TG4 - Club Championships Coverage

Started by drici, September 23, 2007, 05:05:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Rossfan on August 22, 2023, 04:16:31 PM
Yep we only won the Connacht Senior and Inter 2021 :D

One club all Ireland isn't a lot considering.. Clan being the best team never to win
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Rossfan

Clann fell short a few times unfortunately.
Brigids won 1 out of 2. I think Ros Gaels might have git ro a Final too .
At County we only won 2.
Population, economics etc against us. Aren't we the smallest population to win a County Senior AI.
We'll plough on anyway.. ....
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Wildweasel74

Eire Og of Carlow was another great team mid 90's

Eire90

Dublin gaa shows games on youtube for free aswell

seafoid

Quote from: Rossfan on August 22, 2023, 07:31:50 PM
Clann fell short a few times unfortunately.
Brigids won 1 out of 2. I think Ros Gaels might have git ro a Final too .
At County we only won 2.
Population, economics etc against us. Aren't we the smallest population to win a County Senior AI.
We'll plough on anyway.. ....
Clann was a timing issue. No Connacht team won until 98 and Corofin. Aftwerwards the way was lit and loads of clubs won. Clann will always be remembered. I  was there for  the 88 finals. We lost the hurling and Clann lost the football. We thought it would always be like that but club can change fast.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Rossfan

Couldn't find a better spot for this.

https://www.irishexaminer.com/sport/gaa/arid-41213767.html

How long before the first whinge post.....?
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

bennydorano

See they are due to show an Armagh SFC game next weekend, very slim pickings about in the last round of the group games. Hopefully they'll not go for the name recognition game -  Cross v Mullaghbawn which is pretty much a dead rubber. Killeavey v Maghery probably the best game available Imo (with Madden v Harps maybe 2nd, probably a hard watch but something to play for at least).

rodney trotter

I see Cahair O Kane tweeting that Tyrone is the only county in the Country that has knockout on the club championship this year

Wildweasel74

Derry is ridiculous. 6 league format to knock 2 outta each section. 9 games to win a county Championship, Mad. 14 for a Club All-Ireland.

square_ball

Quote from: bennydorano on August 27, 2023, 09:03:53 PM
See they are due to show an Armagh SFC game next weekend, very slim pickings about in the last round of the group games. Hopefully they'll not go for the name recognition game -  Cross v Mullaghbawn which is pretty much a dead rubber. Killeavey v Maghery probably the best game available Imo (with Madden v Harps maybe 2nd, probably a hard watch but something to play for at least).

Did Maghery not beat Killeavy today?

bennydorano

Whoops they did, meant Killeavey v Ballymacnab

Eire90

what's derry  format now it  was four groups of four with all teams qualifying which kind of pointless if all teams qualifying group stages were basically for seeding.

drici

Dia Domhnaigh   03 - 09 - 2023

Sarsfields v Ardrahan Saint Marys   beo
2-15pm

An Armagh match    beo
(Clann Éireann v Granemore might be in with a shout)
4-00pm

clarshack

Quote from: rodney trotter on August 27, 2023, 09:11:49 PM
I see Cahair O Kane tweeting that Tyrone is the only county in the Country that has knockout on the club championship this year

Knockout is the only way.

rodney trotter

Quote from: clarshack on August 27, 2023, 10:32:05 PM
Quote from: rodney trotter on August 27, 2023, 09:11:49 PM

Knockout is the only way.

Was a backdoor or group stage ever tried in Tyrone?

Tyrone won All Ireland titles in 05 and 08 through the backdoor.