Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Winnie Peg

Quote from: MR99 on November 25, 2011, 11:49:41 AM
Quote from: Nally Stand on November 25, 2011, 10:51:37 AM
Quote from: skeog on November 25, 2011, 10:42:46 AM
tommo no dromore players involved in fighting so how can they be suspended

I suppose gaby got a black eye from walking into a door in the changing room then  ::)

He didn't get hit in the game according to the DVD so maybe the Dromore woman he married deservedly gave it to him when he got home  ???   :D

On a serious note, in my opinion the county board have made a complete farce of the league next year if these 2 can't compete for it.

They should nhave had the balls to put them out of the league altogether and allow decent teams to play.

Nally Stand

Quote from: Winnie Peg on November 25, 2011, 11:53:45 AM
Quote from: MR99 on November 25, 2011, 11:49:41 AM

I suppose gaby got a black eye from walking into a door in the changing room then  ::)

He didn't get hit in the game according to the DVD so maybe the Dromore woman he married deservedly gave it to him when he got home  ???   :D

On a serious note, in my opinion the county board have made a complete farce of the league next year if these 2 can't compete for it.

They should nhave had the balls to put them out of the league altogether and allow decent teams to play.

Other teams can play

This place is turning into a joke!!
"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore

Carmen Stateside

Quote from: EC Unique on November 25, 2011, 10:34:39 AM
Quote from: Tommo2 on November 25, 2011, 10:02:03 AM
Are these reports of suspensions true and accurate. i thought they would have been more severe on the players involved in the fighting, especially Dromore players.

By the way, what is the usual suspension for verbally threatening a referee?

That depends on if you are a county player or not! If you are a county player there is a 'block' on getting suspended for such an offence.

Errigal were the first to take advantage of this rule.  Maybe EC cant remember!

Tyrone Gaa

Bit of a farce that these clubs cant compete in the playoffs next year. They will both expect to finish in the top 4.  So will 5th and 6th in the league actually be in with a shot of lifting the league title?? Bit of a joke.  Both Clubs should of had their pitches closed and took whatever suspensions on the chin. 
Living the dream!!!

mick999

From Irish Times website:

Tyrone board issues 'severe' sanctions
GAA: The Tyrone county board has issued proposed bans totaling 452 weeks following the "unacceptable" trouble that marred the division one league final between Carrickmore and Dromore earlier this month.

Exact details of the bans haven't been made public at this stage, with the individual culprits being informed by their club secretary, but the county board has said the punishments are among the most severe ever issued by county.

Trouble flared at the end of the match in Dunmoyle with fighting on the pitch spilling over into the stands. One supporter is reported to have had part of his ear bitten off in what has been described as a mini-riot.

Members of both clubs appeared before the CCC on Tuesday night while the board studied video footage of the incident.

"After a very thorough investigation involving the full co-operation of both the Carrickmore and Dromore clubs the Tyrone CCC have issued proposed sanctions to both of the clubs arising out of the incident," the county board said in a statement.

"The proposed bans total some 452 weeks. The individuals concerned from both clubs will be informed by their club secretary. In addition both clubs received the maximum fine under the Tyrone Bye Law and other playing sanctions have been proposed.

"The sanctions proposed by the Tyrone CCC are amongst the most severe ever issued by Tyrone GAA. We thank both clubs for their support in the investigation and are confident that lessons have and will be learnt from the unacceptable scenes in Dunmoyle."

The violence erupted four minutes from the end of the title decider, which Dromore won by five points to complete the league and championship double; earlier this season a referee was assaulted at a ladies match in Tyrone, which resulted in two lifetime bans being handed out to club members.

The Trap

452 weeks of which 384 dont really count! Who really thinks the 8 supporters will not be allowed into a game? I mean if they turn up at our club next year who is going to stop them from going in? Would be very difficult as we dont know their names or what they look like!!! :)

EC Unique

Quote from: Carmen Stateside on November 25, 2011, 12:18:43 PM
Quote from: EC Unique on November 25, 2011, 10:34:39 AM
Quote from: Tommo2 on November 25, 2011, 10:02:03 AM
Are these reports of suspensions true and accurate. i thought they would have been more severe on the players involved in the fighting, especially Dromore players.

