Should not have to. GAA HQ should already have called a replay
106 (67.5%)

Total Members Voted: 157

Voting closed: January 26, 2023, 11:37:12 AM

Armagh18

Quote from: lenny on January 27, 2023, 07:14:34 AM
Quote from: seafoid on January 27, 2023, 07:00:14 AM
Quote from: SaffronSports on January 26, 2023, 11:43:45 PM
I was at the Mageean Cup final this year, SLG and St Killians. SLG were three ahead and St Killians had a free or a 65 on the blow, SLG made a sub and the player never went off. Came to nothing, whistle blew, SLG fans ran on the field and then the ref had to clear the field as he was blowing because he wanted it retaken. Retake happened and again came to nothing and SLG won.

Malachy O Rourke said he realised at the time and asked for a retake but the officials ignored it. That's inexcusable.

Also, Dara Mullin, I'm not buying he didn't know he was to come off. He stayed on and Kilmacud had 16 on so it's a clear breach.
That decision to ignore Malachy O'Rourke was a huge mistake. The GAA has been in crisis mode and all over the media all week as a result of it.
The irony is is that a replayed 45 with 15 versus 15 might have resulted in nothing. The whole situation is insane.

Malachy also said that Glen would accept the result and I'm pretty certain they still will. I think they just want the moral high ground and to be told they're entitled to a replay. I still think the rules are ambiguous and crokes could be given a fine. Despite what people have said here a fine is still an option for this minor transgression particularly since the main fault is unfortunately with the officials.
Disgraceful if O'Rourke said that to officials and was ignored, absolute disgrace. I don't see what good a fine does Glen ( who were wrong) or why punish Crokes in that way if they've done nothing wrong.

seafoid

I was at the Mageean Cup final this year, SLG and St Killians. SLG were three ahead and St Killians had a free or a 65 on the blow, SLG made a sub and the player never went off. Came to nothing, whistle blew, SLG fans ran on the field and then the ref had to clear the field as he was blowing because he wanted it retaken. Retake happened and again came to nothing and SLG won.

Malachy O Rourke said he realised at the time and asked for a retake but the officials ignored it. That's inexcusable.

Also, Dara Mullin, I'm not buying he didn't know he was to come off. He stayed on and Kilmacud had 16 on so it's a clear breach.
That decision to ignore Malachy O'Rourke was a huge mistake. The GAA has been in crisis mode and all over the media all week as a result of it.
The irony is is that a replayed 45 with 15 versus 15 might have resulted in nothing. The whole situation is insane.

Malachy also said that Glen would accept the result and I'm pretty certain they still will. I think they just want the moral high ground and to be told they're entitled to a replay. I still think the rules are ambiguous and crokes could be given a fine. Despite what people have said here a fine is still an option for this minor transgression particularly since the main fault is unfortunately with the officials.
Of course they will, especially given they have objected to it.
And of course it's a minor transgression according to the rules. Why did they only have 17 on the pitch if it was only for 2 seconds ? They could have had 40. It's inversely proportional to the time it takes to kick a ball.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Dreadnought

He said that immediately after, with all the details still not known at that time. And he is an outside manager. I'm not sure he speaks for the whole Glen club. I'd be very surprised if they went with this. Seeing as they lodged an objection 3 days ago suggest they do not agree with his response, which is fair enough since the details became known after.

Jeepers Creepers

Is this not we're Brollys point was relevant that O'Rourke isn't a Glen man and could potentially manage KC in the future?

seafoid

Quote from: Jeepers Creepers on January 27, 2023, 08:59:36 AM
Is this not we're Brollys point was relevant that O'Rourke isn't a Glen man and could potentially manage KC in the future?
I think that's overthinking it. He was asked in the spur of the moment and he couldn't speak on behalf of the club given what had happened.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: seafoid on January 27, 2023, 09:08:44 AM
Quote from: Jeepers Creepers on January 27, 2023, 08:59:36 AM
I think that's overthinking it. He was asked in the spur of the moment and he couldn't speak on behalf of the club given what had happened.

You've been over thinking a lot recently  ;D
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Rawhide

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 26, 2023, 11:21:47 PM
So McEntee got two yellows and stayed on the pitch and Cross won the final.. but I suppose that was before Twitter

No its because Cross won comfortably, Crokes didn't and no one will ever know the outcome in that last period without that extra player they had, who was standing on the goal line.
cccc is a true supporter lol

rodney trotter

Malachy O Rouke was just giving an opinion. The players and committee hardly had time to delegate with him straight after the final whistle.

seafoid

Former ref Maurice Deegan on the mess and what sort of changes may ne necessary

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b15gLkEs7eE&t=3420s

Mike Tyson

Quote from: Rawhide on January 27, 2023, 09:37:00 AM
So McEntee got two yellows and stayed on the pitch and Cross won the final.. but I suppose that was before Twitter

No its because Cross won comfortably, Crokes didn't and no one will ever know the outcome in that last period without that extra player they had, who was standing on the goal line.

It was a draw at the time of the sending off - no one will ever know the outcome in that last 10 minutes without the extra player Cross had, who was arguably their best forward.

Taylor

Quote from: Mike Tyson on January 27, 2023, 10:24:17 AM

It was a draw at the time of the sending off - no one will ever know the outcome in that last 10 minutes without the extra player Cross had, who was arguably their best forward.

Not sure why people are comparing this.
The referee didnt send the player off - this is down to one individual error.

KC had 16 players on the field due to a number of errors. Referee, linesman, KC officials, player entering the field, player not leaving the field (if indeed he knew he was to be taken off)

yellowcard

Quote from: Taylor on January 27, 2023, 10:38:27 AM

KC had 16 players on the field due to a number of errors. Referee, linesman, KC officials, player entering the field, player not leaving the field (if indeed he knew he was to be taken off)

An extra man for 10 minutes in a game that was level at the time due to a refereeing error, I can only imagine the outrage and fury that would result if that happened now. Social media has a lot to answer for.

seafoid

Why didn't KC put the subs on earlier? I think there was an element of gamesmanship involved , even though KC are clearly the victims in all of this due to entrenched anti Dublin bias.

Milltown Row2

So breaking the rules regardless of the score is ok? Hmm wasn't getting that from the previous posts
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

nrico2006

Quote from: Taylor on January 27, 2023, 10:38:27 AM

It's been compared as it is a similar event. You could fire a number of your errors you listed in with what happened to McEntee too, e.g. Cross officials, player not leaving the field. So it's inaccurate to say that was due to only one error. And what has the number of errors got to do with it anyway?
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'