The DUP thread

Started by armaghniac, December 31, 2022, 05:22:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Feckitt

This framework is all bullshit anyway.  The real problem is as obvious as the nose on your face.  THEY WON'T SHARE POWER WITH A FENIAN FIRST MINISTER

AustinPowers

Quote from: smort on March 22, 2023, 03:03:45 PM
Only 29 against, that is a laughable figure. Honestly thought there would be a sizeable minority that could give some, albeit minor, credence to the DUP position but it's over for them

What's next though, I just don't know. Think the GFA is done, we need to move to a coalition of the willing

Yup, should have  happened  20 years ago.  If Stormont  is to function  in any way , that is what needs to happen . Otherwise , knock it down (I still  need that rubble)

square_ball

Ian Og also using his time wisely at Westminster by getting stickers made up. These cnuts need chased. Unfortunately they are are going to be around for the foreseeable.

https://twitter.com/naomi_long/status/1638543409693483008?s=20

johnnycool

Quote from: square_ball on March 22, 2023, 02:51:55 PM
At least Jim Shannon is using his influence at Westminster for good things. Putting a motion in to honour Dolly Parton on the 50th anniversary for one of her songs  ::)

Jim is my MP and he really is SPECIAL.   ;)

Sportacus

Only 22 Conservative MPs voted against the Stormont Brake. The Tories have moved on, just a cabal of Johnston, Truss, Rees Mogg, Francois and a few other headers left.  DUP are in no man's land.

93-DY-SAM

Quote from: Feckitt on March 22, 2023, 03:38:25 PM
This framework is all bullshit anyway.  The real problem is as obvious as the nose on your face.  THEY WON'T SHARE POWER WITH A FENIAN FIRST MINISTER

Of course, it is. If you go back through this thread (and the old DUP thread which BTW did we ever figure out what happened it?) you'll see people say this time and time again. The DUP are supremacists with a supremacist history and mindset. That will never change so long as they exist. I don't know why they are not being called out on this by journalists instead of being facilitated by the likes of Nolan etc. They want a wall around the border which could never be high enough or wide enough armed with Brit soldiers to keep pesky Fenians in their place. They thought Brexit would deliver this. A shower of more hateful c***ts you will be hard-pressed to find anywhere else. 

Armamike

Quote from: Sportacus on March 22, 2023, 04:05:35 PM
Only 22 Conservative MPs voted against the Stormont Brake. The Tories have moved on, just a cabal of Johnston, Truss, Rees Mogg, Francois and a few other headers left.  DUP are in no man's land.

The lunatic fringe.  They will become increasingly isolated.  It's all games anyway with the DUP. They'll string it out for a while and eventually come back. 
That's just, like your opinion man.

Sportacus

Quote from: Armamike on March 22, 2023, 04:11:16 PM
Quote from: Sportacus on March 22, 2023, 04:05:35 PM

The lunatic fringe.  They will become increasingly isolated.  It's all games anyway with the DUP. They'll string it out for a while and eventually come back.
I agree.  The only thing on the mind of the average Tory MP is saving their skin in next years election and wasting time on the DUP isn't in the equation.  Jeffrey still on a hook, all they are doing is hanging onto their hard core support but it's all tactics and no strategy.

smort

JC they are talking about this Shannon motion on Evening Extra! It's ludicrous!

johnnycool

Quote from: smort on March 22, 2023, 04:31:27 PM
JC they are talking about this Shannon motion on Evening Extra! It's ludicrous!

The man hasn't got the brains to tie his own shoe laces... A stooge if ever there was one but they needed someone quick after Iris was playing offside.

imtommygunn

Not that big a stooge looking at his expenses  :( Bigger expenses than Ian Og IIRC.

johnnycool

Quote from: imtommygunn on March 22, 2023, 04:43:44 PM
Not that big a stooge looking at his expenses  :( Bigger expenses than Ian Og IIRC.

Aye, he knows how to line his pockets, always did.

I'd always had him down as a farm labourer but then noticed his dodgyness and this came back to me;

"Shannon was educated at Ballywalter Primary School and Coleraine Academical Institution. He was a soldier in the Ulster Defence Regiment in 1973–1975 and 1976–1977 and was awarded the General Service Medal. He served in the Royal Artillery TA from 1977 to 1988. He was expelled from the Territorial Army along with two of his colleagues after the theft of a replica Blowpipe missile by loyalists associated with the Ulster Resistance paramilitary group. The group intented to give the missile system to Apartheid South Africa in exchange for weapons.[3] He is a member of the Orange Order and Apprentice Boys of Derry."

yellowcard

At least Jim Shannon is using his influence at Westminster for good things. Putting a motion in to honour Dolly Parton on the 50th anniversary for one of her songs  ::)

Deliberately done to try and deflect from the resounding defeat of the WF vote. Taking the people for fools. 

johnnycool

Quote from: yellowcard on March 22, 2023, 05:29:19 PM

Deliberately done to try and deflect from the resounding defeat of the WF vote. Taking the people for fools.

You're giving Jim too much credit, trust me.

yellowcard

Quote from: johnnycool on March 22, 2023, 05:51:22 PM
Quote from: yellowcard on March 22, 2023, 05:29:19 PM

You're giving Jim too much credit, trust me.

Maybe so, he does come across as a bit of a simpleton alright. Lacking in self awareness and utterly shameless are traits most associated with Wilson, Paisley, Poots and Foster so perhaps Shannon needs to be added to the list as well.