seafoid

"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Hoof Hearted

2. Slaughtneil perhaps, although i think that ship may have sailed
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

Milltown Row2

Quote from: seafoid on November 11, 2022, 08:14:34 PM
1. Clann na nGael, Roscommon

Beat us in semifinal with last kick of the game early 80's, think they lost 3 finals?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Blowitupref

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 11, 2022, 08:52:17 PM
Quote from: seafoid on November 11, 2022, 08:14:34 PM
1. Clann na nGael, Roscommon

Beat us in semifinal with last kick of the game early 80's, think they lost 3 finals?

Lost 5 All Ireland finals.  1983,87,88.89,90

Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

SaffronSports

Would love to see Dunloy or Cushendall win the senior hurling at some point.

seafoid

"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

imtommygunn

They haven't won county since what the 80s. About as much chance as us winning Liam McCarthy! Dunloy should breakthrough eventually and I would expect a challenge or two but Ballyhale, ballygunner, na piarsagh and usually what comes from Galway are a bit much.

Cushendall about to drop off when McManus goes or slows down.

Hoof Hearted

Quote from: Hoof Hearted on November 11, 2022, 08:24:08 PM
2. Slaughtneil perhaps, although i think that ship may have sailed

If slaughtneil won ulster  club SHC this year, can they be considered in both codes ?
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

Saffrongael

Quote from: imtommygunn on November 11, 2022, 09:52:22 PM
They haven't won county since what the 80s. About as much chance as us winning Liam McCarthy! Dunloy should breakthrough eventually and I would expect a challenge or two but Ballyhale, ballygunner, na piarsagh and usually what comes from Galway are a bit much.

Dunloy the best club team I have seen come out of Ulster, obviously Loughgiel won the big one but that Dunloy team of the 90s (and the early 2000s team) where brilliant
Let no-one say the best hurlers belong to the past. They are with us now, and better yet to come

SaffronSports

Quote from: imtommygunn on November 11, 2022, 09:52:22 PM

This current Dunloy team need to break the duck in Ulster which is easier said than done obviously as the Slaughtneil hurlers are one hell of a team.

I would have loved to see Neil McManus win one with Cushendall but yeah he will be a massive loss for them when he goes. They had an excellent Feile team this year but obviously those lads are a few years away and at most underage levels Loughgiel are doing very well.

On Loughgiel, I'd love to see their camogs get an All-Ireland. Some seriously quality players but have just ran into what is an excellent Slaughtneil team over the years.

general_lee

Is there an argument that the Ulster SHC winners have a much handier route into the AI series? A bit like the Kerry footballers, not much competition in the provincial series. Antrim, Derry, Down the only three counties capable of producing senior club hurling.

Wildweasel74

Eire Og of Carlow, great team mid 90's. Beat  2 finals, Somebody already mentioned the roscommon team which I think lost 4.

SaffronSports

Quote from: general_lee on November 12, 2022, 12:34:37 AM
Is there an argument that the Ulster SHC winners have a much handier route into the AI series? A bit like the Kerry footballers, not much competition in the provincial series. Antrim, Derry, Down the only three counties capable of producing senior club hurling.

It might be an argument if Connacht didn't exist...

Heshs Umpire

Rathnure. Lost 5 All-Ireland finals.
And Mount Leinster Rangers.
Well I could keep it above
But then it wouldn't be sky anymore

shark

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on November 12, 2022, 12:51:33 AM
Eire Og of Carlow, great team mid 90's. Beat  2 finals, Somebody already mentioned the roscommon team which I think lost 4.

The final Eire Og lost to Skibberean was the one they probably should have won. I think 3 of the 4 remaining teams in Leinster this year would be first time provincial winners. But the 4th team will probably win it.