Ulster club championship

Started by charlieTully, October 30, 2022, 10:45:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

smort

Very tough to manage that game, but with so many eyes to help he should be doing a better job

Wildweasel74

Don't know what the Down opinion of Kilcoo is, some very good players, but the play acting for killing time, the pulling glass by the neck going up for the ball, the cheap shot to the stomach then the deliberate stamp on the same player on the ground then lying pretending to be hurt. Not the most likely team, bit like Argentina in the soccer.

Sportacus

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 11, 2022, 01:42:17 PM
He's got 7 other officials all mic'd up and still missing things!!

In fairness that's a tough game to manage
It's a totally unacceptable refereeing performance but he'll get big game after big game for as long as he wants.  Mystifying.

yellowcard

This is a proper championship game maybe not in terms of quality but in terms of competitiveness and proper needle. The 2 sets of teams and supporters properly dislike each other. Kilcoo are masters of the dark arts and have employed them to their benefit in that first half with the time wasting, off the ball antics and treatment dished out to some of the Glen players. Glen were excellent until Kilcoo scored the goal out of the blue but they need to regain their composure quick as they have the better footballers. This could go down to the wire again and Ud be surprised if 30 men finish the game out.

AustinPowers

Is it just a coincidence , or  does every match joe mc quillan referees turn into an absolute circus?

Wildweasel74

Why would they dislike each other, they only met once previous.

Baile an tuaigh

Quote from: Blowitupref on December 11, 2022, 01:43:25 PM
Kilcoo could easily have led that half by 2 points even though they found themselves 0-5 to no score behind and played 10 minutes with 14 men. I suppose they showed why they are defending All-Ireland champions.

Joe seems to be losing control of the game already and can imagine it will become more difficult to ref 2nd half.

A hard game to referee but I agree with everything you say. Kilcoo have been in this position many times before and came out of it. Their not playing well and only a point down.

twohands!!!

Quote from: Smokin Joe on December 11, 2022, 01:43:02 PM
It would be a brutal game to ref

A massive problem is that the punishments in the GAA are so weak it just gives teams every incentive to foul and cheat.

Any team who goes out and doesn't cheat and foul is just handing the opposition a massive advantage.

Wildweasel74

There was like 4 mins played in that 10min black card spell.

general_lee

Kilcoo embrace the pantomime villain role well.
To only be a point behind despite being so poor is testament to how good they are in terms of game management (however unsavoury). They're playing on the edge and getting away with it - why wouldn't they if it's working?
I fairly enjoyed the first half, though I think Glen need to bring that level of cuteness to their game and fight fire with fire if they want to see this one out. The ref is poor although in fairness he did consult his umpires before awarding the penalty - can't really blame him for that? Likewise with Glass getting pulled down by the neck, ref wasn't looking at it so what can he do?

tbrick18

Good game, but by god Kilcoo are playing very close to the edge.
By my reckoning could have 2 on the line.
1 for a punch to the mid section and one for pulling glass down around the head.

AustinPowers

Quote from: tbrick18 on December 11, 2022, 01:47:37 PM
Good game, but by god Kilcoo are playing very close to the edge.
By my reckoning could have 2 on the line.
1 for a punch to the mid section and one for pulling glass down around the head.

Kilcoo No 9 stood on yer  man too. Clear red that was

Wildweasel74

The tackle on Glass particular bad as he high up been pulled bck down by the neck to very hard ground.

SHEEDY

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on December 11, 2022, 01:50:10 PM
The tackle on Glass particular bad as he high up been pulled bck down by the neck to very hard ground.
the tackle on Jerome Johnson when he was in the air was equally as dangerous
nil satis nisi optimum

Sportacus

Quote from: general_lee on December 11, 2022, 01:47:29 PM
Kilcoo embrace the pantomime villain role well.
To only be a point behind despite being so poor is testament to how good they are in terms of game management (however unsavoury). They're playing on the edge and getting away with it - why wouldn't they if it's working?
I fairly enjoyed the first half, though I think Glen need to bring that level of cuteness to their game and fight fire with fire if they want to see this one out. The ref is poor although in fairness he did consult his umpires before awarding the penalty - can't really blame him for that? Likewise with Glass getting pulled down by the neck, ref wasn't looking at it so what can he do?
But they were jumping for the ball - where the fcuk was he looking!