30 (19.1%)
No - Typical Nordies causing mischief as usual
21 (13.4%)
Should not have to. GAA HQ should already have called a replay
106 (67.5%)

Total Members Voted: 157

Voting closed: January 26, 2023, 11:37:12 AM

tonto1888

FWIW I don't think there should be a replay. I think there was a series of mistakes, nothing deliberate by anyone. I don't believe Glen have done anything wrong at all. The GAA need to look at this tho and learn from it. Put something in place to make sure it doesn't happen again.

Milltown Row2

David Gough discussed it in an article and believe it or not each time I'm GAA we make substitutions there are extra men on the pitch every time.

Sub'd player has to come off at centre line before the new player comes on, ain't rocket science
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

seafoid

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 29, 2023, 11:39:48 AM
David Gough discussed it in an article and believe it or not each time I'm GAA we make substitutions there are extra men on the pitch every time.

Sub'd player has to come off at centre line before the new player comes on, ain't rocket science
The plural of anecdote is not data. How many subbed players refuse to leave the pitch?
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

PadraicHenryPearse

Quote from: seafoid on January 29, 2023, 12:12:03 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 29, 2023, 11:39:48 AM

The plural of anecdote is not data. How many subbed players refuse to leave the pitch?

none

Milltown Row2

Even players that get 2 yellows stay on!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Baile Brigín 2

Quote from: tonto1888 on January 29, 2023, 10:56:50 AM
Quote from: full moon on January 28, 2023, 05:15:02 PM
Probably would be a replay but they are likely afraid of Crokes and the money/power they have. Also the Dublin media seem fully behind them, Philly McMahon calling out Glen today said they should be embarrassed.

Not sure if McMahon has much credibility he's running his mouth all the time now about stuff he knows nothing about. Irish media allow him the platform to attack Glen.

I like McMahon, always have, but what have Glen to be embarrassed about?
Running to committee as opposed to taking their beating

Walter Cronc

Philly should be more embarrassed being 8 points up in a AI club final and blowing it.

Armagh18

Quote from: Baile Brigín 2 on January 29, 2023, 01:04:05 PM
Probably would be a replay but they are likely afraid of Crokes and the money/power they have. Also the Dublin media seem fully behind them, Philly McMahon calling out Glen today said they should be embarrassed.

Not sure if McMahon has much credibility he's running his mouth all the time now about stuff he knows nothing about. Irish media allow him the platform to attack Glen.

Catch a grip.

tonto1888

Quote from: Baile Brigín 2 on January 29, 2023, 01:04:05 PM

Absolute nonsense. Glen have nothing to be embarrassed about. They've done nothing wrong at all here

SouthDublinBro

100% on the officials. The Club Champions should not be punished because the officials made a slight error on the day. Ireland didn't get a replay with France after Henry's handball.

seafoid

It's either compliance or a culture war. Which is it ?

tyrone08

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: SouthDublinBro on January 29, 2023, 05:26:09 PM
100% on the officials. The Club Champions should not be punished because the officials made a slight error on the day. Ireland didn't get a replay with France after Henry's handball.

KC get away with this without sanction, and through the GAA's wilful blindness in following their own rules, then there is absolutely no deterrent on future transgressions -- ah sure, what's the worst could happen.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

Wildweasel74

Taking their beating. Why, the other team basically cheated. At this stage I say they afraid play Glen in a replay, as I think Glen would beat them.

seafoid

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on January 29, 2023, 05:55:54 PM
Quote from: SouthDublinBro on January 29, 2023, 05:26:09 PM

KC get away with this without sanction, and through the GAA's wilful blindness in following their own rules, then there is absolutely no deterrent on future transgressions -- ah sure, what's the worst could happen.
I can't see that happening . The story broke through into the general population. Everyone wants to know the next instalment.