Total Members Voted: 157

Voting closed: January 26, 2023, 11:37:12 AM

Milltown Row2

Quote from: oakleaflad on January 30, 2023, 09:31:50 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 29, 2023, 08:46:07 PM
Quote from: Armagh18 on January 29, 2023, 08:33:58 PM
Quote from: Hoof Hearted on January 29, 2023, 08:18:57 PM
Quote from: Wildweasel74 on January 29, 2023, 07:10:13 PM
Result will not stand, simply because in the rulebook for the infringement the penalty is conceding the game, fine, replay. One too much, the other too light a punishment. Doesn't matter who's fault it is, that what it states.

This is my first comment on this
As stated above the penalty is conceding the game, fine OR a replay
On what grounds do they decide which penalty to issue ?
I mean 3 penalties for 1 infringement
You either break the rule or you don't
I suppose it depends on the level of the offence. Maybe if Mullin had actually caught the ball or made a block on the line a forfeit would have been in order, or if it could (not sure how though) be proven that KC intentionally played with an extra man. In this case a replay is probably fair. Maybe in Mannions case a fine would be a applicable for him being away from the action but still on the field.

Are we fining all clubs that have lads standing over the line now? Wow
Yeah, this has been happening for years, at least at Ulster club level onwards.

At club level normal, not at this end, even though the same rules apply throughout

I remember getting a list as manager when we were in Ulster and then onwards to Croke, the list of things you'll get fined for is so petty, it was a money making racket, as mentioned socks up on parade, only the squad numbered on the pitch even though you had a larger squad to work with.

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

seafoid

"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Armagh18

Quote from: trailer on January 30, 2023, 11:40:11 AM
So where's this replay everyone said was going to happen?
Meeting between Glen and KC tonight isnt there?

seafoid

I mo thuarim this is the best summary and how the CCCC are likely to see things. I can't see KC bringing in the culture war analysis and winning a fine.

https://www.irishtimes.com/sport/gaelic-games/2023/01/23/glen-express-disappointment-at-gaas-failure-to-review-breach-of-rules/

A rematch the likely resolution. Although Mullin had no material impact on the play that unfolded – he didn't touch the ball – there is a view that it's impossible to infer what would have happened had the correct number of players been on the field.

The calculation then is the balance of the contest, which at the time was a one-score match.

Fines have been levied previously when matches were essentially decided on the scoreboard but not when the result was still in doubt.

Referees' decisions are not disputable when it comes to match outcomes even if a mistake has been made. That was established by the DRA in the matter of Fr Casey's GAA club in Limerick back in 2005.

That does not however apply to situations like this, breach of match regulations, when the primary mistake is by the team itself in not making sure that they don't have too many players on the field.

nrico2006

The question going forward is do we start replaying games when there are faults made by officials? More serious ones that this happen all the time.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

tonto1888

Quote from: nrico2006 on January 30, 2023, 12:31:58 PM
The question going forward is do we start replaying games when there are faults made by officials? More serious ones that this happen all the time.

The issue here is that the rule book actually covers what happened with penalties stipulated. There is nothing to say there will be penalties if a ref doesn't give a penalty when he should or sends someone off wrongly etc.

seafoid

List the first 50 then

Armagh18

Most will be hard to prove unless the game is taped and even at that, we could argue all day over whether someone should have been red card, a penalty should have been given etc, etc.

shawshank

Quote from: trailer on January 30, 2023, 11:40:11 AM
So where's this replay everyone said was going to happen?

Don't come over yourself yet. Glen put in an appeal, KC had 3 days to object and then this evening both parties are invited to a meeting. Time

Baile Brigín 2

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on January 29, 2023, 05:55:54 PM
Quote from: SouthDublinBro on January 29, 2023, 05:26:09 PM
100% on the officials. The Club Champions should not be punished because the officials made a slight error on the day. Ireland didn't get a replay with France after Henry's handball.

KC get away with this without sanction, and through the GAA's wilful blindness in following their own rules, then there is absolutely no deterrent on future transgressions -- ah sure, what's the worst could happen.
It's referee error. It happens

JoG2

It's one meeting I wouldn't want to be involved in. We talking a couple of committee members and a couple of senior players representing each (Crokes sending 3 players) ?

Armagh18

Quote from: JoG2 on January 30, 2023, 01:19:12 PM
It's one meeting I wouldn't want to be involved in. We talking a couple of committee members and a couple of senior players representing each (Crokes sending 3 players) ?
Wonder will they send Walsh and Mullin lol

Hound

Shane Walsh supposedly in Australia.

If it had finished level, was the plan for extra-time and penalties, or a replay?

seafoid

Appparently Mullin is going to stand at the door of the meeting room although he won't be a member of the 3 person representation.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: seafoid on January 30, 2023, 01:27:41 PM
Appparently Mullin is going to stand at the door of the meeting room although he won't be a member of the 3 person representation.

But the ref will blow his whistle and allow him to come on in... providing he gave the slip to the 4th official that is
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea