Ulster club championship

Started by charlieTully, October 30, 2022, 10:45:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nrico2006

Hurling is the bigger joke. Donegal Champions constantly hitting Junior whereas the other equivalent counties go into Intermediate.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

seafoid

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on November 29, 2022, 06:31:28 PM
Hard believe Lavey could enter Junior hurling, are they not a senior hurling team in Derry, they be very few teams below senior level in Derry,
Club hurling is full of former champions fallen on hard times as teams retire. Portumna are Senior B in Galway
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: nrico2006 on November 29, 2022, 10:00:59 PM
Hurling is the bigger joke. Donegal Champions constantly hitting Junior whereas the other equivalent counties go into Intermediate.

This exactly. But feck them, they had 8 blow ins and still didnt blow everyone away. Cheating hoors

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Hard believe Lavey could enter Junior hurling, are they not a senior hurling team in Derry, they be very few teams below senior level in Derry,

They are intermediate atm Ulsterbut on way up again

nrico2006

Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on November 30, 2022, 12:26:11 PM

This exactly. But feck them, they had 8 blow ins and still didnt blow everyone away. Cheating hoors

Aye, but even Dungannon sneaking in this year was a low move too. Monaghan, Tyrone, Donegal, Armagh and Fermanagh champions should all be barred from entering the junior. Cavan are fair enough. As for Setanta, I counted 6 starters from outside the club and 2 subs.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

oakleaflad

Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on November 30, 2022, 12:27:23 PM

Am I right in thinking it's just Na Magha and Eoghan Rua that can enter the Ulster Junior Hurling championship at the minute? Will this be reviewed again given that Eoghan Rua won the Intermediate and Lavey the Junior?

Armagh18

Armagh Junior champions go into Ulster junior. Think Craobh Rua won it last year

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: nrico2006 on November 30, 2022, 01:10:49 PM

Aye, but even Dungannon sneaking in this year was a low move too. Monaghan, Tyrone, Donegal, Armagh and Fermanagh champions should all be barred from entering the junior. Cavan are fair enough. As for Setanta, I counted 6 starters from outside the club and 2 subs.

Just thought they had a bad year(Dungannon)-difference is Tyrone still sent their champs intermediate and had 2 Ulster reps.

Kane, Gilmore, Cleary, Donaghue, Flynn, Coulter on starting team-not sure about subs.

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: oakleaflad on November 30, 2022, 01:17:20 PM
Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on November 30, 2022, 12:27:23 PM

Am I right in thinking it's just Na Magha and Eoghan Rua that can enter the Ulster Junior Hurling championship at the minute? Will this be reviewed again given that Eoghan Rua won the Intermediate and Lavey the Junior?

Yeah atm, but Eoghan Rua beat Lavey, Swa and Screen then this year. Before this year that wasnt on the horizon

RoundBall

Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on November 30, 2022, 01:21:49 PM

Just thought they had a bad year(Dungannon)-difference is Tyrone still sent their champs intermediate and had 2 Ulster reps.

Kane, Gilmore, Cleary, Donaghue, Flynn, Coulter on starting team-not sure about subs.

Add to that McGettigan, Lafferty and McGee Connolly. On the bench Bellew, Ward, O'Reilly, McMenamin and Devine. Manager McGettigan is also an outside man although he played for Setanta for a while.
An Ríocht Uí Néill

nrico2006

Quote from: RoundBall on November 30, 2022, 06:01:01 PM

Add to that McGettigan, Lafferty and McGee Connolly. On the bench Bellew, Ward, O'Reilly, McMenamin and Devine. Manager McGettigan is also an outside man although he played for Setanta for a while.

I thought out of your list Bellew and O'Reilly were the only two, apart from the manager.  No Devine there at all

RoundBall

Quote from: nrico2006 on November 30, 2022, 06:10:59 PM

I thought out of your list Bellew and O'Reilly were the only two, apart from the manager.  No Devine there at all

McGettigan's, Bellew and O'Reilly are from Strabane, Lafferty and McGee Connolly Ballybofey/Mccumhaills, Ward is from Cork, McMenamin Castlefinn area. Devine may be injured, he's from Strabane or Clady, very good hurler.
An Ríocht Uí Néill

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: RoundBall on November 30, 2022, 06:28:03 PM

McGettigan's, Bellew and O'Reilly are from Strabane, Lafferty and McGee Connolly Ballybofey/Mccumhaills, Ward is from Cork, McMenamin Castlefinn area. Devine may be injured, he's from Strabane or Clady, very good hurler.

Wasn't sure about Mc gee, you sure Lafferty Strabane ?

Ward played all matches. Devine done.

Bellew strabane via belfast and lives in Derry

Strabane could have kept their own team going ,took the easy option  for glory. Mind us having 5 at training but kept going.

Very suspicious all these boys from everywhere appearing in wee Killygordon

Setanta and burt abd Buncrana ganged up on us and threatened Croke Park over something much more minor.

RoundBall

Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on November 30, 2022, 07:51:53 PM

Wasn't sure about Mc gee, you sure Lafferty Strabane ?

Ward played all matches. Devine done.

Bellew strabane via belfast and lives in Derry

Strabane could have kept their own team going ,took the easy option  for glory. Mind us having 5 at training but kept going.

Very suspicious all these boys from everywhere appearing in wee Killygordon

Setanta and burt abd Buncrana ganged up on us and threatened Croke Park over something much more minor.

Lafferty and McGee Connolly certainly McCumhaills. Lafferty jumped ship when he started going out with a girl from Killygordon as far as I am aware.
An Ríocht Uí Néill

nrico2006

Wonder if McGee Connolly and Lafferty have been there since younger days,  no issue with McMenamin as Castlefin is in the area and that's just who you would have to hurl for. Devine is from Strabane, he played a few games this season but don't think he committed.