Ulster club championship

Started by charlieTully, October 30, 2022, 10:45:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Armagh18

Quote from: Mikhailov on December 11, 2022, 08:03:53 PM
Quote from: tyroneman on December 11, 2022, 02:21:35 PM
McQuillan doesn't apear to put much stock in the rule that prevents you sticking your foot in when a player is dipping for the ball.

Poor poor referee. Seems to also have forgot that a pull down is a black card. Several players on both teams got away with that type of tackle all day long. A woeful referee to be honest.

Always inconsistent, fouls called for an offence then not called for sane offence later in the game - no wonder players get frustrated when he is the referee
He is woeful

Sportacus

Quote from: seafoid on December 11, 2022, 08:07:01 PM
Naming the club after Watty Graham was a touch of class. Watty was a Presbyterian from the area who rose up in 1798 and was executed by the Brits. Great to see him remembered.
Always wondered about that.  It's a unique name. Gregory Campbell must be torn.

Armagh18

Fair play to Glen, what a performance at the start then did enough to keep ahead. Looked that wee bit hungrier and fitter than Kilcoo. Thought Ward was a massive loss at half time. Glass with an inspirational block on Branagan late on.

Haven't read on here but what did everyone make of his interview, wonder what was said that went too far. Ward was at him the whole time

Saul goodman

Quote from: Armagh18 on December 11, 2022, 08:25:34 PM
Fair play to Glen, what a performance at the start then did enough to keep ahead. Looked that wee bit hungrier and fitter than Kilcoo. Thought Ward was a massive loss at half time. Glass with an inspirational block on Branagan late on.

Haven't read on here but what did everyone make of his interview, wonder what was said that went too far. Ward was at him the whole time

I saw the interview and was at the game but with so much going on hard to see the incident(s) he was referring to it would be a good game to watch back on TG4

seafoid

Quote from: Sportacus on December 11, 2022, 08:20:57 PM
Quote from: seafoid on December 11, 2022, 08:07:01 PM
Naming the club after Watty Graham was a touch of class. Watty was a Presbyterian from the area who rose up in 1798 and was executed by the Brits. Great to see him remembered.
Always wondered about that.  It's a unique name. Gregory Campbell must be torn.
At that time the Presbyterians often sided with the Catholics. The rising scared the authorities and resulted in the Act of Union which brought Presbyterians onto the British side. The DUP became possible and the rest is awful history.

yellowcard

You could see Ward giving Glass constant verbals during the first half so I'd say that was what he was referring to. They tried to provoke Glass but it didn't work, he was magnificent again.

tbrick18

Glen the better footballers, Kilcoo are the dirtiest team I've seen in a long time.
Not just dirt, but some downright dangerous play.

Glen fully deserved winners.

Love to see them go all the way, I just hope they can get enough scores

Glass absolutely immense. Shaping up to be one of those footballers of a generation.

Stevie Nicks

Well done glen, superb ulster champions and hope they bring the Andy merrigan cup back to the province!!
Kilcoo have been top class ulster and all ireland champions and have given their club some unbelievable memories that won't be taken away!

yellowcard

No reason why Glen can't win it now. I think it's between them and Kilmacud but these games is where the experience of Malachy O'Rourke could prove vital. They have the best manager left in the competition with a very good group of players and the football tends to be more open once you get out of the bearpit of Ulster. That might suit them but they will need more improvement up front as they don't score that heavily.

Wildweasel74

Kilmacud looked the strongest team all year, won Leinster fairly handy with the stand out forward left. Had Mannion been playing they wouldn't been stopped.

Champion The Wonder Horse

Did Conor Carville think he won the Andy Merrigan Cup today?

Anyhow, delighted for our neighbours, very deserving winners.

Baile an tuaigh

That was my thoughts as well. Ward going off took alot of drive out of kilcoo he was instrumental in their goal. Glass got the freedom of the park when Dylan left the Frey. He was carrying a hamstring injury going into the game so perhaps wasn't able to go full of the pipe either.

yellowcard

Quote from: Baile an tuaigh on December 11, 2022, 09:46:53 PM

That was my thoughts as well. Ward going off took alot of drive out of kilcoo he was instrumental in their goal. Glass got the freedom of the park when Dylan left the Frey. He was carrying a hamstring injury going into the game so perhaps wasn't able to go full of the pipe either.

He should have received a straight red for a deliberate stamp.

Mikhailov

Quote from: Saul goodman on December 11, 2022, 08:49:20 PM

I saw the interview and was at the game but with so much going on hard to see the incident(s) he was referring to it would be a good game to watch back on TG4

I was at the game and have since came home and watched it again. The tv doesn't do the intensity or ferocity justice to be honest. There were incidents happening all over the place but the tv is following the play. The intensity in the last 15 minutes was incredible both on the pitch and in the stand.
Glen's start was something else, they had serious intent early on and deserved their win.

Stevie Nicks

Quote from: Mikhailov on December 11, 2022, 10:00:55 PM
Quote from: Saul goodman on December 11, 2022, 08:49:20 PM

I was at the game and have since came home and watched it again. The tv doesn't do the intensity or ferocity justice to be honest. There were incidents happening all over the place but the tv is following the play. The intensity in the last 15 minutes was incredible both on the pitch and in the stand.
Glen's start was something else, they had serious intent early on and deserved their win.
💯 hi intensity game, a lot of stuff going on both ways and some no doubt crossed the line. Bottom line is Glens first 10 minutes won the game! Fair play, now go and win the AI and dethrone the already pronounced champions