection.

The over 60's have a much smaller stake in the future which could lead to short term populism.

trailer

Quote from: LeoMc on February 20, 2019, 04:26:51 PM

The over 60's have a much smaller stake in the future which could lead to short term populism.

Over 60s tend to be racists who smell of piss which can explain why the youth tend to hate them. 

Dolph1

Quote from: LeoMc on February 20, 2019, 04:26:51 PM

Morons like Cortez in their 20's could potentially have a 50 year career.
That needs to be capped for everyone's sake.

God forbid what sort of country the USA will be if Omar is around for that length of time. We'll probably be executed long before she finishes.

Dolph1

Could be a more-hands on President than Bill Clinton.