TG4 - Club Championships Coverage

Started by drici, September 23, 2007, 05:05:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lenny

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 12, 2022, 10:13:52 PM
Quote from: Wildweasel74 on February 12, 2022, 10:10:45 PM
Name one as poor.

Was it 9-2 at one point ?

Kilmacud were definitely the better team today. The turning point was when they butchered a goal chance to go 9 ahead in the second half. Kilcoo showed great resilience though but the first goal was pure luck.You kind of had a feeling their name was on the cup at that stage. Kilcoo are a very good side but I have to confess that I really felt for the Kilmacud lads as they'd played so well and overall IMO were a much better team.

mrdeeds

Name one as poor.

They missed a world of chances in the first half. They are an excellent team that can play anyway no matter what tactics the opposition use. They got to another final recently too so shows it's no fluke.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: lenny on February 12, 2022, 10:46:48 PM
Name one as poor.

Kilmacud were definitely the better team today. The turning point was when they butchered a goal chance to go 9 ahead in the second half. Kilcoo showed great resilience though but the first goal was pure luck.You kind of had a feeling their name was on the cup at that stage. Kilcoo are a very good side but I have to confess that I really felt for the Kilmacud lads as they'd played so well and overall IMO were a much better team.

The better team sees out a 7 point lead con football, a poor team allows a team to claw that back.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Nanderson

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 12, 2022, 10:49:57 PM
Name one as poor.

The better team sees out a 7 point lead con football, a poor team allows a team to claw that back.
Is the better team not the team that scores the most by the end of the game?

quit yo jibbajabba

That worst team ever shit grinds my gears. Theyre tough to watch at times but them 3 johnstons and laverty as good a unit as youd want to meet at club level with 2 branigans in particular never stop

JoG2

Name one as poor.

So in conclusion, the All Ireland senior club final was played between two poor teams. There's a hell of alot of clubs wish they were as poor as Crokes and Kilcoo!

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Nanderson on February 12, 2022, 10:53:51 PM
Name one as poor.

Is the better team not the team that scores the most by the end of the game?

At the end of the 'game' it was level. Kilmacud ' the best team' allowed the worst team to ever win the all Ireland club final to get back to draw the game, then the best team won out
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

6th sam

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 12, 2022, 07:38:41 PM
So many games on today!! Looking forward to both these games, fancy Ballygunner, they seem to be on a mission and for me Ballyhale have used up so many of their lives during this year's campaign, but they have it in their locker to click.

Kilcoo should, should win today, though I didn't fancy Kilmacud to get to the final they have a punchers chance, maybe another draw and win in extra time for Kilcoo but I feel it's their year

I'm not going to say I told you so!!

Quality MR, fair play👍

Milltown Row2

Quote from: 6th sam on February 12, 2022, 11:07:46 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 12, 2022, 07:38:41 PM
So many games on today!! Looking forward to both these games, fancy Ballygunner, they seem to be on a mission and for me Ballyhale have used up so many of their lives during this year's campaign, but they have it in their locker to click.

Kilcoo should, should win today, though I didn't fancy Kilmacud to get to the final they have a punchers chance, maybe another draw and win in extra time for Kilcoo but I feel it's their year

I'm not going to say I told you so!!

Quality MR, fair play👍

13/2 for the draw.... Backed Ballygunner and Kilcoo for a win but on bet365 they allow extra time😂

snoopdog

Enthralling game. To say kilmacud were the best team yet they only scored 4 pts I think from ht to end of et. Kilcoo yes a fortunate goal from a 45 but they got the win playing as poor as I've ever seen and they are fitting all Ireland champions.  A  section of kilmacud fans booing frees and cheering misses was uncalled for. But they were quiet when the cup was being lifted. Congrats Kilcoo, All Ireland champions

brokencrossbar1

Very little between the 2 teams. Kilcoo really struggled to get into the game and were matched by Kilmacuds work rate. They were lucky to stay in the game during normal time but I genuinely felt that they would step on in extra time. Fair play to Kilmacud they continued to match them and were a better 'football' team.

The difference between the teams was decision making at key moments. The keeper should never have been out there. He had notions about what he could do but he's no Beggan or Morgan. He should have stayed on the 21 to be an outlet to play the ball back to. By going out to take the ball and then try to burst through where it had just come from he limited his options hence why he hoofed it. Even then Kilmacud had options. I was shouting at the telly for someone to take a card and pull the Kilcoo man down. It would have made no odds in the general run of the game but would have won them an AI. They didn't have the mindset or composure. Once Kilcoo got the goal there was never going to be another real chance for Kilmacud. Kilcoo closed the game out, masters of it.

As for them being the worst team to win it that's a pile of nonsense. They were lucky yesterday to win it but you don't get to an AI final if you're not good. It's actually an insult to the teams they have beaten. They won it on merit and congratulations to them.

Orior

Quote from: seafoid on February 12, 2022, 10:05:21 PM
Great to see another Down team doing the business at Croke
Park.

The county team are in dire need, but not Kilcoo players can stop the fall to division 3
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

ardtole

Name one as poor.

I think its very unfair to say Kilmacud butchered a goal chance to go 9 ahead. Instead,  I thought it was remarkable piece of defending from Rooney, 100% committed and possibly the biggest turning point of the game, bar the last minute goal obviously.

snoopdog

Quote from: ardtole on February 13, 2022, 10:07:04 AM
Name one as poor.

I think its very unfair to say Kilmacud butchered a goal chance to go 9 ahead. Instead,  I thought it was remarkable piece of defending from Rooney, 100% committed and possibly the biggest turning point of the game, bar the last minute goal obviously.
And who knows what might have happened had Laverty took his goal chance early In 1st half.

Rossfan

IF.....
A great day for dramatic finishes yesterday.
Congrats to both winners, nice to see  AIs going to Waterford and to a small rural Club.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM