Previous topic - Next topic

imtommygunn

Quote from: yellowcard on December 12, 2022, 09:39:09 AM
Quote from: imtommygunn on December 12, 2022, 09:20:11 AM
Quote from: Armagh18 on December 12, 2022, 09:13:54 AM
Quote from: yellowcard on December 11, 2022, 09:59:34 PM
Quote from: Baile an tuaigh on December 11, 2022, 09:46:53 PM
Quote from: Armagh18 on December 11, 2022, 08:25:34 PM
Fair play to Glen, what a performance at the start then did enough to keep ahead. Looked that wee bit hungrier and fitter than Kilcoo. Thought Ward was a massive loss at half time. Glass with an inspirational block on Branagan late on.

Haven't read on here but what did everyone make of his interview, wonder what was said that went too far. Ward was at him the whole time

That was my thoughts as well. Ward going off took alot of drive out of kilcoo he was instrumental in their goal. Glass got the freedom of the park when Dylan left the Frey. He was carrying a hamstring injury going into the game so perhaps wasn't able to go full of the pipe either.

He should have received a straight red for a deliberate stamp.
Yeah he left one in on the lad then stood on him going past, then went down feeling the hamstring

What was he at with Glass's nose?

I only watched it back and while Glass was good I didn't think he was outstandingly good.

He was very good I thought, maybe not eye catchingly with high fetches and kicking points but defensively he covered an awful lot lot of ground. Also Kilcoo deliberately kept their kick outs away from him which allowed Glen to press the Kilcoo defence on short kick outs forcing some turnovers. He has been the best player in this Ulster club championship and plays the game the right way despite constant provocation.

Yeah he was very tightly marked first by Ward and then by number 5. He wasn't bad by any stretch at all but I don't think he was MOTM. Tbh it was a very mature performance from him was how I would best describe it.

Truth hurts

Quote from: Walter Cronc on December 12, 2022, 06:53:35 AM
Get in there!!! A shower of absolute gypsies. No wonder they are hated in Down.

Well done, what happened Conor Glass?

oakleaflad

McGuckian won the MOTM award on TG4 and deservedly so.

seafoid

Quote from: Armagh18 on December 12, 2022, 09:41:57 AM
Quote from: Nanderson on December 12, 2022, 07:20:08 AM
Hated or envied? Maybe a bit of both
Seems to be a bit of both tbh. No doubt they are a dirty shower that go too far, but then again nice boys don't win all irelands.
You do need a few tinkers but not 15

Armagh18

Quote from: seafoid on December 12, 2022, 10:21:32 AM
Quote from: Armagh18 on December 12, 2022, 09:41:57 AM
Quote from: Nanderson on December 12, 2022, 07:20:08 AM
Hated or envied? Maybe a bit of both
Seems to be a bit of both tbh. No doubt they are a dirty shower that go too far, but then again nice boys don't win all irelands.
You do need a few tinkers but not 15
Yeah look I've huge respect for what they've achieved as a small rural club, majority of  team related to each other as well and they are properly inspirational, but some of the stories you hear about what they be saying on the pitch is properly disgusting.

brokencrossbar1

I'd say Glass is referring to the incident where Ward seemed to pull him down in midfield from behind and gouged at his nose etc. Was a trampy act. He followed that up with a stamp and then lay down as if he was hurt and you could see him looking up before he lay down. I think that was checking who saw what.

While I have sympathy for Glass and his honesty in what he said I would be of the opinion that when you lose say nothing, when you win say even less. Those types of comments are fuel for teams like Kilcoo. The same way they were for us over the years. Siege mentality created and away ye go.

Kilcoo will be back though there are an awful lot of miles on legs. Momentum has taken them to this point. There's an awful lot needed to reset. Teams in Down will fancy their chances, though I still think they will win out the next few years. Ulster is resetting though and Glen will be there for a few years yet.

Truth hurts

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on December 12, 2022, 11:00:10 AM
I'd say Glass is referring to the incident where Ward seemed to pull him down in midfield from behind and gouged at his nose etc. Was a trampy act. He followed that up with a stamp and then lay down as if he was hurt and you could see him looking up before he lay down. I think that was checking who saw what.

While I have sympathy for Glass and his honesty in what he said I would be of the opinion that when you lose say nothing, when you win say even less. Those types of comments are fuel for teams like Kilcoo. The same way they were for us over the years. Siege mentality created and away ye go.

Kilcoo will be back though there are an awful lot of miles on legs. Momentum has taken them to this point. There's an awful lot needed to reset. Teams in Down will fancy their chances, though I still think they will win out the next few years. Ulster is resetting though and Glen will be there for a few years yet.

They will still be the team to beat for sure but there are a few teams capable on beating them on their day.

Eire90

Their is nothing wrong with playing defensive or aggressive high pressure jackie charlton played high pressure but once you get violent you over step the mark.

Keyser soze

Quote from: seafoid on December 11, 2022, 01:23:34 PM
Loads of hold ups.

I only seen one lad wearing these but assumed they were tights rather than stockings, the kinky f**ker. 

SHEEDY

Reading this thread you'd think Kilcoo are the first team to sail close to the wind regarding challenges and verbals. All successful teams, club or county have players that play on the edge, you win nothing by being nice guys.

Tyrone, Armagh, Crossmaglen had plenty of players who could mix it, loved by their own, hated by everyone else. Kilcoo and Glen and every other successful club team have plenty of players who are experts in the dark arts, reading this you'd get the impression it's a new thing we're witnessing.
nil satis nisi optimum

thebuzz

Quote from: SHEEDY on December 12, 2022, 12:41:40 PM
Reading this thread you'd think Kilcoo are the first team to sail close to the wind regarding challenges and verbals. All successful teams, club or county have players that play on the edge, you win nothing by being nice guys.

Tyrone, Armagh, Crossmaglen had plenty of players who could mix it, loved by their own, hated by everyone else. Kilcoo and Glen and every other successful club team have plenty of players who are experts in the dark arts, reading this you'd get the impression it's a new thing we're witnessing.

Maybe it's my Derry tinted glasses but I thought Kilcoo were far more trampish in this game than Glen. As far as I can see if Glen are playing a team who want to play football they'll try to play football too.

thewobbler

It's not that is a new thing, more that Kilcoo are extremely blatant about it. Their collective understanding  and willingness for just how far the rules of the game can be bent in your favour, is unparalleled.

Armagh18

I always admire players like that and definitely admire this Kilcoo team but they seem to be a whole different level when it comes to the dark arts and sledging, near as bad as Tyrone!! ;)

Ghost

Mighty first 10-15 from the wattys was the catalyst in an impressive victory. 5 point head starts aren't ideal against anyone but especially against a team as dynamic as glen.

Penalrt miss was a real turning point too, been some kick in the balls for glen to go in behind after controlling the 1st half and kilcoo heads would have been up but it resulted in the opposite. Kilcoo never really look like winning at any stage from there on in.

Laverty's legs look to have gone completely. Shame as he's a class act on and off the pitch.

brokencrossbar1

I'll be honest but Kilcoo are no different to many teams in that they sail close to the wind. I'm sure they give the verbals plenty but that's been going on since God was a gassun. We did it and we received it. Your mother, your sister, ye Brit so and so,  the usual. You just get in with it.

Was talking with a few of us older players there recently and we talked about how we get friendlier with ex opponents the further away you go from your playing days. When you meet lads now at under age blitz's and the like who you'd have bate the head off on the field it's all history. I'd like to think that will always be the case. Toe to toe on the field but pint by pint in the club.