The DUP thread

Started by armaghniac, December 31, 2022, 05:22:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

imtommygunn

there's no way the EU and the british government would agree to exactly what the DUP want. In fact tbh they don't even know what they want or they know what they want can't be articulated in public without them looking like a very backward bunch of bigots.

If they agree to what the DUP want, aka a hard border, then that would mean a republican return to war too you would imagine.

marty34

This all boils down to one thing and one thing only - a nationalist first minister.  That's the long and short or it.

The Protocol was about for a good while before the unionists decided to tackle it head on.

I wonder why?

JPGJOHNNYG

So other than the DUP and a few cranks in the Tory party, will anyone else vote against it? It's going to be ridiculously one sided and Jeff et al will look like clowns yet again.

LeoMc

It is just a token. They can show they voted against the perfidious WA but the Tories stabbed them in the back so they need to go into Stormont to stop RishIRA Sunak and his ToIRA party from doing it again.

93-DY-SAM

Quote from: screenexile on March 20, 2023, 04:22:05 PM
Quote from: Eire90 on March 20, 2023, 04:21:16 PM
would joint authority not  mean a loyalist return to war.

They'll go clean mad but they've only themselves to blame!

We keep hearing about this loyalist return to violence. Who are they going to be waging this war against? Just an excuse for them to start murdering innocent Catholics.

seafoid

Quote from: marty34 on March 20, 2023, 04:35:00 PM
This all boils down to one thing and one thing only - a nationalist first minister.  That's the long and short or it.

The Protocol was about for a good while before the unionists decided to tackle it head on.

I wonder why?
I agree totally. The WF has 3% exposure to EU law. Whining about it does not make sense except as a way of avoiding going into government under SF.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

yellowcard

Quote from: 93-DY-SAM on March 20, 2023, 04:46:42 PM

We keep hearing about this loyalist return to violence. Who are they going to be waging this war against? Just an excuse for them to start murdering innocent Catholics.

The threat of loyalist violence does get overstated somewhat. It's like the lad in school that keeps on telling you he is going to hit you but never actually does anything about it. Its largely used for political leverage as was the case with the flag protests, the riots and the protocol protests. If they start up again it would only bring a lot more heat on them and shine a light on their other more nefarious activities which are more important to those at the top of those organisations. Those groups like to create intimidation and fear and are more concerned with controlling communities and making money from extortion, racketeering and the sale of narcotics.   

johnnycool

Quote from: yellowcard on March 20, 2023, 05:28:28 PM
Quote from: 93-DY-SAM on March 20, 2023, 04:46:42 PM

The threat of loyalist violence does get overstated somewhat. It's like the lad in school that keeps on telling you he is going to hit you but never actually does anything about it. Its largely used for political leverage as was the case with the flag protests, the riots and the protocol protests. If they start up again it would only bring a lot more heat on them and shine a light on their other more nefarious activities which are more important to those at the top of those organisations. Those groups like to create intimidation and fear and are more concerned with controlling communities and making money from extortion, racketeering and the sale of narcotics.

They're going to march on their Sovereign Gov in Westminster who exercised it's new found sovereign powers annexing part of the UK into the clutches of the EU and the dirty Taigs in Dublin.

imtommygunn

Since day one it has been an over amplified minority wrt loyalists and violence.

I would expect some of them might get uppety but the vocal minority are pawns for Habib and all those other clowns who blatantly stand to make money from Brexit.

RadioGAAGAA

Quote from: AustinPowers on March 20, 2023, 02:11:07 PM
Well , I'm in need  of some rubble for  a laneway so I'm hoping  they knock down Stormont

I wouldn't recommend it.

First bit of pressure and ye just know it'd collapse on ye.

Then you'd have to do it all over again.
i usse an speelchekor

seafoid

https://www.irishtimes.com/opinion/2023/03/18/boardrooms-of-corporate-america-gearing-up-to-support-peace-again/

The message that the North can look forward to a "decade of investment" if political stability returns is being made publicly and – rather more forcefully, one imagines – privately. The boardrooms of corporate America are gearing up again. The three governments – once again in lockstep, at least on this issue – are pressing the point home. If the institutions are revived and function effectively and sensibly, then there will be tangible economic benefits for Northern Ireland and its people. But to unlock this, the DUP needs to accept the Windsor Framework .
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Orior

The DUP won't go back to Stormont so as to pressure the British government to fix the Windsor Agreement.

But they're happy with direct rule by the same British government that agreed the Windsor Agreement with the EU.

Nice one Jeff.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Nanderson

Does anyone know what loyalists are actually loyal to? They aren't loyal to the UK government because they don't listen to what they say to them and don't agree with any laws they make for NI e.g. abortion laws. They aren't loyal to the crown as they are going against this Windsor framework that has King Charles blessing.

Brendan

Quote from: Nanderson on March 20, 2023, 08:46:36 PM
Does anyone know what loyalists are actually loyal to? They aren't loyal to the UK government because they don't listen to what they say to them and don't agree with any laws they make for NI e.g. abortion laws. They aren't loyal to the crown as they are going against this Windsor framework that has King Charles blessing.

For Drugs and Ulster

thebar

What a carry on. Honestly don't care much about politics but this crowd are something else. Don't give one shit about any one of us or helping a soul other than themselves. Really sad and with young kids now pisses me of even more so.