Quote from: nrico2006 on November 30, 2022, 08:23:18 PM
Quote from: RoundBall on November 30, 2022, 06:28:03 PM
Quote from: nrico2006 on November 30, 2022, 06:10:59 PM
Quote from: RoundBall on November 30, 2022, 06:01:01 PM
Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on November 30, 2022, 01:21:49 PM
Quote from: nrico2006 on November 30, 2022, 01:10:49 PM
Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on November 30, 2022, 12:26:11 PM
Quote from: nrico2006 on November 29, 2022, 10:00:59 PM
Hurling is the bigger joke. Donegal Champions constantly hitting Junior whereas the other equivalent counties go into Intermediate.

This exactly. But feck them, they had 8 blow ins and still didnt blow everyone away. Cheating hoors

Aye, but even Dungannon sneaking in this year was a low move too. Monaghan, Tyrone, Donegal, Armagh and Fermanagh champions should all be barred from entering the junior. Cavan are fair enough. As for Setanta, I counted 6 starters from outside the club and 2 subs.

Just thought they had a bad year(Dungannon)-difference is Tyrone still sent their champs intermediate and had 2 Ulster reps.

Kane, Gilmore, Cleary, Donaghue, Flynn, Coulter on starting team-not sure about subs.

Add to that McGettigan, Lafferty and McGee Connolly. On the bench Bellew, Ward, O'Reilly, McMenamin and Devine. Manager McGettigan is also an outside man although he played for Setanta for a while.

I thought out of your list Bellew and O'Reilly were the only two, apart from the manager.  No Devine there at all

McGettigan's, Bellew and O'Reilly are from Strabane, Lafferty and McGee Connolly Ballybofey/Mccumhaills, Ward is from Cork, McMenamin Castlefinn area. Devine may be injured, he's from Strabane or Clady, very good hurler.

Wonder if McGee Connolly and Lafferty have been there since younger days,  no issue with McMenamin as Castlefin is in the area and that's just who you would have to hurl for. Devine is from Strabane, he played a few games this season but don't think he committed.

Lafferty played a Senior Final or two in the last decade with McCumhaills and through underage. Unsure regarding McGee Connolly. Surprising Ward doesn't start, he is a fine hurler by all accounts.
An Ríocht Uí Néill

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: RoundBall on November 30, 2022, 08:36:08 PM
Hurling is the bigger joke. Donegal Champions constantly hitting Junior whereas the other equivalent counties go into Intermediate.

This exactly. But feck them, they had 8 blow ins and still didnt blow everyone away. Cheating hoors

Aye, but even Dungannon sneaking in this year was a low move too. Monaghan, Tyrone, Donegal, Armagh and Fermanagh champions should all be barred from entering the junior. Cavan are fair enough. As for Setanta, I counted 6 starters from outside the club and 2 subs.

Just thought they had a bad year(Dungannon)-difference is Tyrone still sent their champs intermediate and had 2 Ulster reps.

Kane, Gilmore, Cleary, Donaghue, Flynn, Coulter on starting team-not sure about subs.

Add to that McGettigan, Lafferty and McGee Connolly. On the bench Bellew, Ward, O'Reilly, McMenamin and Devine. Manager McGettigan is also an outside man although he played for Setanta for a while.

I thought out of your list Bellew and O'Reilly were the only two, apart from the manager.  No Devine there at all

McGettigan's, Bellew and O'Reilly are from Strabane, Lafferty and McGee Connolly Ballybofey/Mccumhaills, Ward is from Cork, McMenamin Castlefinn area. Devine may be injured, he's from Strabane or Clady, very good hurler.

Wonder if McGee Connolly and Lafferty have been there since younger days,  no issue with McMenamin as Castlefin is in the area and that's just who you would have to hurl for. Devine is from Strabane, he played a few games this season but don't think he committed.

Lafferty played a Senior Final or two in the last decade with McCumhaills and through underage. Unsure regarding McGee Connolly. Surprising Ward doesn't start, he is a fine hurler by all accounts.

He did start

RoundBall

Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on November 30, 2022, 08:40:14 PM
Quote from: RoundBall on November 30, 2022, 08:36:08 PM

He did start

Makes sense
An Ríocht Uí Néill

Silver hill

Have Dunloy improved from last year....have they any chance of beating Slaughtneil tomorrow?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Silver hill on December 03, 2022, 11:05:26 AM
Have Dunloy improved from last year....have they any chance of beating Slaughtneil tomorrow?

They have a chance surely but S'neil are the favourites... hoping it's a closer game, hopefully Dunloy physically have got closer, then it's down to the mangers getting the match ups right and tactics right.

Be a good game
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

imtommygunn

Nigel Elliot back a big addition for them. They're also a year stronger as a lot of the team are still quite young. Slaughtneil still favourites but hopefully Dunloy have something to say about that.

Kidder81

Quote from: imtommygunn on December 03, 2022, 02:37:43 PM

Nigel Elliot back a big addition for them. They're also a year stronger as a lot of the team are still quite young. Slaughtneil still favourites but hopefully Dunloy have something to say about that.

He was very poor in the County final

imtommygunn

Yeah he was well marked. Still a big asset with his pace.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: imtommygunn on December 03, 2022, 04:44:35 PM

Was unreal today, what's that they say,  Form is temporary but class is permanent

Winning ugly is still winning... it's taken a while but hopefully that's S'neil done, as they were tough cookies for a long time

The standard in Munster and Leinster is the benchmark at the minute, St Thomas will be favourites but I'd say it's going to be a close game
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 04, 2022, 07:01:28 PM
Quote from: imtommygunn on December 03, 2022, 04:44:35 PM

Was unreal today, what's that they say,  Form is temporary but class is permanent

Winning ugly is still winning... it's taken a while but hopefully that's S'neil done, as they were tough cookies for a long time

The standard in Munster and Leinster is the benchmark at the minute, St Thomas will be favourites but I'd say it's going to be a close game

I'm not sure if that's Slaughtneil done , they are still young and they weren't dominated today , be all down to the football

imtommygunn

Yeah that game could have went either way. They'll be back. I'd be hopeful that will do wonders for Dunloy as for me in time this is a crop that could be as good as their team that nearly won an ai but slaughtneil will be sore from that and have shown they're not easy beat.

Saffrongael

Quote from: imtommygunn on December 04, 2022, 08:28:20 PM
Yeah that game could have went either way. They'll be back. I'd be hopeful that will do wonders for Dunloy as for me in time this is a crop that could be as good as their team that nearly won an ai but slaughtneil will be sore from that and have shown they're not easy beat.

Time will tell but I don't think they are a patch on those Dunloy teams. Slaghneil were 30% off their normal level today, so many handling errors & missed dips, and were still in it at the death.

Dunloy kept at it when the tide looked like turning in the second half so fair fcks to them & hopefully they give St Thomas a game in two weeks
Let no-one say the best hurlers belong to the past. They are with us now, and better yet to come

imtommygunn

Very young though and winning Antrim hands down tbh.

Milltown Row2

Bookies have no favourite for this game, the draw being the best value bet when that happens, though the 5/6 to qualify for Kilcoo is what I'm looking at

Wildweasel74

I thought Glen beat Kilcoo, after beating Slaughtneil handy and Kilcoo looked poor enough in Down. Glen looked poor enough 1st half against Errigal and the whole of the Cargin game and Kilcoo won their 2 Ulster games Games easy. I see Kilcoo win easy enough unless Glen get well on top at Midfield. Also they been very wasteful in front of goal, missing alot of scoring opportunities.