TG4 - Club Championships Coverage

Started by drici, September 23, 2007, 05:05:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rossfan

The World is out of step with Tyrone ::)
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

bennydorano

Quote from: MK on August 28, 2023, 04:47:22 PM
Quote from: drici on August 27, 2023, 10:22:32 PM
Dia Domhnaigh   03 - 09 - 2023

Sarsfields v Ardrahan Saint Marys   beo
2-15pm

An Armagh match    beo
(Clann Éireann v Granemore might be in with a shout)
4-00pm

Silverbridge v Shane O Neills apparently
FFS Shane's are as good as out

Milltown Row2

The backdoor format is best, at least everyone gets two competitive games.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Eire90

Eire90

people say teams getting one championship game is bad but leagues are there for teams to have multiple games  maybe they could give league winners a spot in provincial championships but that might take the shine off winning a county championship and it would have to be run like soccer with league weeks and then some championship weeks then back to league then championship again Because if a league winner got into provincial championship they might not try hard in county championship unless they motivated to win county double.

Rossfan

Punctuation me boy!!
Leagues are in the main now played without Co players so should be left to themselves.

Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Blowitupref

Quote from: Eire90 on August 28, 2023, 07:28:48 PM
people say teams getting one championship game is bad but leagues are there for teams to have multiple games  maybe they could give league winners a spot in provincial championships but that might take the shine off winning a county championship and it would have to be run like soccer with league weeks and then some championship weeks then back to league then championship again Because if a league winner got into provincial championship they might not try hard in county championship unless they motivated to win county double.

In theory yes but few if any teams have their first choice teams in league matches and championship results is where they are judged on especially management 
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Duine Inteacht Eile on August 28, 2023, 08:16:33 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 28, 2023, 06:17:05 PM
The backdoor format is best, at least everyone gets two competitive games.
Perhaps but I do chuckle at the narrative.
"Boys training for months, putting their lives on hold, making huge sacrifices for one competitive game a year. They should get two." Ffs like...

Yeah, I played senior championship for countless years, never once put my life on hold lol!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

general_lee

Quote from: bennydorano on August 28, 2023, 05:48:07 PM

2-15pm

An Armagh match    beo
4-00pm

Tbf if they win Silverbridge are out. I'd say Jarlath got this one on air though.

trueblue1234

Quote from: Duine Inteacht Eile on August 28, 2023, 06:14:09 PM
Quote from: rodney trotter on August 28, 2023, 04:31:51 PM
Quote from: giveherlong on August 27, 2023, 11:31:15 PM
Quote from: clarshack on August 27, 2023, 10:32:05 PM
Quote from: rodney trotter on August 27, 2023, 09:11:49 PM
I see Cahair O Kane tweeting that Tyrone is the only county in the Country that has knockout on the club championship this year

Knockout is the only way.

The only way to run a club championship
Long may it continue

An outdated way. Training from January for potentially one championship game
A lot of counties haven't really added more championship games though. Just fcukin about sessions before the knockout football starts.
This is it. The group stage added nothing to the AI this year. I'd keep the straight knockout 100% for Tyrone and can't see it changing. Each to their own tho for what they want to do.
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

bennydorano

Quote from: general_lee on August 29, 2023, 11:57:39 AM

2-15pm

An Armagh match    beo
4-00pm

Tbf if they win Silverbridge are out. I'd say Jarlath got this one on air though.
Madden v Harps moved to AG now, wonder what that's about, TV coverage? I did see Bridge v Shanes down on the Armagh Tv fixtures as TG4

statto

Quote from: trueblue1234 on August 29, 2023, 09:04:56 PM
Quote from: Duine Inteacht Eile on August 28, 2023, 06:14:09 PM
Quote from: rodney trotter on August 28, 2023, 04:31:51 PM
Quote from: giveherlong on August 27, 2023, 11:31:15 PM
Quote from: clarshack on August 27, 2023, 10:32:05 PM
Quote from: rodney trotter on August 27, 2023, 09:11:49 PM
I see Cahair O Kane tweeting that Tyrone is the only county in the Country that has knockout on the club championship this year

Knockout is the only way.

The only way to run a club championship
Long may it continue

An outdated way. Training from January for potentially one championship game
A lot of counties haven't really added more championship games though. Just fcukin about sessions before the knockout football starts.
This is it. The group stage added nothing to the AI this year. I'd keep the straight knockout 100% for Tyrone and can't see it changing. Each to their own tho for what they want to do.
Maybe not the opening couple of fixtures, but there was massive drama in the Galway, Armagh, Tyrone & Westmeath group on the last day. 

statto

Quote from: bennydorano on August 30, 2023, 09:21:34 AM
Quote from: general_lee on August 29, 2023, 11:57:39 AM

2-15pm

An Armagh match    beo
4-00pm

Madden v Harps moved to AG now, wonder what that's about, TV coverage? I did see Bridge v Shanes down on the Armagh Tv fixtures as TG4
Not sure why Madden would want to give up home advantage on this one though?  If every other team in the group gets a minimum of 1 game at home not sure why they should be treated any different.  Madden v Harps would be a more appealing game for the neutral though derby game and 2 teams that have done well in 1a over last couple years. 

Milltown Row2

Pure dirt by the lad 22 in the Galway game, tried to strangle him