Crowd Control at Croker

Started by Zapatista, July 24, 2008, 10:28:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zapatista

I hope this dosen't become another Dub Bashing thread.

I just had a disagreement with a work colleague. He was complaining about the different standards being talked about in regard to crowd control. He thinks the same type of system should be in place for a Dublin game in Croke Park as there would be for all the other teams supporters in Croker Park. I said in an ideal world this would be the case. However, when Dublin are playing Hill 16 needs to be taken in a differeent light. There are aspects to Hill 16 during a Dublin game which are unique to the GAA and to have the same level of crowd control would be rediculous. He left maintaining I was being anti-Dublin. I don't think i was. What do you think?

Tankie

what do you mean, how id Croke Park different to other stadiums. i have never really noticed the difference as the stewards and garda really dont give a shite.

Those Tipp supporters are the ones we should be watching though after the voilance we seen on tv a couple of weeks back  ;) and lets not mention the Mayo fans!
Grand Slam Saturday!

the Deel Rover

Quote from: Tankie on July 24, 2008, 10:46:28 AM
what do you mean, how id Croke Park different to other stadiums. i have never really noticed the difference as the stewards and garda really dont give a shite.

Those Tipp supporters are the ones we should be watching though after the voilance we seen on tv a couple of weeks back  ;) and lets not mention the Mayo fans!

and don't forget about the Dublin teams statistician 's
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

Zapatista

I don't understand what you mean.

Do you think Hill 16 at a Dublin V anyone match requires a different type of crowd control than it would at a Longford V Cork match fro example. This is not a dig at anyone, I just think it is quite obvious it does while my friend seemed offended by it.

There is a thread about the statistician. Post there about that.

the Deel Rover

Quote from: Zapatista on July 24, 2008, 10:53:46 AM

Do you think Hill 16 at a Dublin V anyone match requires a different type of crowd control than it would at a Longford V Cork match fro example. This is not a dig at anyone, I just think it is quite obvious it does while my friend seemed offended by it.

fair enough Zap bit there is also a thread about a wooden spoon as well
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

Tankie

Quote from: Zapatista on July 24, 2008, 10:53:46 AM

No i dont think there is any difference between dublin fans and other fans, yes there should be more security as the crowds are bigger but i there has never been trouble at a Dublin game to suggest there should be a different type of security!

Grand Slam Saturday!

Zapatista

Quote from: Tankie on July 24, 2008, 11:13:47 AM

No i dont think there is any difference between dublin fans and other fans, yes there should be more security as the crowds are bigger but i there has never been trouble at a Dublin game to suggest there should be a different type of security!

So you agree.

I didn't suggest there was trouble I said it was unique and needed a different type of control. I love to watch Dublin on the Hill. But top say it is the same as the rest is is madness.

orangeman

Apparntly the UDR are being reformed to form crowd control given the expectancy that Dublin will win the AI this year.  ;) :D ;D

Tankie

Quote from: Zapatista on July 24, 2008, 11:20:44 AM
Quote from: Tankie on July 24, 2008, 11:13:47 AM

So you agree.

I didn't suggest there was trouble I said it was unique and needed a different type of control. I love to watch Dublin on the Hill. But top say it is the same as the rest is is madness.

No i dont agree, i would expect the same sercurity at any event that had 80k people at it. if 10k turn up at clones i would not expect the same security for 35k!
Grand Slam Saturday!

Denn Forever

Has there been any incidents that would require different stewarding of the Hill?
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

Tankie

Quote from: Denn Forever on July 24, 2008, 11:37:38 AM
Has there been any incidents that would require different stewarding of the Hill?

No there hasnt and that is why i am confused at the point of the thread!
Grand Slam Saturday!

bingobus

Quote from: Tankie on July 24, 2008, 11:39:02 AM

Apart from entering the pitch while the game is still in progress and delaying the game at the start due to late arrivals, then no, there has been no incidents.

orangeman

Quote from: bingobus on July 24, 2008, 11:55:50 AM

Apart from entering the pitch while the game is still in progress and delaying the game at the start due to late arrivals, then no, there has been no incidents.

Dirty one Bingobus !  ;) ;) ;) :D :D ;D ;D ;D

Tankie

Quote from: bingobus on July 24, 2008, 11:55:50 AM

sure wepicked that up from the limerick fans last year but the only difference was that there was only 1 point in that game!
Grand Slam Saturday!

southdown

Maybe the allegations of cocaine being taken on the hill during Dublin games lat year?