TG4 - Club Championships Coverage

Started by drici, September 23, 2007, 05:05:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bennydorano

They do seem to cross paths like Ulster teams in the qualifiers alrite. I doubt any Silverbridge person would have been knocking on TG4's door to cover a potential massacre tho. I suppose it could galvanise the 'bridge and all does not appear to be well in the Cross camp, so you never know

yellowcard

Cross are still living on reputation and I suppose TG4 may see an opportunity for a shock result. I don't see that happening this weekend but neither do I think Cross are shoe ins to win this years Armagh championship. It might be a closer game than many people expect since it has the local derby element but Silverbridge don't have a great championship record. 

Truth hurts

Quote from: bennydorano on September 07, 2022, 10:31:23 AM
They do seem to cross paths like Ulster teams in the qualifiers alrite. I doubt any Silverbridge person would have been knocking on TG4's door to cover a potential massacre tho. I suppose it could galvanise the 'bridge and all does not appear to be well in the Cross camp, so you never know

whats wrong in Cross?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: yellowcard on September 07, 2022, 11:52:14 AM
Cross are still living on reputation and I suppose TG4 may see an opportunity for a shock result. I don't see that happening this weekend but neither do I think Cross are shoe ins to win this years Armagh championship. It might be a closer game than many people expect since it has the local derby element but Silverbridge don't have a great championship record.

Two teams that have won the Ulster championship in the past, so probably the best of the Ulster teams on show this weekend  ;)
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: yellowcard link=topic =4864.msg2148509#msg2148509 date=1662547934

Possible shock, Jarly Mór commentating on Jarly Óg, local Derby, sure has all the makings of a great show! 

Saves me the trip from Belfast too....save the running for Ulster  ;)  :P

Truth hurts

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 07, 2022, 12:29:17 PM

Two teams that have won the Ulster championship in the past, so probably the best of the Ulster teams on show this weekend  ;)

You talking about Ulster in Scor for Silverbridge?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Truth hurts on September 07, 2022, 02:11:57 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 07, 2022, 12:29:17 PM

I've no idea to be fair, I was talking about Cross's first team and their reserves  ;)
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

bennydorano

Quote from: Truth hurts on September 07, 2022, 12:07:57 PM
Quote from: bennydorano on September 07, 2022, 10:31:23 AM

whats wrong in Cross?
I dont think its any big news that they have an unpopular manager

armaghniac

A bit of name recognition is helpful for TG4 for people in distant counties and there is an All Star nominee on each side and if a Kernan or Clarke shows up from the past then many people will remember these and sure the camera may pick out Big Joe, Oisin or a McEntee in the crowd. Clann Eireann or Armagh Harps would not ring a bell for people throughout the country. Add to that, Jarlath Burns is a well used commentator who actually knows something about the teams.
A few supporters will go and I'd say that BCB will be in a minority in waiting for an Ulster campaign this year.

Silverbridge are an admirable club in many ways, with a limited area to pick from and very little level ground.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

tonto1888

Quote from: armaghniac on September 07, 2022, 06:33:07 PM

A bit of name recognition is helpful for TG4 for people in distant counties and there is an All Star nominee on each side and if a Kernan or Clarke shows up from the past then many people will remember these and sure the camera may pick out Big Joe, Oisin or a McEntee in the crowd. Clann Eireann or Armagh Harps would not ring a bell for people throughout the country. Add to that, Jarlath Burns is a well used commentator who actually knows something about the teams.
A few supporters will go and I'd say that BCB will be in a minority in waiting for an Ulster campaign this year.

Silverbridge are an admirable club in many ways, with a limited area to pick from and very little level ground.

CE in the second game on Sunday so I will be there for the Cross game. Looking forward to it

RandyDupree

The Waterford match is knockout. Is the Armagh match knockout?

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: RandyDupree on September 11, 2022, 01:10:33 PM

Yep. Knock out. Had been group stages before but have gone back to knock out since Covid and have retained it since.

RandyDupree

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on September 11, 2022, 01:44:35 PM
Quote from: RandyDupree on September 11, 2022, 01:10:33 PM

Thanks
Yep. Knock out. Had been group stages before but have gone back to knock out since Covid and have retained it since.

guevara

Riain O'Neill has got away with one there. Umpires & Linesman scared shiteless to call him on it.
"Some people want it to happen, some wish it would happen, others make it happen"

Michael Jordan

RandyDupree

Quote from: guevara on September 11, 2022, 04:36:07 PM
Riain O'Neill has got away with one there. Umpires & Linesman scared shiteless to call him on it.

Disagree. Thought it was a nothing incident.