By the way, what is the usual suspension for verbally threatening a referee?

That depends on if you are a county player or not! If you are a county player there is a 'block' on getting suspended for such an offence.

Errigal were the first to take advantage of this rule.  Maybe EC cant remember!

Fiction.

Radda bout yeee

#

WHAT??

Gaby got a black eye??? - I heard this is an impossible feat! According to the Carmen public I also heard:
When Gaby does a pushup, he isn't lifting himself up, he's pushing the Earth down.
Gaby can drown fish
Gaby doesn't need Twitter, he's already following you

Wee Roddy

lol but a little unfair. Never has a more modest and unasuming fellow of the field ever played for Carrickmore. Everyone in Tyrone never he was easy to wind up. I often thought those who did it were either very brave or bonkers!! Many have suffered greatly at the hands of verbals or sly digs and its always something the man himself regrets afterwards. He was some footballer all the same

Radda bout yeee

Just a bit of craic - from an outside perspective Gaby was worhsipped by the Carmen folk for his ability as well as his herculian strength and temper! Many the convo I've had with Carmen heads and came away thinking - is this man a GAA player or a Roman God!

Have to say anythime I saw him play football he always put in a big performance.

LeoMc

Quote from: Radda bout yeee on November 25, 2011, 01:42:56 PM
Just a bit of craic - from an outside perspective Gaby was worhsipped by the Carmen folk for his ability as well as his herculian strength and temper! Many the convo I've had with Carmen heads and came away thinking - is this man a GAA player or a Roman God!
Have to say anythime I saw him play football he always put in a big performance.
;D ;D ;DBig Seamy used to inspire the same hero worship around Carmen.

Wee Roddy

Jesus i dont know if big seamie had the same following! Gaby was a better club player imho

Dell

What a joke! County board have done nothing, do you think either club really cares about the league!!! No pitch closures, no Dromore players suspended, joke fines. I can remember the phrase 'contributing to  a melee' used last year to suspend Ardboe and Omagh players who never threw a punch. Guaranteed some other club will suffer next year for a lot less, while Carrickmore will continue to act like thugs, and Dromore will continue their disgusting verbals.
Shame on both clubs and the county board.
light travels faster than sound this is why some people appear bright until they speak

gethimaf

Quote from: Dell on November 25, 2011, 03:02:02 PM
What a joke! County board have done nothing, do you think either club really cares about the league!!! No pitch closures, no Dromore players suspended, joke fines. I can remember the phrase 'contributing to  a melee' used last year to suspend Ardboe and Omagh players who never threw a punch. Guaranteed some other club will suffer next year for a lot less, while Carrickmore will continue to act like thugs, and Dromore will continue their disgusting verbals.

Have to agree, I wouldnt call Carrickmore thugs though. Immense respect for the club. County board have been inconsistent once again. Joke is the only word for them. No league is almost a reward, think how hard it will be to play these teams in the championship after they've had an experimental run in the league.
Both teams should have had a 6 match league ban and had to play the remaining 4 or 5 home games away. Seemed like the only sensible punishment.
Once again shows the bias towards west teams. County board sending out the wrong message. As long as your from the west you can do as you please. I would say carrickmore are happy with the result

Sky Blue Gael

Quote from: gethimaf on November 25, 2011, 03:20:29 PM
Quote from: Dell on November 25, 2011, 03:02:02 PM

Have to agree, I wouldnt call Carrickmore thugs though. Immense respect for the club. County board have been inconsistent once again. Joke is the only word for them. No league is almost a reward, think how hard it will be to play these teams in the championship after they've had an experimental run in the league.
Both teams should have had a 6 match league ban and had to play the remaining 4 or 5 home games away. Seemed like the only sensible punishment.
Once again shows the bias towards west teams. County board sending out the wrong message. As long as your from the west you can do as you please. I would say carrickmore are happy with the result

Think thats a bit unfair. the county board make a balls of it no matter if its a west or east team. Plenty of occasions when they should have taken more action and haven't with teams from the east. It is a poor reaction from them having said that. I cant see any of the clubs thinking about an appeal as if it went any higher up their punishments would be twice as bad. It will be interesting to see how the two teams approach the league next year now seeing as all they have to do is keep themselves up.