Ulster club championship

Started by charlieTully, October 30, 2022, 10:45:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

imtommygunn

Quote from: Saul goodman on December 11, 2022, 08:49:20 PM
Quote from: Armagh18 on December 11, 2022, 08:25:34 PM
Fair play to Glen, what a performance at the start then did enough to keep ahead. Looked that wee bit hungrier and fitter than Kilcoo. Thought Ward was a massive loss at half time. Glass with an inspirational block on Branagan late on.

Haven't read on here but what did everyone make of his interview, wonder what was said that went too far. Ward was at him the whole time

I saw the interview and was at the game but with so much going on hard to see the incident(s) he was referring to it would be a good game to watch back on TG4

I would say it was the thing with his nose. I just watched the game back and saw it. Ward did a fairly hefty pull on his nose from behind him when he was falling to the ground. I read on Twitter glass's nose was broke, possibly before it, but not sure. Both teams at stuff but ward at a few very below the belt things. Don't know anything about him so not like I have any axe to grind!

Eire90

who do glen play in semi final 

Gabriel_Hurl

LeoMc

Walter Cronc

Get in there!!! A shower of absolute gypsies. No wonder they are hated in Down.

quit yo jibbajabba

Walter just getting in from the after party 😃

Nanderson

Quote from: Walter Cronc on December 12, 2022, 06:53:35 AM
Hated or envied? Maybe a bit of both

Armagh18

Quote from: yellowcard on December 11, 2022, 09:11:15 PM
Fair play to Glen, what a performance at the start then did enough to keep ahead. Looked that wee bit hungrier and fitter than Kilcoo. Thought Ward was a massive loss at half time. Glass with an inspirational block on Branagan late on.

Haven't read on here but what did everyone make of his interview, wonder what was said that went too far. Ward was at him the whole time

You could see Ward giving Glass constant verbals during the first half so I'd say that was what he was referring to. They tried to provoke Glass but it didn't work, he was magnificent again.
Yeah probably the difference in this year and last, they were able to keep Glass half quiet last year but he was superb yesterday.

Armagh18

Quote from: yellowcard on December 11, 2022, 09:59:34 PM
Quote from: Baile an tuaigh on December 11, 2022, 09:46:53 PM

That was my thoughts as well. Ward going off took alot of drive out of kilcoo he was instrumental in their goal. Glass got the freedom of the park when Dylan left the Frey. He was carrying a hamstring injury going into the game so perhaps wasn't able to go full of the pipe either.

He should have received a straight red for a deliberate stamp.
Yeah he left one in on the lad then stood on him going past, then went down feeling the hamstring

Kidder81

Quote from: Armagh18 on December 12, 2022, 09:12:32 AM
Quote from: yellowcard on December 11, 2022, 09:11:15 PM

You could see Ward giving Glass constant verbals during the first half so I'd say that was what he was referring to. They tried to provoke Glass but it didn't work, he was magnificent again.
Yeah probably the difference in this year and last, they were able to keep Glass half quiet last year but he was superb yesterday.

6/10 from Brendan Crossan in the Irish News, not that he would have the first clue

imtommygunn

Quote from: Armagh18 on December 12, 2022, 09:13:54 AM

That was my thoughts as well. Ward going off took alot of drive out of kilcoo he was instrumental in their goal. Glass got the freedom of the park when Dylan left the Frey. He was carrying a hamstring injury going into the game so perhaps wasn't able to go full of the pipe either.

Yeah he left one in on the lad then stood on him going past, then went down feeling the hamstring

What was he at with Glass's nose?

I only watched it back and while Glass was good I didn't think he was outstandingly good.

Armagh18

Quote from: imtommygunn on December 11, 2022, 10:37:51 PM
Quote from: Saul goodman on December 11, 2022, 08:49:20 PM

I saw the interview and was at the game but with so much going on hard to see the incident(s) he was referring to it would be a good game to watch back on TG4

I would say it was the thing with his nose. I just watched the game back and saw it. Ward did a fairly hefty pull on his nose from behind him when he was falling to the ground. I read on Twitter glass's nose was broke, possibly before it, but not sure. Both teams at stuff but ward at a few very below the belt things. Don't know anything about him so not like I have any axe to grind!
Yeah that was nasty enough

imtommygunn

Ai if a boy is at that kind of caper it would be very hard to have any respect for him.

yellowcard

Quote from: imtommygunn on December 12, 2022, 09:20:11 AM
Quote from: Armagh18 on December 12, 2022, 09:13:54 AM

What was he at with Glass's nose?

I only watched it back and while Glass was good I didn't think he was outstandingly good.

He was very good I thought, maybe not eye catchingly with high fetches and kicking points but defensively he covered an awful lot lot of ground. Also Kilcoo deliberately kept their kick outs away from him which allowed Glen to press the Kilcoo defence on short kick outs forcing some turnovers. He has been the best player in this Ulster club championship and plays the game the right way despite constant provocation.

Armagh18

Quote from: Nanderson on December 12, 2022, 07:20:08 AM
Quote from: Walter Cronc on December 12, 2022, 06:53:35 AM
Hated or envied? Maybe a bit of both
Seems to be a bit of both tbh. No doubt they are a dirty shower that go too far, but then again nice boys don't win all irelands.