Ulster club championship

Started by charlieTully, October 30, 2022, 10:45:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

toby47

Quote from: Armagh18 on November 16, 2022, 02:18:20 PM
Quote from: Hoof Hearted on November 16, 2022, 02:16:59 PM
Some craic, talking about where the glrn kilcoo will br ?
Jesus christ
Conor Glass has already poked the bear around toome
Whatever small chance there is of Glen being caught on the hop Kilcoo definitely wont be

Glen will win pulling up. 10+ points, I fear it could be an awful drubbing for Cargin.

EOC1923

Quote from: toby47 on November 16, 2022, 03:39:44 PM
Jesus christ
Whatever small chance there is of Glen being caught on the hop Kilcoo definitely wont be

Glen will win pulling up. 10+ points, I fear it could be an awful drubbing for Cargin.
This could well come to fruition Toby, genuine question out of interest, what is the logic behind your fears?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: EOC1923 on November 16, 2022, 04:09:44 PM
Quote from: toby47 on November 16, 2022, 03:39:44 PM
Jesus christ

This could well come to fruition Toby, genuine question out of interest, what is the logic behind your fears?

Any recent challenge games with Glen EOC?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

tintin25

I actually don't think Kilcoo or Glen will hand out the hammerings people are expecting - I do expect both to win of course.

Kilcoo beat Warrenpoint by a point and Clonduff on penalties - would you expect either of those two sides to hammer Enniskillen?

Saul goodman

Even if Cargin and Enniskillen win I reckon they would put it in Armagh instead of Omagh-

Kilcoo only get into their stride in Ulster they always seem to lift it few teams have taken them to ET over last few years Carryduff defo did 2 years ago maybe.

Can't see Cargin getting close to Glen but I do not think it will be a drubbing either I will go Glen by 4/5 points

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: Saul goodman on November 16, 2022, 05:21:57 PM
Even if Cargin and Enniskillen win I reckon they would put it in Armagh instead of Omagh-

Kilcoo only get into their stride in Ulster they always seem to lift it few teams have taken them to ET over last few years Carryduff defo did 2 years ago maybe.

Can't see Cargin getting close to Glen but I do not think it will be a drubbing either I will go Glen by 4/5 points

Healy Park pitch in real bad condition at the minute

onefaircounty

Quote from: tintin25 on November 16, 2022, 04:35:17 PM

Kilcoo beat Warrenpoint by a point and Clonduff on penalties - would you expect either of those two sides to hammer Enniskillen?

They needed extra time against Carryduff last season and beat Ballyholland by two points and then destroyed Derrygonnelly in the Ulster final.

tintin25

Quote from: onefaircounty on November 16, 2022, 06:18:22 PM

They needed extra time against Carryduff last season and beat Ballyholland by two points and then destroyed Derrygonnelly in the Ulster final.

True - but then again they just about beat Derrygonnelly a year or two previous

I'm just hoping for a couple of competitive games...until the last 15 anyway!

onefaircounty

Quote from: tintin25 on November 16, 2022, 06:28:30 PM
Quote from: onefaircounty on November 16, 2022, 06:18:22 PM

True - but then again they just about beat Derrygonnelly a year or two previous

I'm just hoping for a couple of competitive games...until the last 15 anyway!

Yeah who knows.

Hope so, Cargjn and Gaels will be pumped anyway.

grounded

I actually don't think Kilcoo or Glen will hand out the hammerings people are expecting - I do expect both to win of course.

I'm not so sure. They gave Derrygonnelly and Ramor big beatings last year and from their performance against Ballybay they seem to be operating on a similar level.
    Hopefully Enniskillen Gaels surprise me or perhaps the playing conditions mightn't be condusive for big scoring but i would be expecting a big Kilcoo win.
    Same applies to Glen.

general_lee

Cargin have nothing to lose and the manner in which they won Antrim and then beat Naomh Conaill will stand to them. Plenty of experience in there as well. Should be a pretty tasty affair. I don't know a whole pile about Enniskillen but I'd be hugely shocked if Kilcoo didn't win with relative ease.

Saul goodman

On a non ulster club related note - see Michael Murphy retired for Donegal

Wildweasel74

No games should be in Omagh, the pitch is dire at this time of year, and always been like that for yrs. Murphy best player ever to come out of Donegal and will be one of Ulster's greatest players ever. Still think he should put in for the, Donegal job.

redzone

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on November 16, 2022, 07:36:45 PM
No games should be in Omagh, the pitch is dire at this time of year, and always been like that for yrs. Murphy best player ever to come out of Donegal and will be one of Ulster's greatest players ever. Still think he should put in for the, Donegal job.
It actually is in grt shape at the minute. Think there was some sort of draining work done last year which has greatly helped. Plus there is no training on it at the minute either. It's no were near what it used to be this time of year

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: redzone on November 16, 2022, 10:02:57 PM
Quote from: Wildweasel74 on November 16, 2022, 07:36:45 PM
It actually is in grt shape at the minute. Think there was some sort of draining work done last year which has greatly helped. Plus there is no training on it at the minute either. It's no were near what it used to be this time of year

It's absolutely awful. We were on it Saturday night. Great ground and staff though