Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EC Unique

Quote from: Wee Roddy on November 18, 2011, 01:08:38 PM
Listen I think both Carmen and Dromore should be punished. In what way Im not sure. It seems certain that the clubs will have to put the names forward which will not be an easy task (made harder by Archer). Perhaps bans for the individuals fighting and a heavy monitary fine. Do you close the pitches for a year??? Im not sure. As for what happened on the field? As far as I seen two men were dismissed, and deserved to be, but who were they fighting with? each other!!
Dromore and Ardboe in Omagh was a far bigger scuffle do youse not think?

That is actually fair enough Roddy. What happened on the pitch was far from the worst I have seen, it is what went on in the stand that needs addressed. Hard to know what punishment will have the effect of making people examine their behaviour and attitude in such a way so that they will not act like that again.

tyronehead

What happened was clearly wrong but the reality is the media are blowing it out of all proportion.There are so many people with agendas out there from rival clubs , the anti- GAA media etc..
Now there needs to be calm and let's hope the Co Board punish the offenders but give out this punishment in a meaningful way and not punish the good people.There are more good people within the two clubs than bad .The Co Board must not be bullied into rash action on the two clubs by a anti-GAA media , to punish 2 communities with a broad brush is wrong and I hope this does not happen .Carmen and Dromore both deserve to be play senior club football next year and it would be wrong to suspend the clubs.The Co Board need to be calm , clinical and fair on everyone here.The people of Carrickmore and Dromore know some so called supporters let them down , these people should be punished but not the good people.
These two clubs need our support and we all should rally round them as the vast majority of them are good people who do a power of work with their community and yes punish the guilty ones not everyone.

rrhf

I think thats a reasonable post.  I wonder will the powers that be feel there be a need to send out a lesson to the clubs to self police their people so it were, for clubs to take the responsibility for "their lot".   Perhaps previously so called severe punishments have never worked and that may factor in on their minds.  Lets not allow any supporters for the clubs to claim a persution complex as there is a huge amount of respect amongst true Gaels for both clubs, and any other division 1 club measures their progress on performances against them year in year out. If there is a year long exclusion at adultlevel as has happened in Antrim it would be a bitter pill to swallow not just for for those within their clubs but also their opponents.  But it is only a game, when people lose their ear or a young child gets frightened out of their wits, then a stepback from it all and a re evaluation might be neccessary. But it would have to be accepted and we would all have to move on and learn from the problem.    Its a hard one to call and Im sure no one will take delight in the punishments handed down, at least I would hope so.     

midnightcaller

Regarding a pitch closure... Should that be for the entire club teams or just the senior/reserve fixtures? Most revenue would come from senior fixtures but the costs included in buses and tranfers for underage teams would be enormous!
Also if both pitches were closed where would you you play the legue fixture between these clubs next year?
Dunmoyle again, only segregate the supporters with a line of PSNI officers? ;)
Or possible croker and only open the top tier so fans are far enough back and ban all Umbrellas! ;D

EC Unique

Quote from: midnightcaller on November 18, 2011, 03:37:10 PM
Regarding a pitch closure... Should that be for the entire club teams or just the senior/reserve fixtures? Most revenue would come from senior fixtures but the costs included in buses and tranfers for underage teams would be enormous!
Also if both pitches were closed where would you you play the legue fixture between these clubs next year?
Dunmoyle again, only segregate the supporters with a line of PSNI officers? ;)
Or possible croker and only open the top tier so fans are far enough back and ban all Umbrellas! ;D

Senior/reserve only. Underage sould not be punished for the actions of adults.

rrhf

I wouldnt close any GAA pitch whatsoever and would hope that wouldnt be the case for Carmen Dromore or any club. 

everymanaman

Quote from: rrhf on November 18, 2011, 04:53:19 PM
I wouldnt close any GAA pitch whatsoever and would hope that wouldnt be the case for Carmen Dromore or any club.
Are you saying you hope neither club get their pitch closed? I have a notion that both clubs senior teams could be clocking up the miles next season

Dell

I do agree Roddy Dromore and Ardboe in Omagh was a far bigger scuffle, players struck off the ball, players striking after being sent off, players manhandling officials, punches traded after the final whistle and nothing came of it! The County Board and the CCC are a joke, selective in their punishments and in which cases they fight. This has been a normal championship, nasty verbals, off the ball hits, half time run ins, and sidelines involved and it takes this in the last game of the year for people to criticise. Carrickmore have players who repeatedly cross the line, Dromore have players who repeatedly stoop to the lowest trash talk for every hour, we all can name them (except for refs/umpires/linesmen) but the sad truth is every club indulges these type of players who bring shame to their own club.
light travels faster than sound this is why some people appear bright until they speak

wheres he takin er from

Quote from: new devil on November 18, 2011, 10:37:59 AM
Quote from: Wee Roddy on November 18, 2011, 09:29:38 AM
Its not only Carmen who are annoyed with Archer. It seems the county board are very annoyed with him. I wonder is another RTE type farce about to happen....wait and see ;). What will Kennys bosses say then???

Was Kenny Archer at the game?? If not he should shut the f**k up.....Its pretty obvious from what i've read on here what has happened....Handbags on the field... Dromore fan hits Carmen player with a umbrella which would start a riot at any game in any sport in any part of the world, Some of the shit on this board from people on high horses would make you sick.... I know what i would do if i saw my brother/friend/neighbour/clubman hit my an opposition fan while wearing a Kildress jersey...Anyone that says different is talking shit or is a coward

+1

Nail on head.
First on the field and last to leave

never kickt a ball

Quote from: new devil on November 18, 2011, 10:37:59 AM
Quote from: Wee Roddy on November 18, 2011, 09:29:38 AM
Its not only Carmen who are annoyed with Archer. It seems the county board are very annoyed with him. I wonder is another RTE type farce about to happen....wait and see ;). What will Kennys bosses say then???

Was Kenny Archer at the game?? If not he should shut the f**k up.....Its pretty obvious from what i've read on here what has happened....Handbags on the field... Dromore fan hits Carmen player with a umbrella which would start a riot at any game in any sport in any part of the world, Some of the shit on this board from people on high horses would make you sick.... I know what i would do if i saw my brother/friend/neighbour/clubman hit my an opposition fan while wearing a Kildress jersey...Anyone that says different is talking shit or is a coward

Were you at the game New Devil?

Carmen Stateside

rrhf

If there's to be punishment at senior level and to adult supporters then that's to be the case, but the youth teams don't deserve to be included in that list so closing any field would be morally wrong in my opinion. 

Aaron Boone

Relegating the teams would open a mess who replaces them.
And down the line, Carrickmore couldn't play with their 3rds in the same division.

If there's a fine, Dromore are heavily in debt already after their ground development. The set-up would pass for a mini-airport if you didn't know it was a big GAA club.

gethimaf

Quote from: rrhf on November 19, 2011, 03:14:04 PM
If there's to be punishment at senior level and to adult supporters then that's to be the case, but the youth teams don't deserve to be included in that list so closing any field would be morally wrong in my opinion.

Totally ridiculous comment, county board need to be consistent. Both grounds should be closed for two years for senior games. Coalisland and greencastle have to play minor games away next year. Its the only fair sanction.

The Trap

Can anyone confirm what punishment Ardboe and Omagh got all those years ago? Ballinderry got a ban in late 80s and they really changed their attitude afterwards, and gained lots of success. Ardboe changed their ways too and became a really good fottball team. If the correct punishments are handed out maybe the clubs involved will change their ways, all other clubs will take heed and Tyrone football will be the winner!