Sat
2pm: Longford v Louth (O'Byr Cup) - TG4 online
5.15pm: Dublin v Meath (LF) - TG4
6pm: Derry v Tyrone (DrMc Cup) - TG4 online

Sun
Club finals
1.30pm: Ballyhale v Dunloy - TG4
3.30pm: Kilmacud v Glen - TG4

I think the football is on before the hurling on Sunday.

Hurling on first, following the Christy Ring rule.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: johnnycool on January 16, 2023, 02:27:08 PM
Quote from: yellowcard on January 16, 2023, 01:49:56 PM
Quote from: rodney trotter on January 16, 2023, 10:48:07 AM
Fri
7.30pm: Roscommon v Mayo (FBD ) - TG4

Sat
2pm: Longford v Louth (O'Byr Cup) - TG4 online
5.15pm: Dublin v Meath (LF) - TG4
6pm: Derry v Tyrone (DrMc Cup) - TG4 online

Sun
Club finals
1.30pm: Ballyhale v Dunloy - TG4
3.30pm: Kilmacud v Glen - TG4

I think the football is on before the hurling on Sunday.

Hurling on first, following the Christy Ring rule.

At least this way I won't be bored out of my skull with the defensive lateral backward passing, High intensity game first is better
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

drici

Dia Domhnaigh   22 - 01 - 2023
Ballyhale Shamrocks v Dunloy CĂșchullains   beo
1-30pm
(Extra Time if required/Winner on the day)

Kilmacud Crokes v Glen Watty Grahams    beo
3-30pm
(Extra Time if required/Winner on the day)

the goal was on

whats christy ring rule? Hurling was first last year so should it not be second on this year?

Saffrongael

Pitch will be in some state for both games
Let no-one say the best hurlers belong to the past. They are with us now, and better yet to come

johnnycool

Quote from: the goal was on on January 16, 2023, 03:21:54 PM
whats christy ring rule? Hurling was first last year so should it not be second on this year?

He informed a young Justin McCarthy who'd sat down to watch the earlier football game before a Cork hurling game not to, as it would "slow his senses down"...

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Saffrongael on January 16, 2023, 03:47:29 PM
Pitch will be in some state for both games

Did it cut up badly after yesterday's games? Is the weather to be bad next weekend? Looks good all week?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

rodney trotter

It was in terrible condition last weekend.

the goal was on

gareth brooks concerts did the damage and croke park relaid pitch after , but it did'nt take well is what I heard

Cunny Funt

Quote from: the goal was on on January 19, 2023, 01:25:49 PM
gareth brooks concerts did the damage and croke park relaid pitch after , but it did'nt take well is what I heard

I think it's standard procedure to relay the surface after each concert. Looks like they didn't give the new surface the opportunity to bed in right this time.

Walt Jabsco

Let's put this in perspective. CP from the Leinster Club semi Finals until tomorrow 21 matches plus four days of CNB will have been played on it in 9 weeks. That's a nine month Premiership season of matches in the winter where growth and recovery are minimal. Yes they have resources that many other grounds do not have such as undersoil heating, grow lights, frost fleeces  and irrigation but even with these the pitch is not getting a chance to recover. What would Club pitches look like if they were getting that sort of use? They would be in bits no doubt about it. Another down side of the split season?
Usually the first fixtures in CP are the Intermediate and Junior Club Finals which traditionally took place mid February with the Senior Club semis fixed for a provincial venues around the same weekend. This saved the surface of CP  for Spring fixtures. The surface is/was usually excellent for these matches when held in February but the CP pitch is being overused to the extent of being abused.  The surface was totally re-laid after Garth Brooks with a hybrid carpet which retains the structure of the surface better than a non reinforced surface. I would not  like to see the condition of the pitch if it had been of a non reinforced construction.  Putting fixtures on in CP will with the utmost certainty see them not being postponed especially with the tight schedule as is, but with the possibility of a poor pitch surface quality being compounded further when the competitions are run off in the same calendar year. Dublin footballers are not helping the situation either with them nominating CP as their home venue for the NFL with their first match next weekend. It will be interesting to see what the attendance figures are for the their fixtures and could Parnell Park have been a more suitable venue.
Rest assured the groundstaff at CP and at all other grounds both club and county around the country will have them pristine again all it requires is a bit of patience and understanding from supporters and not expect August pitch presentation in January

Armagh18

Firstly fair play to all pitch staff at Croker- can't be an easy task at this time of year. Totally agree, firstly Dublin footballers should be told where to go until at least the Lenister final.

What about proper investment in another decent pitch for big games in winter football, all the bells and whistles and care that the croke park surface gets but obviously a smaller stadium. Play club semi finals etc there and keep Croker for finals only.

Saffrongael

I can understand wanting to give everyone their day in the sun, camogie, junior, intermediate etc but the two flagship club games are going to be played at the end of this cycle of games on what looks like a poor surface, especially for hurling.

There has to be a better solution. Finals only maybe in CP
Let no-one say the best hurlers belong to the past. They are with us now, and better yet to come

Armagh18

Quote from: Saffrongael on January 21, 2023, 01:45:59 PM
I can understand wanting to give everyone their day in the sun, camogie, junior, intermediate etc but the two flagship club games are going to be played at the end of this cycle of games on what looks like a poor surface, especially for hurling.

Definitely wouldn't deny any code/level their day in Croker for an AI final but no call to cut it up with earlier rounds. And no way should Dublin be in it for the league for various reasons

armaghniac

Quote from: Saffrongael on January 21, 2023, 01:45:59 PM

There is scope for smaller stadium with an inflatable roof or the like to be used at this time of year. Perhaps somewhere central like Newbridge could be developed in that way.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B