GAA moves goalposts on dodgy scores

Started by ziggysego, September 03, 2007, 10:07:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Donnellys Hollow

Quote from: dublinfella on January 13, 2011, 05:05:56 PM
But even to install this technology in all championship venues will be whopping.

The technology in tennis and cricket is sponsored so I don't see why the GAA couldn't do the same. I'm sure someone company like Specsavers would be only too willing to come on board.
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

Bogball XV

Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on January 13, 2011, 05:14:57 PM
Quote from: dublinfella on January 13, 2011, 05:05:56 PM
But even to install this technology in all championship venues will be whopping.

The technology in tennis and cricket is sponsored so I don't see why the GAA couldn't do the same. I'm sure someone company like Specsavers would be only too willing to come on board.
or the fbd insurance point

Bogball XV

Quote from: Kerry Mike on January 12, 2011, 04:09:14 PM
The truth is out there you just have to find it...

Munster GAA News
Visit the Munster Council GAA Web site at http://munster.gaa.ie

PRESS RELEASE

Score Detection Technology

The GAA can confirm that at the December 11 meeting of Coiste Bainistí a full feasibility study on the possible use of score detection technology was sanctioned and this is expected to be completed before May.

It was not envisaged at any stage that any such system would be used for the AIB GAA All-Ireland Club finals in March or for games in the 2011 season and reports to the contrary are inaccurate.

The roll out of the feasibility study will continue in the months ahead and no final decision will be taken on its possible use before further discussion at Coiste Bainistí and Ard Chomhairle.
somebody's telling porkies.